missle frigate question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

T Justice
x3tc

missle frigate question

Post by T Justice » Thu, 17. Mar 11, 06:18

tried to use missle frigate as a attack an saport ship. No matter what it gets destroyed .Tried all races same out come each time any help

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Thu, 17. Mar 11, 09:49

A few more details might help.

Are you flying it? If not, what orders have you given it? What is it being destroyed by? What distance are you engaging at? Etc...

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Thu, 17. Mar 11, 11:21

Sounds to me you are trying to use it in the wrong way. The M8 bomber is a better ship for long range support. The M7M is primary a boarding vessel or a long range attack ship i.e. destroy everything that moves. If you want to use this vessel it's better to use it yourself rather than leave it to the AI, unless you want it to board ships.

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Thu, 17. Mar 11, 12:58

missile frigate should not be used as classic war vessel, you cannot just take her in space and fly around seeking trouble. you should keep her far away from trouble (her missiles range is 58 /76 km) and pepper enemies with rain of missile death. with a bomber or a m7m you should have your missile production complex. also, support ship stands for support to OTHER ships, this may not be necessary always and in case you know what you doing but in your case it means not to deploy by itself to first lines of combat.

cj-spartacus
x3ap

Post by cj-spartacus » Thu, 17. Mar 11, 13:03

You can't let the AI take over when it comes to M7Ms. Use the missile barrage command in the extra commands section and make sure if you are attacking fighters to use Flails and capitals to use Hammers. A distance of 40km is the closest you need it to be to your targets.

Have fun destroying the universe
"Sticking feathers up your butt doesn't make you a chicken." - Tyler Durden

ObadiahtheSlim
x3tc

Post by ObadiahtheSlim » Thu, 17. Mar 11, 18:31

If you or the auto-pillock are flying teh M7M you always want to use the missile barrage command found under additional ship commands. Use it to reach out and kill every moving thing within 30km of yourself.

T Justice
x3tc

missle friget

Post by T Justice » Fri, 18. Mar 11, 07:15

Ive flown them an ai controlled . I now have a cobra maxed out in flails an hammer torpedos .It did help to replace my 1mj shields for 1gj. Sorry next post ill give more details

StarSword
x3tc

Re: missle friget

Post by StarSword » Fri, 18. Mar 11, 07:45

T Justice wrote:It did help to replace my 1mj shields for 1gj.
Uh, yeah, increasing your shields by a factor of a thousand would tend to be helpful. :oops: :P
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”