unable to launch marines from my M6

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

paulms1980
x3tc

unable to launch marines from my M6

Post by paulms1980 » Wed, 16. Mar 11, 15:40

ok ive done this before i know! just tried to launch my 5 marines from my M6 springblossom, didnt work! ive assigned the hotkey from the interface menu, got the shields down past 10% but nothing happend! marines are still sat in cargobay! no scripts except pandora and dock TS (which have no effect on boarding)
what am i doing wrong?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 16. Mar 11, 15:46

What game version/patch? Did you deselect any/all marines? The shields have to be about 5% or less and the M6 must be in the right position relative to the target (ideally close and facing away from it). Even then your marines will come out in 2 groups (a 2 and a 3) if you are on a later TC patch. Does your hotkey use the Piracy command or the Launch all marines command, or a custom one - if you know?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

paulms1980
x3tc

Post by paulms1980 » Wed, 16. Mar 11, 16:00

have you got anything better to do than annoy people with your smugness? all you do is post crappy comments on people's posts! you get on alot of people's tits! now do 1!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 16. Mar 11, 16:06

I take it that you didn't actually want any help but just wanted to vent then. Bye!

paulms1980
x3tc

Post by paulms1980 » Wed, 16. Mar 11, 16:14

no you talk to people like they are stupid! you dont actually answer any questions, instead state the obvious and raise more issues! and dont get smart ass to me either! youve been getting on my nerves since 2004!
now jog on and troll somewhere else! you always do this!
it was a simple question i asked!
anyone with a brain would read my post and realise ive simply forgotten how its done, not to mention i joined this forum in 2004!

Catra

Post by Catra » Wed, 16. Mar 11, 18:43

So if you wanted to know how boarding was done, why not state that in the OP? People with a brain wouldve realized you don't know what you're doing, not that you've forgotten cause there's no hints that you've ever done a single boarding op before .

And requesting more indepth info is trolling? Really bro? Cause I mean all those things asked are pretty important things that we need to know.

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Wed, 16. Mar 11, 18:52

Alan Phipps wrote:Does your hotkey use the Piracy command or the Launch all marines command ...
How do you assign Launch All Marines to a hotkey?
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 16. Mar 11, 18:57

@ StarSword: According to posts in the S&M forum, the OP now thinks he has vestiges of Cycrow's Improved Boarding Script left in his savegame. There is no strictly vanilla boarding hotkey method AFAIK.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 16. Mar 11, 21:01

paulms1980 wrote:no you talk to people like they are stupid! you dont actually answer any questions, instead state the obvious and raise more issues! and dont get smart ass to me either! youve been getting on my nerves since 2004!
now jog on and troll somewhere else! you always do this!
it was a simple question i asked!
anyone with a brain would read my post and realise ive simply forgotten how its done, not to mention i joined this forum in 2004!
I see nothing at all insulting in Alan's post, but yours is another story. Don't force me to give you a formal warning.

And as you don't really seem to want help, and because there seems to be a strong S&M element to it anyway, this thread is going down to the depths.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”