X3TC - Xenon Invasion? :S

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sehnsucht1985
x4

X3TC - Xenon Invasion? :S

Post by Sehnsucht1985 » Fri, 25. Mar 11, 22:00

I'm having a bit of a peculiar problem; for several hours now Xenon have been going through my hub (from Home of Light) and onwards to Heretics End. I have 5-6 Destroyers patrolling it at all times, but as we all know they are no match for the glitched power of the Q. I decided to track down where they spawned from, so I set out a satellite trail as well as reverse-following theirs. As I suspected they originated from Xenon 101, but I have _never_ seen them go through my hub before, and the current gate network is several days old.

I brought my Boreas and Osaka and smashed their shipyard to bits, but they still keep spawning like crazy. I'm talking several Q's every five minutes, as well as K's and the occasional J. Fighters swarmed my Boreas so I had to jump in my Osaka for better shield regen.

I could of course change my gate network, but I fear they would rampage through my Terran Weapons complex in Ore Belt if I do so, since that's where the hub is connected. Of course, if they're going to their Core sector or anywhere around there I should be safe..

Any ideas around this? It's actually really cool that something like this has happened, but it's kind of bitter sweet.
TC: All plots completed. ATF Tyr and Odin successfully boarded. Aran found and boarded.
Fight Rank: Legend

_Zap_
x3ap

Post by _Zap_ » Fri, 25. Mar 11, 22:06

Mh, not really a great idea, but placing dozens and hundreds lasertowers behind the gates in the hub might scare them of, or at least rip em to shreds...
Great DiD-based Story:
Prodigal Son - Cooperative Storytelling by Scion Drakhar

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 25. Mar 11, 22:09

Maybe move the hub connection of the gate that they go toward when crossing your hub?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Flozem
x3tc

Re: X3TC - Xenon Invasion? :S

Post by Flozem » Fri, 25. Mar 11, 22:16

Sehnsucht1985 wrote:I have 5-6 Destroyers patrolling it at all times, but as we all know they are no match for the glitched power of the Q.
Odd, as I have three Osakas patrolling Grand Exchange, three Oddyseus patrolling Zyarth's Dominion, and two Osakas patrolling my Hub and I have yet to loose one destoyer.... They do not even get dents...

I didn't close off all Xenon sectors to keep things interesting... hate to live in a boring universe... :D

Are you sure your destroyers are not using missiles or ammo based weapons? Cuz these make destoyers behave badly OOS... :roll:

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Fri, 25. Mar 11, 22:22

Well, notice which destroyers you've picked (chiefly the Osaka). The Osaka-class and Tyr-class are the only ones guaranteed to survive the first round of OOS combat against a Q. The others can take down a Q, certainly, but there's no guarantee that it won't insta-gib them.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Sehnsucht1985
x4

Post by Sehnsucht1985 » Fri, 25. Mar 11, 22:28

One of them is using GC's, but it has plenty of ammo. None use missiles. I have 1 Osaka, thinking about getting more of them and perhaps only use those for patrolling.

Anyway, the spawning stopped eventually a while after I destroyed the shipyard. Never seen so many Xenon ships at once though; was good fun. I made a backup of the invasion so I can have fun with it later :)

I placed two destroyers and one flak frigate on each side of the gate where I knew they would come from. That was good fun.
TC: All plots completed. ATF Tyr and Odin successfully boarded. Aran found and boarded.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Fri, 25. Mar 11, 22:49

It sounds like a Xenon migration.

In X3R ships used to just spawn in whichever sector, but in TC they can spawn in the nearest Xenon sector with a shipyard instead, and then move to the target sector.

Sehnsucht1985
x4

Post by Sehnsucht1985 » Sat, 26. Mar 11, 00:49

Carlo the Curious wrote:It sounds like a Xenon migration.

In X3R ships used to just spawn in whichever sector, but in TC they can spawn in the nearest Xenon sector with a shipyard instead, and then move to the target sector.
Aye, that's what I thought. Very interesting; and could make for some fun situations.. Like setting up hundreds of lasertowers like someone suggested, or placing 10 destroyers perfectly aligned with the warpgate.

Flozem
x3tc

Post by Flozem » Sat, 26. Mar 11, 08:17

Sehnsucht1985 wrote:One of them is using GC's, but it has plenty of ammo.
No OOS patrol ship should use ammo based weapons or missiles. Once they are depleted, the ship won't lift a finger...

Sehnsucht1985
x4

Post by Sehnsucht1985 » Sat, 26. Mar 11, 09:19

Flozem wrote:
Sehnsucht1985 wrote:One of them is using GC's, but it has plenty of ammo.
No OOS patrol ship should use ammo based weapons or missiles. Once they are depleted, the ship won't lift a finger...
True enough, I just wanted a bit of variety. It's one of 5 anyway in a tiny zone, doesn't matter much. I had 100 GC's laying around so kinda needed to try it out. I have 1 of every purchasable M2 in the game and so I've tried all kinds of weapons combos. Some work better than others; I can't say I like the Gauss Cannon much. The ammo is depleted too fast and the range is too short. Does fire fast however - great had it not been ammo-based.

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Sat, 26. Mar 11, 09:37

Sounds like a Xenon migration to me. X101 is trying to resupply another Xenon sector with ships. Your destruction of the reinforcements prevents the recieveing sector to reach it's quota, so X101 just keeps on building & sending out more.
The target sector must have lost a rather large part of it's defenseforce, and lacks a SY to resupply itself over time. Could be you wiped a xenon sector clean or one of the races did.

X101 is also known as one of the best fortified sectors of the Xenon, so no wonder you had to call backup. Attacking any Xenon shipyard sector will trigger a mass Q spawn tho (Q's every few minutes) and can even trigger a K/J pack spawn.

My advice would be, try to find out their destination, and let them actually arrive. Once the destination sector reached it's quota on ships, X101 will stop sending out ships normally. The remainder enroute might stop migrating and run the *Destroy all life* routine, so be ready for that.

Flozem
x3tc

Post by Flozem » Sat, 26. Mar 11, 10:19

I love doing that once I get bored... :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”