XTC Jumpdrive

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dank7430
x3ap

XTC Jumpdrive

Post by Dank7430 » Tue, 8. Mar 11, 12:50

Can anyone tell me the closest place to scale plate green that sells jumpdrives please thanks.

P.S If possible provide directions thanks.

cj-spartacus
x3ap

Post by cj-spartacus » Tue, 8. Mar 11, 13:00

Assuming you haven't finished the Goner plot, the quickest place is OTAS HQ and the safest place is Terracorp HQ.

OTAS is in legend's home. From Scale Plate Green: S,W,S,W,W,W,N,N,E,S

Terracorp in Home of light. From Scale Plate Green: N,W,N,W,N,W,W,W,S,S,S,W,W,N,W,N,W,W

[Edit]: I forgot about Queen's harbour. From Scale Plate Green: E,E,E,E,S,E,S,S,S,S,E,E,E,E
Last edited by cj-spartacus on Tue, 8. Mar 11, 13:05, edited 1 time in total.
"Sticking feathers up your butt doesn't make you a chicken." - Tyler Durden

Dank7430
x3ap

Post by Dank7430 » Tue, 8. Mar 11, 13:03

cj-spartacus wrote:Assuming you haven't finished the Goner plot, the quickest place is OTAS HQ and the safest place is Terracorp HQ.

OTAS is in legend's home. From Scale Plate Green: S,W,S,W,W,W,N,N,E,S

Terracorp in Home of light. From Scale Plate Green: N,W,N,W,N,W,W,W,S,S,S,W,W,N,W,N,W,W
Thanks and no havent done the goner plot yet. Also Terracorp I knew about but was just such a long ways away. Well looks like im basing my new op's out of legends home thasnks for the info.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Tue, 8. Mar 11, 13:03

If you haven't got one already, I'd suggest getting a map from the guides list in the forum sticky. Also cj-spartacus didn't mention that the first gate goes through a Xenon sector so you will need a fast ship to safely navigate that sector.

Dank7430
x3ap

Post by Dank7430 » Tue, 8. Mar 11, 13:09

SIMON POPPLEWELL wrote:If you haven't got one already, I'd suggest getting a map from the guides list in the forum sticky. Also cj-spartacus didn't mention that the first gate goes through a Xenon sector so you will need a fast ship to safely navigate that sector.
No worries I have a rapier fully tuned but also an M6 Normandy .xsp Which I didnt script in haha it was the commander shepard start. Which I picked because I had to restart my old game as I had problems with mods I had installed but all fixed now. :D

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Tue, 8. Mar 11, 13:41

XTC as in the mod? They might be anywhere (depending how much it changes the universe) - you'd be better off asking in the XTC thread in the Scripts forum.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 8. Mar 11, 14:00

More likely a normal TC map plus this: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=236328
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

cj-spartacus
x3ap

Post by cj-spartacus » Tue, 8. Mar 11, 15:15

Carlo the Curious wrote:XTC as in the mod? They might be anywhere (depending how much it changes the universe) - you'd be better off asking in the XTC thread in the Scripts forum.
I think he means the vanilla game since Scale Plate Green isn't in the Xtended universe. I had a play around with the XTC mod and it is really cool but I'm waiting for the big update and bug fix before I really get into it properly.
"Sticking feathers up your butt doesn't make you a chicken." - Tyler Durden

Cykonaut
x3tc

Post by Cykonaut » Tue, 8. Mar 11, 16:45

Dank7430 wrote:Thanks and no havent done the goner plot yet. Also Terracorp I knew about but was just such a long ways away.
Why don't you just jump there? It's MUCH faster !! :D

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 8. Mar 11, 17:01

er.. That would be because he is looking for a jump drive. :roll:
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Dank7430
x3ap

Post by Dank7430 » Tue, 8. Mar 11, 22:52

:lol:

Im using the normandy ship mod as a fake patch as far as im aware it only adds the ship and new start dosent change anything else.

Also I couldnt jump there even if I had a jumpdrive (my m6 did though)because I hadnt found the sector yet.

I wanted it so #i could start building a fleet of Ut's :D

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Wed, 9. Mar 11, 00:19

Do you have Earth access yet? IIRC the Torus sells JDs
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Dank7430
x3ap

Post by Dank7430 » Wed, 9. Mar 11, 02:54

Snafu_X3 wrote:Do you have Earth access yet? IIRC the Torus sells JDs
:D Yeah thanks for the info.

SirCharles
x3tc

Post by SirCharles » Thu, 10. Mar 11, 05:03

just a sugestion. buy yourself a couple of the fastest ships that can mount jumpdrives and use them to go and get the jumpdrives and fly back to the desired location and transfer the jumpdrive to the desired ship. The reason I said to fly them back instead of jumping is the fact that most fast ships are small and may not hold enough energy cells to make the jump to where you need them. I have used this method when outfitting capital ships. I then can start jumping the large ships to different EQ docks for any upgrades I want instead of waiting forever for them to make it to a place that has the JD.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Thu, 10. Mar 11, 05:07

As a variation on that, you can use a TM or other carrier ship (with a jumpdrive), with several smaller 'jumpdrive mules' docked to that.

Bobbias

Post by Bobbias » Thu, 10. Mar 11, 07:26

If you had a small ship with little room for cargo, instead of simply flying back, you could map out a way to make a bunch of smaller hops to locations that either have a SPP (to grab more ecells) or to one that is near a sector with a SPP.

If you mapped it out correctly you could probably make it back quite quickly without needing to fly the whole way. And you wouldn't have to sacrifice speed on the way there either.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”