[TC]Yaki Ghosts?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ash Axiom

[TC]Yaki Ghosts?

Post by Ash Axiom » Tue, 22. Mar 11, 22:57

It's happened to me several times before, but only just now did I get a good enough look to recognize what it was. Over the past week or so I've seen a very strange thing occurring: a hostile Yaki Raijin Sentinel appears 50km or more away from my vessel, offering a combat mission. Before I can do much of anything, the Raijin goes blue, then explodes.

Please tell me somebody knows what this is. I've seen it in many different sectors and while flying many different ships (though I'm almost always in my Panther...hehe 8) ). Version is TC 3.1.

Catra

Post by Catra » Tue, 22. Mar 11, 23:01

Its not exploding, its jumping away from you. That happens when your yaki relations are very low.

Neeros
x3tc

Post by Neeros » Tue, 22. Mar 11, 23:05

Don't listen to Catra, it is the ghost of a slain yaki come to take revenge for the pirate deaths you have caused. The yaki always get their revenge.... :o

Ash Axiom

Post by Ash Axiom » Tue, 22. Mar 11, 23:15

Catra wrote:Its not exploding, its jumping away from you. That happens when your yaki relations are very low.
If I hadn't just gotten the good look that I did, I would totally agree with you, but I got a chance to zoom a couple of levels with my VEGs and I saw it much more clearly this time. It wasn't the usual flash of a jumping ship, it was more like the *POOF* of when an M5 gets one-shotted by a direct hit from a flak ball. Also, it distinctly went blue before it blew up. Does that happen with Yaki jumping away?

Also, if it's just a Yaki running away because I'm so scary, why is he following me around the galaxy, offering that mission for a fraction of a second at a time?

_Zap_
x3ap

Post by _Zap_ » Tue, 22. Mar 11, 23:21

I'd bet it got shot by something. This assasination-offering ships usually start their jumpdrive as soon as somebody starts shooting at them, and since yaki aren't the most welcomed visitors in most sectors...
Great DiD-based Story:
Prodigal Son - Cooperative Storytelling by Scion Drakhar

Catra

Post by Catra » Tue, 22. Mar 11, 23:29

Ash Axiom wrote:
Catra wrote:Its not exploding, its jumping away from you. That happens when your yaki relations are very low.
If I hadn't just gotten the good look that I did, I would totally agree with you, but I got a chance to zoom a couple of levels with my VEGs and I saw it much more clearly this time. It wasn't the usual flash of a jumping ship, it was more like the *POOF* of when an M5 gets one-shotted by a direct hit from a flak ball. Also, it distinctly went blue before it blew up. Does that happen with Yaki jumping away?

Also, if it's just a Yaki running away because I'm so scary, why is he following me around the galaxy, offering that mission for a fraction of a second at a time?
Then there mustve been missiles after it, or some police/military shooting at it, as they don't just explode.

Most things turn blue when jumping away, as It takes a second to remove the target box, and since the box doesn't belong to anything anymore, it turns neutral(which is also blue).

Because that's how the mission engine works.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 23. Mar 11, 00:02

Ash Axiom wrote:...
First off, it's not the same Yaki following you around. What, you think the X-Universe revolves around you? :lol:

Second, he's not scared, just thumbing his nose and saying "You could've had a mission from me, but because you're such a lowlife, goody two-shoes, eat my dust!" :mrgreen:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Wed, 23. Mar 11, 04:54

I've also had it that the Yaki bails, and when some timer ends, both pilot AND ship disappear. Even if I've claimed the "salvage'. Pity.
-- GD

cj-spartacus
x3ap

Post by cj-spartacus » Wed, 23. Mar 11, 05:07

The same thing happens for all races when you are in their disfavour. When I was conducting my campaign against the Paranid there were a lot of Pegasus flying around the other races' space and offering combat missions. If I ever got close enough to comm them they either wouldn't talk to me or simply disappeared without warning.
"Sticking feathers up your butt doesn't make you a chicken." - Tyler Durden

Uncle Ruckus 42

Post by Uncle Ruckus 42 » Wed, 23. Mar 11, 08:13

The same thing with the yaki is happening to me right now. I'm pretty sure its jumping away, not being blown up because theres usually nothing near it when I look on the sector map. I guess theres ships always within missile range of 20km or so but it seems to me like AI ships wait till they get within 10km or even closer before they start engaging for real. My relations with the Pirates are quite good, I'm using the Duke's Buccanneer vanilla malt start that I've been on for the past few RL weeks and doing missions for them and keeping pirates freindly. Me personally I like the yaki, they just keep getting in my way. My only question then is is it actually possible to click through everything fast enough to accept the mission before it jumps away/gets nerfed? If not how can I repair my rep with the Yaki?
"I don't understand......how can you shoot women and children"?

"Aw, its easy! You just don't lead them as much"!

Ash Axiom

Post by Ash Axiom » Wed, 23. Mar 11, 11:39

Nanook wrote:
Ash Axiom wrote:...
Second, he's not scared, just thumbing his nose and saying "You could've had a mission from me, but because you're such a lowlife, goody two-shoes, eat my dust!" :mrgreen:
If only he knew what I'm really like...MUAHAHAHA! He would be scared. Maybe I should go level Weaver's Tempest just to prove a point...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”