CLS2 Problem: Automated IBL buyer not working

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Venereus

CLS2 Problem: Automated IBL buyer not working

Post by Venereus » Fri, 15. Apr 11, 04:04

So I got a complex in Senator's with a CAG feeding the two IBL forges at Weaver's, and a Mammoth docked at the Yaki Shipyard to store the IBLs. But the CLS2 tasked with buying from the forges and delivering to the TL isn't working. I've messed around with the settings but so far nothing works. He's Fowarding Agent so the level isn't the problem.

I'm looking for advice from people who have successfully automated the process. What Waypoints, orders and sequence work? Please describe it step by step. I'm a lot less of a noob by now but I must be missing something.

Thanks

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Fri, 15. Apr 11, 04:27

I think CLS only works on player-owned stations.

The IBL factories have pretty long production cycles. It shouldn't be hard to check on them yourself to make sure you buy up the products.

Another way to get IBL's is to board capital ships. AI destroyers, carriers, and even frigates usually carry some.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Fri, 15. Apr 11, 04:28

I remember setting up a CLS trader that had just two waypoints - both forges with the only order to buy IBL. Two things to check:
1) FOF settings for your trader. Yaki shouldn't be set to enemies and there should be no enemies around.
2) Price. You need to set price for IBL to the highest values if your plan is to buy IBL as soon as it gets produced.
Level doesn't matter - I used this route to actually train them.
EDIT: CLS2 works just fine on non-player stations

wathman00
x4

Post by wathman00 » Fri, 15. Apr 11, 05:21

you can try playing with the supply quantity settings and the number of IBLs to buy at each waypoint. I currently have a Chokaro that goes around to all the various military bases and buys boarding pods for me. I have it set to buy 2 pods from each base at average price since that is what they always sell for. If there is only 1 pod available, the Chokaro doesn't visit the station, it waits till there are 2. If you just want your CLS trader to keep buying them try setting it to buy just 1 IBL at a time.

Venereus

Post by Venereus » Fri, 15. Apr 11, 06:04

wathman00 wrote:you can try playing with the supply quantity settings and the number of IBLs to buy at each waypoint. I currently have a Chokaro that goes around to all the various military bases and buys boarding pods for me. I have it set to buy 2 pods from each base at average price since that is what they always sell for. If there is only 1 pod available, the Chokaro doesn't visit the station, it waits till there are 2. If you just want your CLS trader to keep buying them try setting it to buy just 1 IBL at a time.
I want it to wait until there's 8 at each forge, and then buy them all, for minimum price (wich you can only get once they're full with 8 IBL). I've tried with Buying 8, Buying up to 8 and Buying Maximum Cargo, always at min price; delivering 16, up to 16 and max cargo, and with several levels of min collection and min delivery (100% for both should be it). It's never worked well. Even when he did buy (sometimes it just didn't) it bought only 2 or something like that, despite being a larger stock at the forge. Last time it just flew from full forge to full forge buying nothing. That's when I realized I needed help.

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Fri, 15. Apr 11, 06:31

NPC traders will buy out the IBL's long before the factory has reached maximum stock. If you want a 100% chance to get every IBL you're going to have to buy one every production cycle (e.g. maximum price).
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Catra

Post by Catra » Fri, 15. Apr 11, 06:55

KloHunt3r wrote:NPC traders will buy out the IBL's long before the factory has reached maximum stock. If you want a 100% chance to get every IBL you're going to have to buy one every production cycle (e.g. maximum price).
The player has a 100% chance to purchase the IBLs by default because:

The Yaki are at war with everyone.
There's no place that actually buys em.

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Fri, 15. Apr 11, 06:59

Oh, damn. I'm too used to buying weapons from Commonwealth stations.

Lelouch
x3tc

Post by Lelouch » Fri, 15. Apr 11, 10:34

wathman00 wrote:I currently have a Chokaro that goes around to all the various military bases and buys boarding pods for me.
Why so complicated?

Pick on of the following:
- Your Xenon Hub
- Your equipment dock
- Your trading station

The hub can store up to 40 BPs. Don't know about the others.

Add Boarding Pod as a trading item via Dock Ware Manager (requires Bonus Pack)

Give station some money to spend. (If inclined assign some STs/LTs/UTs to generate income or set up some buying/selling routine.)

Assign a CAG which deals in either all products or limit him to buy BPs.

Set Jump Range to some obscenely high value and set e-Cell refill accordingly. (Double the jump range + safety.)

Watch him collect BPs from all over the universe.

This works with any ware, not just BPs. Military bases are quite static objects, but if dealing in - let's say Typhoon missiles - then they CAG will collect automatically from any known factory. Even the ones that weren't present when you set up the CLS buying routine.

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Fri, 15. Apr 11, 10:35

TL to store ibl's? Lol! You'll need months just to load that single TS. Simplify the procedure, dock TS at forge and order it to load/buy with cls2.

