Turret combos and possible use for the FBL?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Venereus

Turret combos and possible use for the FBL?

Post by Venereus » Wed, 13. Apr 11, 00:44

According to Tenlar's weapon guide and common knowledge, the FBL only hits at it's maximum range. I just noticed the CFA has almost the same range, so being both AoE weapons, they might work well if you use both on the same turret. I stumbled upon this idea while looking for ships that can load fun turret combos, like CFA+IonD and PSG+PAC.

The only ships able to do the CFA+FBL combo are the Xenon J and K. The J, being a carrier, is probably not the best choice to be firing short range anti-fighter AoE weapons, as they will hit it's own fighters. The K is what we're looking for then, wich being an M2 is the kind of ship you might take into a swarm of fighters without close support.

I don't own a K, so if somebody with one is up to do some testing, I'd be great. All I need to know is if it's somehow more effective than just using only CFA in the turret. Unlikely, but worth doing at least a field test. At least it might get similar results for less laser energy.

Also, if anyone knows any more fun turret combos, let me know!

Thanks.

Catra

Post by Catra » Wed, 13. Apr 11, 00:55

Fighters should be nowhere near the carrier to begin with.

the features of the FBL(fragments and AE) don't work, and the CFAs fragments don't work.

TryckSh0t
x3ap

Post by TryckSh0t » Wed, 13. Apr 11, 01:08

Catra wrote:Fighters should be nowhere near the carrier to begin with.

the features of the FBL(fragments and AE) don't work, and the CFAs fragments don't work.

That's the kicker right there. Not as much of a problem with the CFA, as it's still pretty darn effective, but the FBL is nigh useless without 'em.
Good hunting, clear fields.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Wed, 13. Apr 11, 04:02

FBL's explode. And they do cause damage to stuff that's there when they explode.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”