Mapping the TC universe VERY QUICKLY !

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Mapping the TC universe VERY QUICKLY !

Post by Bill Huntington » Mon, 28. Mar 11, 03:34

I recently restarted with the Poisoned Paranid start. That overtuned Hype is special!

My game began in Heaven’s Assertions sector, so I had access to the Cargo Life Support software in the nearby pirate sector. But I had to go all the way to Getsu Fune to get the Trade extension! At least the Jumpdrive was close in Atreus HQ. From Getsu I moved over to Family Whi and picked up the Iguana.

I made my $25 Mil before the time limit, and took the extra time to map most of the TC universe. The Sickness Recovery Institute, or whatever, was in Queen’s Harbor. I had been to the North edge of the map. So every sector usually had the South jump gate highlighted, no matter how far away. This is because it was the route to get to the site of the current mission, the Recovery Institute. If you started on the North edge, you could very quickly move through ten or twelve sectors. When you jumped to the south jumpgate of a sector, you just backed through immediately and you were in another sector. Then you do it again.

This actually worked very well through the hostile Paranid sectors, since you got a short warning period before they started shooting. That was enough time to jump to the next gate and out. I piloted a speedy Kestal with a Boa support ship nearby, and this worked fine.

I didn’t have nearly enough satellites to put up, but I had the jump gates for 85% of the map done in a very short period of time. In some sectors I checked the white lightbulbs that gave nearby sector maps. This saved a lot of time after I picked up the new Hype and started the next part of the game.

I hope this helps.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 28. Mar 11, 20:48

For a moment I thought,from the title,that you had found a quick way for a first - time player to map a universe he has never seen.

Other than following the UFO , or using Scorp's Map or somsuch,that is.

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Mon, 28. Mar 11, 22:24

Last Vanilla start I got the Elite in Omicron Lyrae, and flew quickly to Argon Prime, capturing two of Dukes TP's en route.
From then on I made credits enough by Taxi flights.
Other than that, I will fly towards Split space as they are much easier than the Paranid to make friends with initially.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Mon, 28. Mar 11, 22:24

Last Vanilla start I got the Elite in Omicron Lyrae, and flew quickly to Argon Prime, capturing two of Dukes TP's en route.
From then on I made credits enough by Taxi flights.
Other than that, I will fly towards Split space as they are much easier than the Paranid to make friends with initially.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”