Unknown objects found in Unfocused JD Sector

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

William1982
x3tc

Unknown objects found in Unfocused JD Sector

Post by William1982 » Wed, 9. Mar 11, 20:03

[C:\Documents and Settings\Family\My Documents\Egosoft\X3TC\screenshots][/img]

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Wed, 9. Mar 11, 20:08

Your image link didn't work - you have to upload the image somewhere like imageshack or photobucket, not link it form your HD...

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 9. Mar 11, 20:11

If you mean the random bits of ship or station debris, then just scenery and atmosphere - of no practical use except as navigation marks.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

jwrealing
x3tc

Post by jwrealing » Thu, 10. Mar 11, 16:42

I've also ran into unknown object, as well as a ship that I could see, fly around but did show up on my radar nor could I scan it. It was fully in tacked. I did take snap shots of it but lost the pic when I had to replace my HD that went belly up. I must say that I try ed ever thing to get the ship but couldn't.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 10. Mar 11, 16:48

If it was a UFJD sector you found an Aran. There are threads on how to capture that. Otherwise ...

If you save (auto or salvage) at the precise moment a ship is being destroyed in sector, you can be left with a ghost of that ship afterwards. Think of it as a ship that was destroyed but the program never got around to deleting from the sector scene, rather like the frozen laser bolts you sometimes see.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

jwrealing
x3tc

Post by jwrealing » Thu, 10. Mar 11, 17:15

That makes since. But it was most certain one I've never see be for. Ive been playing this game for over a year now. If it happen again I'll insure that I get the snap shoots. And post tham, I will take a close look at the Aran and see if its the same ship.

cmdnenad
x3tc

Post by cmdnenad » Thu, 10. Mar 11, 17:24

Did it look like this? :)

[ external image ]

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Thu, 10. Mar 11, 18:15

You can also find Goner Rangers in UFJD sectors which behave the same, but you ain't going to mistake one of those for an Aran ;)

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”