2 things [TC]: easy nV mining and IBL/CLS resupply

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

deca.death
x3tc

2 things [TC]: easy nV mining and IBL/CLS resupply

Post by deca.death » Sat, 9. Apr 11, 22:06

issue 1

i have to collect 500 nV for hub, i never learn to mine and i certainly don't plan to do it now ;-)

my short research discovered that usual method would be destroy asteroids, put satellite then order TSes with special software and nvidium in name to collect nvidium OOS. that approach requires few equipped TSes, satellite, hornets or mining lasers and some time

however other guy said something about bringing big ship (like M2), kill asteroids and just run into debris with 25 m/s krushing bigger rocks into small one and collecting rest as quick, effective and minimal investment solution.

any tips on this? it's only 500 nvidium, should be collected in no time, right?

issue2

i'm trying to set up one of my M6 (maybe better putting TS there) to keep one IBL forge resupplied and collect IBLs from it. now i'm not exactly at home with CLS software, any tips would be appriciated. is it possible to do all three forges just with one TS? here is what i tried so far...

cls setup screen 1

cls setup screen 2

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Sat, 9. Apr 11, 22:17

I have as much experience mining nividium as you do. The M2 idea sounds good but you'd have to be careful of ramming into too many rocks or too large a rock and blowing yourself up.

As far as CLS goes, I think it only works on player-owned stations. IBL fabs have fairly slow production cycles, so you could keep them supplied manually. You'd just have to make sure you check if there are any in stock and pick them up before they're grabbed by some NPC trader.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Catra

Post by Catra » Sat, 9. Apr 11, 22:43

What kindof tips are you looking for exactly? What you've described is exactly how one setsup a IS or OOS mining operation. If you're asking which one would be better, it be OOS, as you don't get a whole lot outta a roid.

For the IBLs: i just put stations in there to make the sector self sufficient, then place a ST in there. Does the job well. As for actually collecting them, I do the EQdock trick.

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Sun, 10. Apr 11, 00:07

any tip will do. like does method 2 work and is it really quicker and easier.

putting stations (+ 1 TS / ST) is a way of solving problem. however each ibl forge requires ecells, spacefuel, ore, spaceweed, crystals, so you'll need several stations, and yet if i want loomankstars forge supplied also make that x 2. cost is not real issue here, but in i would get many more factories to take care about, half in hostile/problematic sector.

i would like to avoid management and automate task in fire and forget style. especially if all that could be done with just one or two TSes with tuned CLS software. i suspect it's possible.

but i think my IBL supply problems just solve themselves

[ external image ]

just nicked ray to use it as miner and got 32 freakin IBLs (+12 pulse generators) on board on second hacking core reload. i usually go for 3 reloads, i dislike raping game that way, and i rarely get something useful but this was bullseye.

Catra

Post by Catra » Sun, 10. Apr 11, 00:47

Method 2(which ill assume is the IS ramming) is not quick or easy, as a rock or asteroid gives quite a tiny amount of minerals, and you have to make sure its sufficiently broken up so you don't take a damage spike to the grill and die, this could lead to unecessary rock destruction and considerably slow the process even more.

For the IBLs: they have a 4 1/2 hour production time, a single SPP XL / wheat L / ore mine L can keep em both going(spaceweed is secondary wares, those aren't needed for production).

As for automation: one TS buys, brings it to the EQdock, a seller TS banks it since it can't go nowhere to sell.

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Sun, 10. Apr 11, 02:06

I prefer an M7 to a M2, they're faster so reaching the target rock is quicker and can dock fighters, *cough*Falcon-Hauler*cough*.
A Shrike will hold a couple of thousand Niv.
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”