x3- TC flail bug

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dem0n_Dude
x3tc

x3- TC flail bug

Post by Dem0n_Dude » Tue, 15. Mar 11, 23:43

Has anyone found that when they fire flails at fighters, the flails simply orbit the fighter instead of killing it,
this didn't used to happen, and it's quite fustrating when im trying to cap stuff

{A gameplay (or tech support) question? Moving from X3TC S&M. jlehtone}

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Wed, 16. Mar 11, 00:12

What are you firing at? I've seen wasps do it lots, but rarely flails. But, I tend to mainly roll my M7M out against bigger enemies where this is less likely to happen.

Also, are you using SETA?

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Catra

Post by Catra » Wed, 16. Mar 11, 00:15

Not a bug, that's the intended behavior of all guided swarm missiles.

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Wed, 16. Mar 11, 04:48

Actually, any missile will do that if the target is small and/or fast enough -- I've seen it with Thunderbolts, Hurricanes, Wildfires, Dragonflies, and Silkworms, when I fired at nav beacons in the Pirate Highway.* It's more noticeable with swarm missiles (where you have a dozen or so flitting around), but the source of the behavior is the warhead missing its target on the first pass and having to circle back around. It will keep doing this until:
  • the missile hits something (preferably the target).
  • the target successfully shoots the missile with a laser or another missile.
  • the missile runs out of fuel and self-destructs.
  • the target is destroyed by something else or otherwise vacates the sector, in which case (depending on the missile), it will either seek another target or go shooting off in whatever direction it was going when it lost its target.
* I was bored waiting for OTAS to call me up, and I was in the area, so I passed the time running short-distance missions and taking potshots at navigational beacons.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”