2nd Hand M6/TM

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 14. Apr 11, 20:38

There is actually a bit of a pattern to it, but not what you think. It seems the RNG can get stuck on generating a lot of the same mission types at the same time. I've gone into multiple sectors where almost every 'lightbulb' mission was a covert ops, for example. Lot's and lot's of the same mission type. So if you've seen more return ship missions after taking one, that's because the game has created a bunch all at once.

I see this kind of thing all the time. I'm looking for station defense missions but every combat mission in the sectors I'm checking is an assassination, for example. So don't be surprised at seeing all those return ship missions at once. It has nothing to do with you taking one and then the game giving you more. It's just how they're generated when you entered the sector.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Thu, 14. Apr 11, 20:47

Nanook wrote:There is actually a bit of a pattern to it, but not what you think. It seems the RNG can get stuck on generating a lot of the same mission types at the same time. I've gone into multiple sectors where almost every 'lightbulb' mission was a covert ops, for example. Lot's and lot's of the same mission type. So if you've seen more return ship missions after taking one, that's because the game has created a bunch all at once.

I see this kind of thing all the time. I'm looking for station defense missions but every combat mission in the sectors I'm checking is an assassination, for example. So don't be surprised at seeing all those return ship missions at once. It has nothing to do with you taking one and then the game giving you more. It's just how they're generated when you entered the sector.
Even so there is pretty much no point in going looking for a pattern that isn't likely to show all the time. As already mentioned it's random. :lol:

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Thu, 14. Apr 11, 20:50

That'll explain the 2 2nd hand centaurs with similar marines and kit I found in Legend's Home, one at the Argon Yard, one at OTAS...
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 14. Apr 11, 20:50

SIMON POPPLEWELL wrote:
Nanook wrote:There is actually a bit of a pattern to it, but not what you think. It seems the RNG can get stuck on generating a lot of the same mission types at the same time. I've gone into multiple sectors where almost every 'lightbulb' mission was a covert ops, for example. Lot's and lot's of the same mission type. So if you've seen more return ship missions after taking one, that's because the game has created a bunch all at once.

Even so there is pretty much no point in going looking for a pattern that isn't likely to show all the time. As already mentioned it's random. :lol:
Not quite. The point is, if you find one such mission, you're likely to find several more in short order, at least until those missions expire and new ones are generated. Don't go looking for a different pattern, but if you do find one such mission, do go looking for more. :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Thu, 14. Apr 11, 20:54

You known you could go crazy looking.... :sceptic:

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 14. Apr 11, 21:00

Did that happen to someone you, umm.... know? :lol:

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Thu, 14. Apr 11, 21:01

Or start jumping, shipyard to shipyard to shipyard... 8)
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Thu, 14. Apr 11, 21:03

Nanook wrote:Did that happen to someone you, umm.... know? :lol:
Just so you know, I've stopped looking now OK. :roll:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”