How to slave Hard Drive from last computer

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

ctlbulldg06
x3

How to slave Hard Drive from last computer

Post by ctlbulldg06 » Fri, 18. Mar 11, 11:40

Here's the situation, I had a relatively large empire created in X3R on my last computer, it has since crashed and I bought a new one cause it was out of date anyway. I want to slave the HD to pass the data from new to old..i've seen this done before but not sure what I need to make this happen.

Which folder in the generic X3 install holds the save games? (I see Maps, Mods, etc)

I think I was updated to v2.5 and had downloaded the Bala Gi Research missions as well. In order to make the save data work on the install I have on the current computer, will the patches have to be the same?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 18. Mar 11, 12:40

The location of the savegames is explained in this FAQ entry. Your game on the new PC will need to be patched to the same version used to make the savegames or higher. If you had any scripts/mods installed when the savegames were created then they will need to be installed too.

Your question about how to set up the old hard drive so that you can copy files from it really belongs in the off-topic forum. However the basic answer is that if it's a SATA drive then it should be as simple as connecting it to a spare SATA port (in practice this means using both a SATA data cable and a SATA power cable/connector).

ctlbulldg06
x3

Post by ctlbulldg06 » Fri, 18. Mar 11, 12:47

Thanks, I got the Slave issue resolved. I will check out the FAQ.

ctlbulldg06
x3

ctlbulldg06
x3

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”