There is no shipyard in Terran Space after doing Aldrin missions (i think), how come?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

littleheadspin
x3tc

There is no shipyard in Terran Space after doing Aldrin missions (i think), how come?

Post by littleheadspin » Thu, 31. Mar 11, 17:34

I think i just completed the Aldrin plot, I think its done when your last mission is to take some guy to Earth and you get a big message saying 'CONGRATULATIONS!'

Anyway people on the forums say after this plot a shipyard spawns in 'Terran Unknown Sector 1'

It is not there, I also have the X3 Map by Scorn which tells you where everything is in your game such as bases ect and on that it says there is no shipyard in that sector, or in any other Terran Sector.

Have i finished the plot? or is this a bug? or am I missing something?

I want to build some Terran Factories.

builder680
x4

Re: There is no shipyard in Terran Space after doing Aldrin missions (i think), how come?

Post by builder680 » Thu, 31. Mar 11, 17:41

littleheadspin wrote:I think i just completed the Aldrin plot, I think its done when your last mission is to take some guy to Earth and you get a big message saying 'CONGRATULATIONS!'

Anyway people on the forums say after this plot a shipyard spawns in 'Terran Unknown Sector 1'

It is not there, I also have the X3 Map by Scorn which tells you where everything is in your game such as bases ect and on that it says there is no shipyard in that sector, or in any other Terran Sector.

Have i finished the plot? or is this a bug? or am I missing something?

I want to build some Terran Factories.
Spoiler
Show
1) That sounds like the Terran plot, not the Aldrin plot. If you don't see sectors named Terran Unknown Sector (#), then you weren't doing the Aldrin plot. Going to Aldrin is part of the Terran plot, so I can see why you may have thought otherwise. I did too, about a month and a half ago when I did it.

HERE IS A LINK to some plot walkthroughs if you want to double check what plot you were actually doing.

2) When you do complete the Aldrin plot, comm any ship in TUS 1 and ask for directions to the nearest shipyard. It's randomly placed and can be tough to find, but directions will take you right to it.
Last edited by builder680 on Thu, 31. Mar 11, 17:50, edited 4 times in total.

cj-spartacus
x3ap

Post by cj-spartacus » Thu, 31. Mar 11, 17:48

Yes you've just finished the Terran plot which means you haven't done the Aldrin plot yet. It doesn't finish at Earth. You'll get a message when the Aldrin plot is available but you need to do a few other things to trigger this.
"Sticking feathers up your butt doesn't make you a chicken." - Tyler Durden

littleheadspin
x3tc

Post by littleheadspin » Thu, 31. Mar 11, 17:53

Oh right cool, Thanks for your replies. :)

KewlCrayon
x4

Post by KewlCrayon » Thu, 31. Mar 11, 21:22

Yeh I'm just on my way to finishing the Terran Plot too, just got my Vidar :D.

They've mentioned going to Aldrin, but I remember someone (on the forums) telling me that the Terran and Aldrin plots are separate, and you dont get access to Aldrin stuff till Aldrin plot is completed. The Aldrin Plot comes available after sometime after the Terran plot, someone messages you and calls you back to the Asteroid Belt or something.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 31. Mar 11, 21:26

The FAQ gives you all the requirements for starting the various plots. Note the extensive requirements for the Aldrin expansion plot.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”