Tips for restarting terran economy?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Lelouch
x3tc

Tips for restarting terran economy?

Post by Lelouch » Mon, 11. Apr 11, 12:52

Hello fellow terran aficionados

I'd like to collect input on how to restart the terran economy once it has fallen on its face.

a) Do minimum requirements exist? Is it possible that so many stations have been scrapped that there is no hope?

b) What are working strategies? Under which circumstances do they work?

c) How to identify the most pressing deficiencies in your own game?

The goal is to help the terrans build up their economy again. Keep stations from dying or even make GOD setting up new stations again. (Persuading GOD to set up a new Phantom Missile fab would be great.)

Personally I don't care too much which stations are being rebuilt (except the Phantom MF). I want a nice working economy which I can trade with and not giant, empty sectors which feel like some kind of graveyard.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Mon, 11. Apr 11, 13:40

The best method is prevention. Dock a ship in every factory you want to keep from the beginning of the game and you wont lose them.

The next step is support. This means setting up 20+ local traders. That should keep things "ok". And it can bring back factories that have been vanished.

Once you are able to, build Protein Paste/MRE Factories. Once that starts flowing through, factories will start popping back all over the place.

It is the lack of protein paste that causes the damage in the first place.

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Mon, 11. Apr 11, 15:07

Its going to be extremely frustrating in vanilla. Ive heard upwards of 12+ game days in for the Terran economy to rebalanced itself. And thats with player intervention.

One of the myriad of reasons the Terran economy is broken is because of its trader assignments. If you tear open what modders call the jobs file, you will see absurd things like TP's trying to transport minerals. Their traders are also too slow and their cargo bays too tiny to support the huge expanse of Terran sectors.

The Terrans are also missing CarboCake and Protein Paste blending facilities. Without them, the food base grinds to a halt. Orbital Supply docks only provide something like 1/10th of what the economy needs.

Placement is also horrible. Mercury has lots of Solar Plants, but few traders go to them because of their distance relative to other stations. When the economy rebuilds itself, you will see such oddities as PSP plants past the Oort Cloud.

In short, try not to bother yourself too much unless you like a challenge. Or, if you dont mind modding your game, check my sig for minor re-balances.

Lelouch
x3tc

Post by Lelouch » Mon, 11. Apr 11, 15:25

eldyranx3 wrote:In short, try not to bother yourself too much unless you like a challenge.
I like challenges.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Mon, 11. Apr 11, 15:30

Provided you get in there early enough to prevent most of the damage you can easily save the terran economy in a vanilla game. In one vanilla game I've only lost one tech factory from the list of original default ones.
But essentially correct, that reversing the damage once its occured is a nightmare.

Catra

Post by Catra » Mon, 11. Apr 11, 21:29

What you can do also is setup a trade station to buyup the protein paste that's brought to the logistic docks. Thisll operate at a loss, so you need to assign some LTs to it, or have another means of making profit(such as having it sell shields or crystals)

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Mon, 11. Apr 11, 21:47

A trade station is 30M. Not to mention the Commonwealth reputation requirements to get access to one. By the time I get both those things, chances are Ive lost a good chunk of the Terran economy. Maybe its just my opinion, but I would use that 30 million in other ways (LT's, MORTS, Rapiers, etc)

Catra

Post by Catra » Mon, 11. Apr 11, 22:07

eldyranx3 wrote:A trade station is 30M. Not to mention the Commonwealth reputation requirements to get access to one. By the time I get both those things, chances are Ive lost a good chunk of the Terran economy. Maybe its just my opinion, but I would use that 30 million in other ways (LT's, MORTS, Rapiers, etc)
I'm not saying go straight to the trade station, but rather bring a few in once all the LTs are in place.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”