[X3R] Aladna Hill taken over by Kha'ak

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jackmcbarn
x3tc

[X3R] Aladna Hill taken over by Kha'ak

Post by jackmcbarn » Wed, 23. Mar 11, 14:58

Several Kha'ak carriers and destroyers have entered Aladna Hill and have apparently destroyed all of the stations in it. Since they're still there, I know that when the stations respawn, they'll just get blown up again. What's the cheapest way for me to get rid of the Kha'ak? I have several Hammerhead Missiles, but I know they'd just get shot down if I tried to use them. Right now, I'm thinking of a Split Elephant with BPPC's on the back, which slightly outrange GKYON's, and since the Elephant goes faster than Kha'ak capital ships, I can kill them by staying just out of the GKYON's range throughout the battle. Is this my best option?

AL'42
x3tc

Post by AL'42 » Wed, 23. Mar 11, 15:43

If you've got a split elephant then the simplest way is to station bomb the khaak capital ships, load up the elephant with some cheap fabs and drop one on each capital (use num 5 to lock onto target).

jackmcbarn
x3tc

Post by jackmcbarn » Wed, 23. Mar 11, 15:54

I don't have the Elephant yet. I actually totally forgot about station bombing. Could I just hire a TL to drop stations onto them? Also, what is the cheapest station to use for station bombing?

AL'42
x3tc

Post by AL'42 » Wed, 23. Mar 11, 16:09

Hiring a TL and using the shipyard in Light of Heart next door is certainly an option, just look through the factory list for the cheapest M size fab. Just need to watch out for any khaak as the TL enters Aladna Hill.

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Wed, 23. Mar 11, 16:29

effective and i believe cheapest solution would be bomber with full complement of tomahawk missiles +missile barrage command. bomber is not expensive but you would need a 100 tomahawks, maybe even less, they are usually self produced, which requires some investment and some time, or just buy them, not sure how much of them you could buy at once...

jackmcbarn
x3tc

Post by jackmcbarn » Wed, 23. Mar 11, 16:32

Will the Kha'ak be able to shoot at the station while they're stuck inside it? If they can, the station might blow up before the ship does, more so with the destroyers than the carriers, unless the collision damage happens a lot faster than I expect it to. (EDIT: Will the debris do any damage to them?)

deca.death: I'm playing Reunion.

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Wed, 23. Mar 11, 16:47

it seems that you do, as subject clearly states :oops:

and i was wandering how that my TC session is so peaceful comparing to that :-)

AL'42
x3tc

Post by AL'42 » Wed, 23. Mar 11, 17:15

jackmcbarn wrote:Will the Kha'ak be able to shoot at the station while they're stuck inside it?
The collision damage is very quick, you see the factory destroy the ship on placement. The ship gets meshed with the factory, not stuck inside, I’ve never seen a ship survive this fate.

Station bombing another station takes longer :wink:

jackmcbarn
x3tc

Post by jackmcbarn » Wed, 23. Mar 11, 18:14

It doesn't look like there's any cheap stations for sale at Light of Heart. I think I'll go to the Lucky Planets shipyard instead, which sells Bio Gas Factory M's.

StarSword
x3tc

Re: [X3R] Aladna Hill taken over by Kha'ak

Post by StarSword » Wed, 23. Mar 11, 18:54

jackmcbarn wrote:I have several Hammerhead Missiles, but I know they'd just get shot down if I tried to use them.
Not necessarily. You'll have to time it, but use a bunch of other missiles (swarm missiles will work well) or fighter drones to distract the Kha'ak gunners. More targets to hit means more missiles get through.

Same applies to boarding using an M7M and pods in TC.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

jackmcbarn
x3tc

Post by jackmcbarn » Wed, 23. Mar 11, 19:08

Even so, I'd need 8 hits just to take the shields off of one destroyer. I think I'm better off station bombing.

ObadiahtheSlim
x3tc

Post by ObadiahtheSlim » Wed, 23. Mar 11, 19:13

For the capital ships, you can try to use hammerheads (labeled unknown object in X3R). However you will want to fire fromoutside of gKyon range and overwhelm their point defense small missiles and/or fighter drones. The only hard part is getting the hammerheads. SQUASH mines might also do the trick but I never messed with them.

The fighters themselves aren't too bad if you got an M3. Try to go in a reasonably fast and shielded M3. Take out enemy M3s first since they mount bKyons. Engage the stranglers outside of the main packs. Remember, divide and conquer tactics works well. You could also try a falcon fighter with a phased shock wave generator.

jlehtone
x4

Re: [X3R] Aladna Hill taken over by Kha'ak

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 23. Mar 11, 19:48

jackmcbarn wrote:Is this my best option?
No, the best option is to let the Kha'ak stay, and when you do notice NPC traders to enter the sector, so will you. Then wait for the Kha'ak to slaughter the traders and collect dropped cargo afterwards. Rinse and repeat. :teladi:

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Wed, 23. Mar 11, 19:59

deca.death wrote:it seems that you do, as subject clearly states :oops:

and i was wandering how that my TC session is so peaceful comparing to that :-)
It's a good thing it's not TC, or I'd be out a 50 million credit complex investment. :D
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 23. Mar 11, 20:03

In TC, there are plenty of NPC task forces in that area to take down any Kha'ak invasion, including the Boreas group normally stationed there. Kha'ak 'invasions' don't last long in well defended TC sectors.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

KilsonX

Post by KilsonX » Thu, 24. Mar 11, 05:04

If there is a destroyer by itself you could alwasy do a run in to its blind spot witha M3+... Use lots of Drones, spam Missiles and Afterburner. The Drones and missles will hopefully let you live to get to the blind spot.. hit F2 and keep your ship in the middle of the hole in the back... and plink away...

Do not do this if there are other M2's or M1 near by... as they seem to be able to shoot through the hull and hit you ....

jackmcbarn
x3tc

Post by jackmcbarn » Thu, 24. Mar 11, 16:42

I don't have an M3+, and there's multiple carriers and destroyers. Maybe I'll leave the Kha'ak in Aladna Hill for now and clean them up once I finish the Bala Gi missions, if the Argon still hasn't taken care of them then.

TBV
x3tc

Post by TBV » Thu, 24. Mar 11, 19:05

Personally, I'd also recommend what Nanook said: seriously profitable.

If you must kill them then this is a cheap fix.

jackmcbarn
x3tc

Post by jackmcbarn » Thu, 24. Mar 11, 19:10

I assume you mean jlehtone, not Nanook. Last time I was in the sector, I didn't see any traders or dropped goods. And I'm not sure what that picture is of.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Thu, 24. Mar 11, 19:13

Lasertowers.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”