Destroying Xenon 347 with a single Titan destroyer?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cade Jackson

Destroying Xenon 347 with a single Titan destroyer?

Post by Cade Jackson » Sun, 3. Apr 11, 12:13

Hi all! Ive been looking on the forums and people have told me that the can destroy entire Xenon sectors with a Hyperion! Is it possible to do it with my Titan?

Titan Weapons

Front Turret

6 PPC

2 Ion Cannons

Left Turret

4 CIG

Right Turret

4 CIG

Top Turret

2 Cluster Flak array

2 Flak artillary array

bottom turret

2 CFA

2 FAA

Back turret

8 HEPT

Shielding

4 2GJ Shield

Upgrades

Speed 49 m/s (Fully upgraded)

Turning speed 0.7 (Fully upgraded)

Cargo n/a

Turret commands

Front turret

Attack Captals

Side turrets Attack all enemys

top and down attack all enemys

back attack all enemys

So do you think I could take out the xenon fleet stationed there? With a little help from the strafe drive?
Did you know? We live on a planet called Earth?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 3. Apr 11, 12:24

They probably mean the Hyperion from X3R when they talk about wiping out a Xenon sector using one, rather than the Hyperion Vanguard from X3TC. Anyway, you can quite easily take out a Xenon sector in *any* M2 (with the possible exception of the Python, due to its lack of anti-fighter capability), and your Titan appears to be outfitted in a fairly reasonable way, so I don't see it having difficulties.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Sun, 3. Apr 11, 12:29

You can clear any Xenon sector in the Hyp in X3TC as well. It may just take judicial use of typhoon and wraiths missiles :p

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sun, 3. Apr 11, 12:46

Totally possible in the Python. You'll just need to bring some missiles to deal with the fighters. I like Thunderbolts and Silkworms.

You might want to go all of one type of flak on each of those guns though. Say 4 FAA, and 4 CFA. I don't remember a range difference, but it might be significant to your energy.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

zyriel
x4

Post by zyriel » Sun, 3. Apr 11, 12:56

you should be able to kill everything in xenon sectors with your titan
the xenon sector 695 would be the toughest for titan to solo
just try to strafe all the white furry balls they shoot at you (PSP)

using overcharged PSP makes terran capitalships about 2 times more efficient damagedealers to capitalships and stations

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Sun, 3. Apr 11, 13:04

Your Titan seems to be a little under armed to me, is this because you couldn't afford to fully upgrade it? Or due to lack of available weapons? I would drop the CIGs on the left/right turrets in favour of PPCs and put CIGs in the rear turret, the top/bottom turrets are OK with flak weapons.

Cade Jackson

Post by Cade Jackson » Sun, 3. Apr 11, 13:09

Yeah I few weapon shortages. But i'm currently starting to build a heavy weapons complex near Argon Prime which is where my main fleet is.
Did you know? We live on a planet called Earth?

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Sun, 3. Apr 11, 13:17

exactly what simon says. forget HEPT's, they have no business on M2. CIG or ISR in the back, PPC left right and front.

i personally avoid combining different weapons in single turret. different bullet speeds and sizes could mean that in specific circumstances you could score hit with one OR other weapon, not both. there are exceptions to that rule, though rare.

and if you have problems equiping ships check here

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sun, 3. Apr 11, 13:35

On the other hand if you can lay hands on 4 IonD's it turns those cluster flaks into range extenders. The IonD will jump off the CFA shrapnel and hit things further out.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Sun, 3. Apr 11, 13:43

deca.death wrote:you could score hit with one OR other weapon, not both. there are exceptions to that rule, though rare.
Mixing weapons shouldn't cause any issues with respect to bullet speeds. The AI commands will use the appropriate lead for each bullet, even if they are on the same turret. The main issue with mixing weapons is turn speed...

Tim

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Sun, 3. Apr 11, 13:55

perkint wrote: Mixing weapons shouldn't cause any issues with respect to bullet speeds. The AI commands will use the appropriate lead for each bullet, even if they are on the same turret.
are you certain? that mean that i could use pbg's and pbe's in spinal batt. and hit with both weapon i a same time? or with hept and prg? not to my experience. maybe so only in actual turrets but common sense says otherwise.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Sun, 3. Apr 11, 14:38

Try it - mix HEPT and PAC/PRG in the same turret and then watch the AI fire - you can see the two trace paths as the bullets are fired with different amounts of lead :)

Tim

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Sun, 3. Apr 11, 15:12

I think there was a glitch in an earlier version that caused problems with mixed weapons on turrets, it was fixed in a later patch iirc. As long as the weapons are in the same class there shouldn't be any problems i.e. ISR/CIGs, FFA/CFA or PPC/IC/GC. Worse thing to do would be to put heavy weapons with light weapons. :shock:

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sun, 3. Apr 11, 17:22

The real problem is differing ranges. Say, HEPT has a 2.5 ish range, while IRE has 1km. The HEPT opens up first, and so does the IRE, even though it's out of range. The problem is then that the battery is being drained by the weapon that's still out of range for no gain.

Mixing a PAC and PSG though, the causes the PSG to fire when the PAC does. They have the same effective range, but the firing range of the PSG is far shorter.

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Sun, 3. Apr 11, 19:03

perkint wrote:Try it - mix HEPT and PAC/PRG in the same turret and then watch the AI fire - you can see the two trace paths as the bullets are fired with different amounts of lead :)
that's certainly good to know. wonder why they haven't used same system for forward guns.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Sun, 3. Apr 11, 19:20

deca.death wrote:that's certainly good to know. wonder why they haven't used same system for forward guns.
When using auto aim, it should work the same :?

Tim

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 3. Apr 11, 22:02

I agree with perkint--if you're using auto-aim and Boresight fire then it DOES work the same for forward guns. It doesn't if you're using mouse fire or don't have auto-aim active, of course.

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Sun, 3. Apr 11, 23:55

pjknibbs wrote:It doesn't if you're using mouse fire or don't have auto-aim active, of course.
isn't that the same? i shoot with mouse where computer shows me, that auto aim symbol, right?

btw remind me: is there the difference between mk1 and mk2 fight software, aiming concerned?

andrewas
x3tc

Post by andrewas » Mon, 4. Apr 11, 00:42

Theres no difference in X3TC, in X3R you needed Mk2 to get assisted aiming. IN TC, Fight 2 is useful only for additional turret scripts.

Catra

Post by Catra » Mon, 4. Apr 11, 00:56

deca.death wrote:
pjknibbs wrote:It doesn't if you're using mouse fire or don't have auto-aim active, of course.
isn't that the same? i shoot with mouse where computer shows me, that auto aim symbol, right?
autoaim doesn't work with mousefire. That symbol is just the lead that's given when semi is turned on, and when auto is on, you don't need to be as close to that lead.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”