Goner Plot: Following Pirate Syndicate back to base

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

pologoalie8908
x3tc

Goner Plot: Following Pirate Syndicate back to base

Post by pologoalie8908 » Fri, 8. Apr 11, 01:13

Can i just leave it alone since its not moving and go do other things? theres no time limit on this section

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Fri, 8. Apr 11, 01:20

I think you're required to follow the ship yourself, much like the covert ops missions offered at stations.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

pologoalie8908
x3tc

Post by pologoalie8908 » Fri, 8. Apr 11, 01:23

i know i need to follow it but i want to build up some cash and buy some things, the objective ship isnt moving at the moment and there is no time limit, so is it safe to leave it be

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Fri, 8. Apr 11, 01:36

Well in covert ops missions flying too far from the target ship results in failure. But since this is a plot mission, if you fail you'll be given another chance.

If your target ship isn't moving then the mission is likely broken. So fly off, fail the mission, and get back to managing your empire. After some time the Goners will contact youn and you can try it again.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Fri, 8. Apr 11, 08:59

The Blastclaw won't move until you get within range of it (10km or so). You can let the ship sit idle and do other things until you're ready to do the mission.

Plus the Blastclaw is indestructible so you don't have to worry about it getting blown up. And you can also end up owning the ship, with its indestructible properties, if you do certain things.

Not sure if the indestructiblity remains upon claiming in 3.0/3.1.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”