X3TC,jumpdrives

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

-John-
x4

X3TC,jumpdrives

Post by -John- » Sat, 2. Apr 11, 03:36

Is it possible to purchase multiple jumpdrives as freight.
I wanted to purchase 3 jumpdrives and freight them back to other sectors for various ships of mine, but I can only purchase one it seems.
Thanks,
John

CeaserNic
x3tc

Post by CeaserNic » Sat, 2. Apr 11, 03:40

Only one jumpdrive per ship, unfortunately.

wathman00
x4

Post by wathman00 » Sat, 2. Apr 11, 03:41

buy a TM class ship and dock 4 discoverers in it. use them as your jumpdrive delivery service

Kdovi
x3tc

Post by Kdovi » Sat, 2. Apr 11, 10:14

Or (if you don't mind going modified) you can try Upgrade Kits by LV

-John-
x4

Post by -John- » Sat, 2. Apr 11, 18:49

Thanks for the help/answers. Im not far enough along to buy a transport ship.
I am in the Terran Defender start and at the point where I have to outfit a tanker I captured with shields and jumpdrive to finish that segment of the start. I didnt want to fly it thru a Xenon sector for a jumpdrive, but guess I will have to do that.
Enjoying this game tremendously thus far. It really fit my life for the moment as I can just play when I have the time.
Thanks again,
John

Capt_Newbie
x3tc

Post by Capt_Newbie » Sat, 2. Apr 11, 19:40

If it's the mission I'm thinking of, I didn't have to put shields on the freighter to do it, although I might have added some just in case, and used strafe drive to put some space between me and the enemy afterwards. I certainly didn't need to install a jumpdrive. My memory can't be that patchy, can it..? <worried>
"Once you figure out what a a joke everything is, being the Comedian's the only thing that makes sense."

wathman00
x4

Post by wathman00 » Sat, 2. Apr 11, 19:43

If you head to the Southeast end of the map, it's possible to get to Atreus HQ in Queen's Retribution without going through a Xenon sector. They sell jumpdrives there.

Though making it through a Xenon sector isn't too tricky if you go quickly. In your case, taking the Advanced Discoverer you get as part of the Terran plot would work, buying the jumpdrive on that, and then transferring it to the ship you want it on.

tranenturm
x3tc

Post by tranenturm » Sat, 2. Apr 11, 19:58

Or transfer your one drive and then park the ship it came from in another sector. Transfer it back later.

cj-spartacus
x3ap

Post by cj-spartacus » Sat, 2. Apr 11, 20:01

wathman00 wrote:If you head to the Southeast end of the map, it's possible to get to Atreus HQ in Queen's Retribution without going through a Xenon sector. They sell jumpdrives there.

Though making it through a Xenon sector isn't too tricky if you go quickly. In your case, taking the Advanced Discoverer you get as part of the Terran plot would work, buying the jumpdrive on that, and then transferring it to the ship you want it on.
He's on the other side of X598 from Atreus HQ. You could pick up a JD in your Sabre and transfer it to your Caimen once you've flown back up to Family Zyarth.
"Sticking feathers up your butt doesn't make you a chicken." - Tyler Durden

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Sat, 2. Apr 11, 23:56

-John- wrote:Thanks for the help/answers. Im not far enough along to buy a transport ship.
I am in the Terran Defender start and at the point where I have to outfit a tanker I captured with shields and jumpdrive to finish that segment of the start. I didnt want to fly it thru a Xenon sector for a jumpdrive, but guess I will have to do that.
Yeah, no need for that. When the
Spoiler
Show
Elephant launches its fighters,
just teleport back to your own ship and jump out. Screw the freighter.

Of course, you might not be playing the way I do: in other words, dawdle on the plots until you're darned good and ready. I had a fully equipped TM, fighters, and a budding trade empire in that mission. Just had my Pelican follow me in, and teleported back over when
Spoiler
Show
the #decas spawned
and left the Caiman to rot. No great loss.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Dycor
x3tc

Post by Dycor » Sun, 3. Apr 11, 00:00

Both Shipyards in "Legend's Home" sell ships with Jumpdrives.

ctlbulldg06
x3

Post by ctlbulldg06 » Mon, 4. Apr 11, 14:25

I have this same question....I am playing X3TC for the first time, I have experience with X2/X3. I am trying to get jumpdrives for my ships too. Currently I am in the process of flying my Rapier all the way back to Home of Light with my Saber coming behind.

Two questions arise: 1) Besides HoL and Cloudbase SW what sectors sell jumpdrives? 2) Last I checked Jumpdrives required M size frieght capacity (but that's me thinking X2...) are they S frieght in X3TC?

zyriel
x4

Post by zyriel » Mon, 4. Apr 11, 14:54

ctlbulldg06 wrote: are they S frieght in X3TC?
JD is still M
only small and fast ship that can carry it is Kestrel

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 4. Apr 11, 15:05

zyriel wrote:JD is still M
Also Discoverers, Fujins, & Valkyries. Split M4s are quite nippy as well.

zyriel
x4

Post by zyriel » Mon, 4. Apr 11, 16:58

Carlo the Curious wrote:
zyriel wrote:JD is still M
Also Discoverers, Fujins, & Valkyries. Split M4s are quite nippy as well.
discoverer is slow
fujin's are good but tought to get
Valkyries are very very hard to get
and theres no Split M5's that can carry jumpdrive
split M4's are 2 times slower than kestrel

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Mon, 4. Apr 11, 17:56

And Kestrels are very expensive for an M5...
It's quicker just load some random hulls on to a TM and jump that around.
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 4. Apr 11, 18:39

zyriel wrote: discoverer is slow
fujin's are good but tought to get
Discoverer Raider does 439m/s, which is faster than a basic Fujin and not a great deal slower than the Raider variant of that ship (which does 477). Besides, what does speed matter when by far the most efficient jumpdrive carrying technique is to put four M5s onto a TM and use the mothership to jump them to their destination?

zyriel
x4

Post by zyriel » Mon, 4. Apr 11, 18:46

i still prefer Kestrels to do the initial runs and later on most efficient for me would be raptor and any m3,m4.m5 that i can grab to fill it up :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”