Pirate ranks

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dogbite
x3ap

Pirate ranks

Post by Dogbite » Tue, 8. Mar 11, 05:29

What are the pirate ranks ?
I have a real good memory but it's real short

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Tue, 8. Mar 11, 05:40

They don't have names.

Mazz
x3tc

Post by Mazz » Tue, 8. Mar 11, 05:43

Sadly there arent titled ranks like other races. They either mostly hate you and shoot at you and your property, or some of them ignore you and some of them shoot you.

I think no matter how friendly you get with them, there will always be a few that hate you.

Dogbite
x3ap

Post by Dogbite » Tue, 8. Mar 11, 05:50

I thought there ranks were names. I think there was one that had something to do with wings.
I have a real good memory but it's real short

Catra

Post by Catra » Tue, 8. Mar 11, 06:13

Thereshallbewings is the password to access the ingame script editor, which, among other things allows you to turn on an additional information toggle which let's you see the reputation info in the ship info of any ship.

All that comes up for pirates are numbers, which for the most part is useless to know since pirates bases you haven't shot up will always be blue and allow you to dock, and pirate stations will always be red unless hacked, and you'll always have a little 4man squad of pirates out to get you. =P

Bill Huntington
x3tc

pirate rank

Post by Bill Huntington » Tue, 8. Mar 11, 06:43

Dogbite, "Thereshallbewings" is the password entered in the change name area. Then get to your Control Console, and hit Control - S, (for Script Editor). Or it you see the script editor in a line, click on it. Once it starts, Additional Info comes up as choice. Choose Yes. Then when you scan a pirate station or ship, you get a number, which is your pirate rating.

If it is negative, you need to do missions for the pirates. A negative number means a higher percentage of pirates are red in the TC universe, and they get aggressive to you. I assume a higher number lowers the percentage. I find it helpful.

IMPORTANT. Reload after you check. If you keep it on and save your game, you get the MODIFIED tag on your game.

I hope this helps.
Last edited by Bill Huntington on Tue, 8. Mar 11, 18:06, edited 1 time in total.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Datalinks
x3tc

Post by Datalinks » Tue, 8. Mar 11, 13:38

Catra wrote:[...] and you'll always have a little 4man squad of pirates out to get you. =P
I've found that if you scan the leader of of this "4man squad" while being on good terms with the pirate faction, the squad turns blue.

However, this has not worked for me if I scan in a race sector while having the corresponding race police license.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”