Aldrin

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

speedracer4100
x3tc

Aldrin

Post by speedracer4100 » Sat, 19. Mar 11, 14:16

Is there A way I can go to aldrin to buy a ship without leaving the one I went their in at aldrin?

cmdnenad
x3tc

Post by cmdnenad » Sat, 19. Mar 11, 14:29

Yes, if you have a ship with docking bay. Equip a fighter with jumpdrive, dock it to your ship and jump to Aldrin. Then transfer the jumpdrive to the ship you've purchased.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 19. Mar 11, 14:31

Yes, fly there in a ship that other ships can dock at such as a TM, TL or M1. Have other ships aboard that you can take the jump drives from to put into the ships you buy there if you cannot dock them themselves to your carrier ship.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

speedracer4100
x3tc

Post by speedracer4100 » Sat, 19. Mar 11, 15:01

So when I jumpdrive back out i can order the other ship to follow and it will??

Shootist
x4

Post by Shootist » Sat, 19. Mar 11, 15:18

speedracer4100 wrote:So when I jumpdrive back out i can order the other ship to follow and it will??
If you order it to follow you, it won't. Order it to "jump to sector", then you follow it. IIRC.

speedracer4100
x3tc

Post by speedracer4100 » Sat, 19. Mar 11, 16:18

okay my ships are more then dumb...tell it to dock at my other ship and it flys away and has hit 30 km.....tell it to follow me and it still does the SAME DAMN THING. ships are so *************************************************************************************************** DUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

speedracer4100
x3tc

Post by speedracer4100 » Sat, 19. Mar 11, 16:24

yeah and the delay is so damn long i been trying to do a 5min thing and its been over 30min.....Don't think my computer can handle the SP either that or i need to abandon a ship

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 19. Mar 11, 16:47

So we are clear, what ship are you telling to dock at what ship?

Hint: If you are too close to a big Aldrin station or the big Aldrin rock then what you describe may happen, so move away a bit from everything else.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Sun, 20. Mar 11, 03:15

I usually do all my Aldrin stuff OOS if at all possible.
Mostly it's collecting my #deca.fades when they've finally got their EEMPCs from the factory.
Then I just command a TM with jumpdrive and nav software to jump in.
Then command the decas to dock with the TM which should only be a couple of minutes OOS. Then command the TM to jump back to my base.

With a larger ship you want fighters already loaded on the TM with extra energy, jump drives and nav software.
Have the TM jump and dock at the same station your ship is then transfer cargo, and across the drive, software and cells. replace the TM's drive etc. from the docked fighter and command both ships to jump back to your base.

Glaceious

Post by Glaceious » Sun, 20. Mar 11, 11:21

or purchase a solano from OTAS, toss a jumpdrive on it, fly it to the next sector toss some e cells on it and jump it to aldrin / the station you wanna buy the ship at. Do a freight transferr to new ship then sell solano.

Thats usually what i do.
Yours sais "replica", Mine sais "Desert Eagle .50"

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Sun, 20. Mar 11, 17:45

If you're buying the decas and Spits in batches, I would think it would take less time to use a Panther or M1 to gather them, then jump the carrier back to the Commonwealth and drop them at a convenient garage.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”