Kill the Paranid! TC(Problems with this scenario? and other race genocide questions!)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DeathXI
x3

Kill the Paranid! TC(Problems with this scenario? and other race genocide questions!)

Post by DeathXI » Tue, 8. Mar 11, 02:38

Aside from the obvious one (No paranid ships, which isn't a big deal)

I only see one issue, in that I won't be able to make my own sat stations since they require majaglit (is that right?) To which the obvious solution is, make a bunch, then kill them all!

Basically my long term plan is simply to kill everything paranid and keep their sectors for myself. Now this is serious long term because....I just started the new game. So, I have lots of time to rethink this, especially if I need to cozy up to get some sat factories for myself.

As long as we're the subject, what are the consequences for killing each of the races. Which "important" ships are necessary to obtain before you kill the race, what factories, etc.

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Tue, 8. Mar 11, 03:34

Hows about the fact they respawn for an issue?
You shoot 'em anything you leave in their sectors is toast when they reappear.
There are mods that allow sector conquest but it isn't vanilla.
S&M forum if you're determined.

redwards

Re: Kill the Paranid! TC(Problems with this scenario? and other race genocide questions!)

Post by redwards » Tue, 8. Mar 11, 03:41

DeathXI wrote:Aside from the obvious one (No paranid ships, which isn't a big deal)

I only see one issue, in that I won't be able to make my own sat stations since they require majaglit (is that right?) To which the obvious solution is, make a bunch, then kill them all!

Basically my long term plan is simply to kill everything paranid and keep their sectors for myself. Now this is serious long term because....I just started the new game. So, I have lots of time to rethink this, especially if I need to cozy up to get some sat factories for myself.

As long as we're the subject, what are the consequences for killing each of the races. Which "important" ships are necessary to obtain before you kill the race, what factories, etc.
I really have no idea to what extent this is possible (although I'm certain that there are mods to resolve any issues). As far as ships go, get the PHQ first and reverse-engineer all of the Paranid ships before you wipe them out, so you'll be able to build as many as you like.

Neeros
x3tc

Post by Neeros » Tue, 8. Mar 11, 03:54

lol who would WANT to mass produce paranid ships. :P

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Tue, 8. Mar 11, 04:25

My advice: talk to Spaceweed Adict, the only sentient to singlehandedly fight a war against the Terrans and not just survive, but win. He's the person to talk to if you want advice on running a major war effort against any major government.

Two potential pitfalls that I can see. Firstly, if I remember correctly, one of the things Weedy had to do was detail demolition crews to destroy stations and keep them destroyed when they respawned. Secondly, he fought his war in Terran space, meaning no bystanders got involved in the fray (there's really nobody but Terrans in Terran space). To fight a war in Paranid territory, you're going to have to be careful not to blow away Boron, Argon, Teladi, and Split along with the Paranids; otherwise, you're going to wreck your standing with everyone, not just your target.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

redwards

Post by redwards » Tue, 8. Mar 11, 04:35

Neeros wrote:lol who would WANT to mass produce paranid ships. :P
Hyperions and Aggys? Everyone.

Also, anyone who likes pretty ships.

StarSword
x3tc

A minor correction to the topic title

Post by StarSword » Tue, 8. Mar 11, 06:23

By the way, the title of the thread should read "xenocide," not "genocide." "Genocide" is against a population, which could be just, say, a particular ethnic group. "Xenocide," coined by Orson Scott Card in the Ender novels, is against an entire species.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

DeathXI
x3

Post by DeathXI » Tue, 8. Mar 11, 08:02

I read the first one in Fifth grade, could never get into the rest of them. Still, Ender's Game remains one of my favorite books, I have two copies around here somewhere...go Dragon Army!

Ozkar
x3tc

Post by Ozkar » Tue, 8. Mar 11, 08:14

Excellent book, read it just a couple months ago for the 3rd or 4th time :D

Now more on topic... Before you attack the Paranid's, get a Majaglit station or 2. 10 satellite factories should be more than enough, imho. And you will acquire plenty of Paranid ships fighting them. Any Paranid capital you can board, and if your in a ship with FAA, you will leave a trail of abandoned fighters you can claim.

As far as what Paranid ships are worth using, the obvious being the Hype, and the Aggy seems to be popular (never much cared for it myself) Also the Perseus line wouldn't make bad AI controlled fighters, its just too bad the best looking one is the sluggish Sentinel. And of course the ship I most wanted guns on, the Hades!
Give me a mamba or give me death!

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Tue, 8. Mar 11, 14:07

You'd lose access to tractor beams so stock up on those first.

Othwerwise PSGs and their ships, although those with a little effort can be captured.

DeathXI
x3

Post by DeathXI » Wed, 9. Mar 11, 04:41

good info to have, thanks all!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”