Reviving the Terran economy with Protein Paste

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

StarSword
x3tc

Reviving the Terran economy with Protein Paste

Post by StarSword » Fri, 15. Apr 11, 20:12

The Terran economy is broken partly due to the lack of protein paste. About how many protein paste factories should I build in Terran space after finishing the Aldrin plot? My first thought is one per sector, but I wanted to bounce the idea of the forum before I tried it.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Fri, 15. Apr 11, 20:18

I just finished the Terran plot so I'm looking into setting up Springblossom LTs to stabilize the Terran economy. They still have a good number of factories in their default positions, so I thought it was a good idea to get started early. I'm worried about the inability to buy Terran stations until the Aldrin plots, but how do the Terrans do with energy? I was thinking about sticking an SPP complex in Heretics End, since energy is one of the few products I can actually manufacture for them at this point.

Also, the GoD in my game is kind of funny. He stuck a whole slot of Cahoona bakeries (they go up to zeta) in Black Hole Sun with absolutely no wheat farms anywhere nearby.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Catra

Post by Catra » Fri, 15. Apr 11, 20:43

KloHunt3r wrote:I just finished the Terran plot so I'm looking into setting up Springblossom LTs to stabilize the Terran economy. They still have a good number of factories in their default positions, so I thought it was a good idea to get started early. I'm worried about the inability to buy Terran stations until the Aldrin plots, but how do the Terrans do with energy? I was thinking about sticking an SPP complex in Heretics End, since energy is one of the few products I can actually manufacture for them at this point.

Also, the GoD in my game is kind of funny. He stuck a whole slot of Cahoona bakeries (they go up to zeta) in Black Hole Sun with absolutely no wheat farms anywhere nearby.
Terrans have a huge over abundance of energy. The logistic docks sell protein paste, so when able I suggest getting ships to bring the protein paste to a trade station / TL and sell it that way.

GoD doesn't determine station placement, they're all preplaced. Some stations have a chance to be there or not.

cj-spartacus
x3ap

Post by cj-spartacus » Fri, 15. Apr 11, 20:44

I have a closed loop protein complex in Asteroid Belt with 4 L factories and 2 linked L factories in neptune. I have Springys doing the delivery boy job and a CLS Caiman SF XL delivering E-cells to the complex in Neptune. I find this keeps everything ticking over.
"Sticking feathers up your butt doesn't make you a chicken." - Tyler Durden

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Fri, 15. Apr 11, 23:05

Hate to break it to you, guys, but you're rambling and you're not really answering the question.

The question was, how many standalone protein paste factories should I build?
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

cj-spartacus
x3ap

Post by cj-spartacus » Fri, 15. Apr 11, 23:19

StarSword wrote:Hate to break it to you, guys, but you're rambling and you're not really answering the question.

The question was, how many standalone protein paste factories should I build?
cj-spartacus wrote:I have a closed loop protein complex in Asteroid Belt with 4 L factories and 2 linked L factories in neptune. I have Springys doing the delivery boy job and a CLS Caiman SF XL delivering E-cells to the complex in Neptune. I find this keeps everything ticking over.
"Sticking feathers up your butt doesn't make you a chicken." - Tyler Durden

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Sat, 16. Apr 11, 00:37

@cj: Sorry 'bout dat. Thanks.

Eisenkalle
x3tc

Post by Eisenkalle » Sat, 16. Apr 11, 01:07

Hey hi,

I had build a small PP-plex (6x L) in Saturn.

The PP-stock was always empty. Saturn is a very good location, since it offers access to cheap energy supply in 2 jumps range (also Saturn itself). Also there are a lot of stations in need of PP around the corner. Combine this with LTs, preferably Chokaros/Springblossoms, at 1-2 sectors range in every Sol sector. This might sound optimistic, but it is a good kickoff for terran economy. Unfortunately you only get access to terran stations really late in the game... I don't like rushing things, so it might be possible to get your hands on them in less than 10 ingame-days. Imho this spoils the fun. Anyway you can at least add another 4-6 L PP stations somewhere in the inner sectors (Mars/Venus).

As already mentioned, the easiest way to stop the disapperance of stations, is to dock a ship at it. Use cheap (non modded) Rapiers early in the game. I did so too and "saved" nearly all outer system stations (esp. tech/weapons/ice/water), from being removed from the AI ("GOD" was it).

I was not able to test Carbo or MREs... so hopefully somebody else can add any experiences about this issue.

Good luck.
I am a Mistral Tycoon!

Poisoned Paranid Start (X3TC): Take a joyride in a Hyperion Vanguard (250.3m/s)! VANILLA Updated 2012-04-02 (new mediafire link)

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Sat, 16. Apr 11, 03:08

Supply and Demand:

Match the Food Supply Factories as these ultimately are your market.

M to M, L to L, just like a complex.
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Sat, 16. Apr 11, 04:37

Catra wrote:Terrans have a huge over abundance of energy. The logistic docks sell protein paste, so when able I suggest getting ships to bring the protein paste to a trade station / TL and sell it that way.
Why not just loose some LTs on Terran space? Or is there an advantage to centralizing food distribution?
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Catra

Post by Catra » Sat, 16. Apr 11, 05:00

KloHunt3r wrote:
Catra wrote:Terrans have a huge over abundance of energy. The logistic docks sell protein paste, so when able I suggest getting ships to bring the protein paste to a trade station / TL and sell it that way.
Why not just loose some LTs on Terran space? Or is there an advantage to centralizing food distribution?
do put LTs into terran space.

LTs won't shift stuff from the logistic dock, so you need to bring it somewhere else to sell it, also the logistic docks "eat" what's brought to them, so its essentially wasted resources.

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Sat, 16. Apr 11, 05:01

Ah, I see. Thanks.

eldyranx3
xr

Re: Reviving the Terran economy with Protein Paste

Post by eldyranx3 » Sat, 16. Apr 11, 05:45

StarSword wrote:My first thought is one per sector, but I wanted to bounce the idea of the forum before I tried it.
It depends on the current state of the Terran economy. Without knowing much more than that, I'm afraid I can only offer vague suggestions.

As you know, Missile and Weapons fabrication factories are considered (S). One (M) sized protein paste will supply two (S) factories. One (L) protein paste will supply five (S) sized factories.

So, if you have three missile plants, a SSC forge, and a PSP forge at +1 jump from Venus, one (L) sized protein paste should meet their demand. HOWEVER, to stimulate the market you would want to introduce AT LEAST a 150% surplus into that local market. With how difficult it is to nudge the Terran economy into growth, you might consider 200% to keep transport inefficiency from spoiling your efforts.

I had 4xL Protein Paste in Venus with a +1 jump radius, and it seemed to keep those local sectors going. Then I had a 2xL with a +1 jump radius in Saturn and Neptune, but ECells were in short supply there.

Again, your mileage will vary depending on what stations are still around.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”