Advanced Satellites and Sector Trading

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

CharlieCharlie

Advanced Satellites and Sector Trading

Post by CharlieCharlie » Thu, 31. Mar 11, 21:22

Got enough credits (after buying and selling a few second hand ships) to get a Mistral Super Freighter. I want to set it to Sector Trading but have a couple of questions.

1) When I set it to sector trade and it asks for a number from 0-2, does this mean the maximum it'll jump at any time?

2) Do I need to put advanced satellites in each sector I want it to auto trade in?

Many thanks :)

wathman00
x4

Post by wathman00 » Thu, 31. Mar 11, 21:26

the jump number sets how far from the sector you select the ST will travel. Just think of it as you having selected a "home" sector, and the jump range specifies how far it can travel.

Advanced satellites aren't required, but not a bad idea to have.

Also, you probably would get better results with a regular Mistral than a Mistral SF for ST. For the most part, the deals an ST will find will not fill up the hold of a Mistral SF, and will be carting around empty space. It's better to have the smaller hold of the regular mistral with it's much better speed to get more, smaller deals over the same amount of time.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 31. Mar 11, 22:25

Once you are able to trade beyond the home sector of your TS etc,it is called a local trader (LT).
Some prefer the term local sector trader (LST) ,to avoid confusion with laser tower (LT) when using acronyms.

A group of LSTs set carefully can be very efficient and you can avoid them straying into volatile sectors,wich is an advantage over universal traders (UT),which you have little or no control over.

Advanced sats are useful when out of sector (OS) ,as it allows you to see what is there when you and or your ships are not travelling insector (IS).
It also helps later when you want to place stations and/or build complexes,as it give a video feed to help positioning etc.

CharlieCharlie

Post by CharlieCharlie » Thu, 31. Mar 11, 22:29

Thank you for your help! :)

Gregtronix

Post by Gregtronix » Fri, 1. Apr 11, 00:42

So can anyone shed any light on the functional use of Adv Sats for your UTs? Is there any benefit to them aside from allowing you to see what's going on in a given sector?
Folks, never, ever underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups...

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Fri, 1. Apr 11, 01:34

Gregtronix wrote:So can anyone shed any light on the functional use of Adv Sats for your UTs? Is there any benefit to them aside from allowing you to see what's going on in a given sector?
In the original script, back in X2 days, there was an option to set Mk3 traders to only trade in sectors with satellites. AFAIC gather (from reaing this forum) this never worked particularly well, so the option was dropped when the X3 scripts were reworked. Therefore I no longer think there is any advantage in dropping sats WRT Trade3 use unless you use <modified> scripts.

(There is a minor advantage in that you can see the aggressor(s) after you notice your trader has been destroyed, but I don't count this as significant)

However, the satellite detection in CAG/CLS use does work very well. Once you have your own factory(s), check out their use in the accompanying bonus pack PDF

Hope this helps
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 1. Apr 11, 13:37

That option was only ever a mod for X2--it wasn't part of the default UT behaviour.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”