And forget about cheap buy, with ibl be happy to get them at any price.

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Fri, 15. Apr 11, 14:39

@Lelouch: I'm using that technique for the Hub plot, actually, in addition to a crystal plex in Mines of Fortune. CAG makes it really simple to buy wares for the plot.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Lelouch
x3tc

Post by Lelouch » Fri, 15. Apr 11, 14:50

StarSword wrote:@Lelouch: I'm using that technique for the Hub plot, actually, in addition to a crystal plex in Mines of Fortune. CAG makes it really simple to buy wares for the plot.
It even works with TradeMk2 / BestBuy. However you're limited to a maximum of 30 jumps, because you can't configure a higher jump-fuel-reserve (2x 30 = 60)

Venereus

Post by Venereus » Fri, 15. Apr 11, 18:28

deca.death wrote:TL to store ibl's? Lol! You'll need months just to load that single TS. Simplify the procedure, dock TS at forge and order it to load/buy with cls2.

And forget about cheap buy, with ibl be happy to get them at any price.
It's a Mistral, it can't load that many (36), and delivering to the TL means less micromanagement as I don't have to worry about emptying a ship from time to time. I just send for the weapons when needed and don't even think about overflowing. Anyway, following the simplification you don't even need CLS2. "Manual Trade: Buy..." set to the max amount a large TS can carry should do (haven't tried but I think it would work).

Don't get me wrong, it's good advice, but I still want to know why the CLS2 isn't working. It's basically the same procedure used for OOS mining. The only difference is that I'm buying from NPC stations instead of loading from mine, yet it won't work.

Lelouch
x3tc

Post by Lelouch » Fri, 15. Apr 11, 19:35

Venereus wrote:Don't get me wrong, it's good advice, but I still want to know why the CLS2 isn't working. It's basically the same procedure used for OOS mining. The only difference is that I'm buying from NPC stations instead of loading from mine, yet it won't work.
Do the factories actually get full?

I'm feeding the one remaining IBL-Factory in WT and I don't ever see the factory being at full stock. It has all the necessary ressources, but for some strange reason won't have more then 1 or 2 IBLs in stock.

I set up a trading station and if I deduct 2 IBLs from there then they get replenished in no time. But the factory doesn't ever stock 8 IBLs.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Fri, 15. Apr 11, 19:52

I don't think they ever do stock more than a couple. Best to just spend the money to have it buy them at max price.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Fri, 15. Apr 11, 19:57

They do stock more than two as I've setup small plex to support them myself. It just take a long time, about 4 hrs to build one so you are looking at over a game day to fill one. :wink:

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Fri, 15. Apr 11, 20:17

Venereus wrote: It's a Mistral, it can't load that many (36)
36 -is- many considering IBLs. i usually buy barely one IBL each day /gaming session of 2 hrs. meaning more then a RL month to fill up that mistral (not too much of micromanagment there lol). but i understand that you want to master CLS2 usage, i would use few tips myself.

Venereus

Post by Venereus » Fri, 15. Apr 11, 22:57

deca.death wrote:
Venereus wrote: It's a Mistral, it can't load that many (36)
36 -is- many considering IBLs. i usually buy barely one IBL each day /gaming session of 2 hrs. meaning more then a RL month to fill up that mistral (not too much of micromanagment there lol). but i understand that you want to master CLS2 usage, i would use few tips myself.
I forgot to mention my love for capital ships, especially the Panther and the Tiger, so I need lots of IBLs. Also, if I don't buy the IBLs from the forges, the forges get full and then don't need the resources from my complex, so I lose profitssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. And if I didn't have an M5 at each station, I'd risk losing the forges at the hand of GOD.

Anyway, I kept thinking about the simplification and I came up with a good solution (I post it in case someone else uses this thread's info):

I'll Build an Equipment Dock or Trading Station. Homebase to it a trader ship and a ship for storage (TL or TS), then have the trader Best Buy the IBLs, and the storage ship Best Sell them, but with impossible settings like max price and 0 jump range (not that here's anyone buying in this case, but with other wares it's necessary). It's the the old trick for cheap automatic storage. This only requires Trade MK2, so no CLS2 or wages involved :D

BTW, do Best Buy and Best Sell trade with your own stations too? Because then you can also replace CLS1 in some situations.

However, finding out what went wrong with the CLS2 is still important. I don't want to face the same problem whenever I use CLS2 to trade with NPC stations.

Catra

Post by Catra » Fri, 15. Apr 11, 23:40

GoD doesn't target pirate owned stations apparently. =P

Yes, best buy / sell works with your own factories.

Venereus

Post by Venereus » Sat, 16. Apr 11, 00:00

I have a theory. When CLS2 buys from NPC stations, where does the money come from? Is it always from the global account? Because if it's from it's homebase, than that's it. My CLS2 is homebased to my complex, and it autotransfers at 1 million credits, so there's never enough to buy 8 IBLs at once.

I'll try changing that.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”