[X-BTF] Transporter(Albatross) stuck? And other TL questions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gazer75
x3tc

[X-BTF] Transporter(Albatross) stuck? And other TL questions

Post by Gazer75 » Wed, 16. Mar 11, 08:36

More questions or problems playing BTF :)

The transporter in Seizewell seem to have stopped moving. Is this a known problem? I cant build any Teladi buildings without it :(

Tried different saves, but they all have the same problem...

Am I screwed now?

Edit:
After going back and forth between saves and exiting system I finally got him to move again. Had to ask him to work for me and then cancel a few times. I could see him barely move as I accepted him, but then he was stuck again. After a few times I finally got him moving :)
Last edited by Gazer75 on Thu, 17. Mar 11, 08:02, edited 1 time in total.

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Wed, 16. Mar 11, 21:06

This is a known issue that appears in one form or another in all games (though much less in later ones). The problem arises when the collision detection and docking commands conflict. The solution is to leave the sector for a while. Out of sector (OOS) the collision detection is deactivated so the ship can land.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

Gazer75
x3tc

Post by Gazer75 » Thu, 17. Mar 11, 03:45

Thank you. Good to know next time it happens.

I had something else happen with an Argon transporter later.
Hired in Argon Prime, got a crystal fab and went on my way. Due to my engine tunings I fly a lot faster so I went and picked up some cash from my Taladianium fabs in Atreus Clouds, they make a ton of cash. After that I pointed my nose to the north gate and went on. Just as I got close, before jumping, I checked navmap and saw him in the system heading towards me.
Did same check in Rolk's Fate. However I did not see him in Menalaus before jumping to Ceo's.
Here comes the probem...he never shows up in Ceo's. Think I must have flown 5 times around the system and nothing. Backtracked to Argon Prime and never found him...

What happened? Do I have to make sure they are in the system before I go on to the next?

Gazer75
x3tc

Post by Gazer75 » Thu, 17. Mar 11, 08:09

Seeing all races got two transports in different systems. Can I hire both at the same time, and bring more than one station to build?

Takes a long time to move from Seizewell to Paranid Prime. At least when I have to wait for the darn slow transports to move down. With 13 tunings I am almost twice as fast as them :(

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Thu, 17. Mar 11, 19:31

You can hire more than one TL at a time. IIRC though, you can only command them to follow you and dock, so you'd have to fly to the shipyard sector and wait before telling it to dock.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

Gazer75
x3tc

Post by Gazer75 » Thu, 17. Mar 11, 23:34

It works, thank you.
However you have to hire the transporter not in the home system first. Wait for him to get to the shipyard system and ask him to dock. Buy the station you want and exit. Hire the TL in the home system and ask him to dock then buy.

If you hire and ask the home system TL to dock while waiting for the remote one to get there it will not work. The remote TL will never dock for some reason.
I had to cancel the job for the home TL to get the remote to dock...lost the money from the cahoona bakery :(

Gazer75
x3tc

Post by Gazer75 » Fri, 18. Mar 11, 00:16

Is there some kind issue with the transporters killing themselves? Ive lost a couple and they don't seem to return.
Happens after I jump and they never show up. Ive backtracked to look but nothing. Lost home system TL in Teladi and Argon :(
Had to go back many hours of gameplay to fix it...

Anyone know whats going on? Pissing me off to the point that I don't want to play anymore. Wasted God knows how many hours on this crap.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”