giving the python flak?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Serinox
x3tc

giving the python flak?

Post by Serinox » Sun, 3. Apr 11, 20:57

So after trying many times to enjoy piloting the Python I just couldn't deal with the lack of its anti-fighter capability any longer.

So I was wondering if it would be possible to modify something so that I could mount flak in the up and down turrets?

And just to clear it up... No I do not want to babysit an m7 for anti-fighter work, nor do I wish to have a whole squadron of what would appear to be substandard IQ m3 fighter pilots covering me.

Anyone know if it is doable to mod it in? :?
Shallow men believe in luck... strong men believe in cause and effect.

Striker304
x3tc

Post by Striker304 » Sun, 3. Apr 11, 21:16

Of course it is possible. It's also quite easy.

1. Get the X3 Editor 2 which is availabe from here: http://x3e2.doubleshadow.wz.cz/

2. Use the Cat-manager included in the X3Editor 2 and open the cat files with it. You need to look for a folder named 'types' and a file named 'TCockpits.pck' in the types-folder.
At first, you should look for it in the activated-mod catalogue (inside the 'mods'-folder), and if you have none or it doesn't contain a TCockpits.pck, then you should try and look for it in the .cat-files in the main X3TC-directory.
There you need to begin your search inside the .cat-file with the highest number, which should be 13.cat in vanilla game. If this catalogue doesn't contain a TCockpits.pck, then look inside the next number (so that would be 12.cat).
Continue your search until you have found a TCockpits.pck, and open this file.

3. When you have opened the TCockpits, you need to look for the entry 'SS_COCKPIT_S_UPDO_M2'. Click on it to show up the list of compatible and available guns. Compatible guns are those guns you can install inside the corresponding turret, and available guns cannot be installed inside that turret.
Double-click a weapon from 'available guns' to add it to the 'compatible guns'-list, so to add it to that turret, and then save the file.

After that, your Python should be ready :)

mfg
Striker

Serinox
x3tc

Post by Serinox » Sun, 3. Apr 11, 22:01

Thank you very much, and especially thank you for putting it in a nice step-by-step guide, that helped immensly. :)
Shallow men believe in luck... strong men believe in cause and effect.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”