[TC] Savage Spur, Kill the yaki

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

littlel
xr

[TC] Savage Spur, Kill the yaki

Post by littlel » Sat, 16. Apr 11, 20:49

Hey all,

So I choose Savage Spur for one of my complexes for Hub plot. On the wafer bit atm... But the yaki are wearing me down... They keep appearing (5 m3/m4 every 10mins ish in RL without seta) and I am losing little by CAGs/CLS i have. And i am getting annoyed :)

I initially dropped 60 nova vanguards in sector to patrol. But now have about 15 left. They got wore down slowly... So I started by making lots of Laser towers and dropping them in 6 lots groups all over sector and complex..... but they still manage to last long enough to kill a fully trained CAG/CLS !!! which is annoying because they take ages to get fully trained!
I have some heavy centaurs now patrolling also... but although this works i still losing freighters every now and again... is there any way to deal with them... I wanted to take Sentors Badlands and Weavers Tempest (I did infact but had to leave them because of the respawns, I only took them with 180 novas - 3 x M1 full) but lost like 60 in 3 respawns... so gave up with them... is there a good way to take these Yaki sectors and keep them ?

Tia guys!

Little l

NewtSoup
x4

Post by NewtSoup » Sat, 16. Apr 11, 20:55

The short answer is no.

However you could try the Ring of Doom laser tower trick.

That is plant 12 to 24 laser towers around at the south gate in savage spur.

Quite spectacular if you're IS.

The other alternatives are heavy patrols at the south gate to destroy the ships as they come through.

I have a feeling though that sooner or later the Yaki are going to send in something big.
I am a rock in the wind, watch how I plummet!
Gamer Girl since 1981 Mistress of Heavy Landings since 1984 (BBC-B Elite)

Corei7 7700, 16GB Ram, MSI RX6700XT, Sidewinder FFB2, Kubuntu 22.04

littlel
xr

Post by littlel » Sat, 16. Apr 11, 21:07

hey i was thinking about getting the scr for ring of death, but thats not really the problem. They are not coming through gate they are spawning in sector in the middle on the outskirts all over!

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 16. Apr 11, 21:14

You could try improving you rep with them by doing missions.
So far,touch wood(help! why is everything imitation these days ? ),I have never had a real problem with the Yaki,once I befriend them.

T.S.Zatoichi
x3tc

Post by T.S.Zatoichi » Sat, 16. Apr 11, 21:15

There is this thread by Bill Huntington about taking and holding Xenon sectors, you may be able to use something similar to control your Yaki problem.

Edit: I didn't see your post saying they were spawning in sector. I'll leave the link cause it might still be useful.

Have you tried a few M6 set to 'defend position' each with a few M3's set to 'attack enemy of the M6'. These usually work for me, admittedly I use them at gates, but you could place them in a line along the trade route to your complex. IIRC, 'defend position' has a range of 10 klicks, so if you space them at 15 kilometer intervals, that should give you pretty good coverage.
Last edited by T.S.Zatoichi on Sat, 16. Apr 11, 22:48, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm shocked! Shocked to learn that there is gambling going on in here!"
"Your winnings, sir."
"Oh! Thank you very much."

littlel
xr

Post by littlel » Sat, 16. Apr 11, 22:03

Yes thanks I have never used that before so going to give it a try!
Thanks for the thread, will give it a try once I have finished hub then HQ :)

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sat, 16. Apr 11, 23:20

CODEA works perfectly well. Two Panthers with co-operative coverage on the recon and lots of attack fighters are perfectly capable of chewing up anything the Yaki throw at you.

I use Buster Raiders with Mass Drivers, for speed and kill advantage.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

kotorone1
x3tc

Post by kotorone1 » Sat, 16. Apr 11, 23:28

Try three M2s, with several M7s, along with whatever you have, and set them to patrol that sector. This worked for my plex in yaki space. When it comes to OOS patrols, my motto is "the more the merrier"

Rhox
x4

Post by Rhox » Sun, 17. Apr 11, 00:12

I have read Bill's article ybout the Xenon sectors, but I don't want to ressurect such an old thread, so I'll post it here:

In the text it says that when you destroy the shipyard in the Xenon Core Sector, they go nuts, meaning they'll constantly respawn in all sectors. Recently, I have destroyed said shipyard and am now experiencing real Xenon invasions into all spaces. ATM I'm keeping the Xenon from Sector 101 at bay for I have a complex in the sector above Split Fire whose hull is heavily damaged from a posterior attack (about 10% left, and that after having used the Repair Laser).
My question now is: will the Xenon stop sooner or later (e.g. when the shipyard in sector 023 is rebuilt), or will they keep invading in large numbers forevermore?

best regards,

Rhox
"Warnung: Frachtraum ist.....Frachtraum enthält nun: Khaak Zerstörer" -"Cool!"

http://www.seizewell.de - die ultimative deutsche Ressource zur X-Reihe
http://www.x-lexikon.xibo.at -ein deutsches Wiki zur X-Reihe

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sun, 17. Apr 11, 01:45

Nope, forevermore. Sorry. You'll have to pour a few billion credits into the sectors to survive.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Yaki

Post by Bill Huntington » Sun, 17. Apr 11, 02:56

Sorry, littlel, it could take too much to recover this game. So this is for future reference.

The Yaki are actually a resource. They are worth having as a friend. In your present game, you can see that they are a bad enemy, tough and persistant. As a friend, you can buy their excellent ships and their IBLs. You can use their SY for the Yaki trick, stealing ships and have the Yaki remove the police for you with no rep loss to you. And once you have high rep with them, you can cap an Akuma now and then and possibly get 32 IBL at one time. Then just do one mission or two and have your high rep back.

One way back would be accepting missions from those Yaki ships in outside sectors with the red icons, that offer attacks on trade convoys. But I believe you need a little rep to even get those.

Good Luck!
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Rhox
x4

Post by Rhox » Sun, 17. Apr 11, 15:48

Triaxx2 wrote:Nope, forevermore. Sorry. You'll have to pour a few billion credits into the sectors to survive.
Oh, cool, how I look forward to some Xenon bashing :x
Bill Huntington wrote:One way back would be accepting missions from those Yaki ships in outside sectors with the red icons, that offer attacks on trade convoys. But I believe you need a little rep to even get those.
I have battled the Yaki for a long time in "defend station" or "defend sector" missions, right from the start (so I never had a high rep among them). I guess I've had quite a low reputation. Still, I was able to accept those missions.

Rhox
"Warnung: Frachtraum ist.....Frachtraum enthält nun: Khaak Zerstörer" -"Cool!"

http://www.seizewell.de - die ultimative deutsche Ressource zur X-Reihe
http://www.x-lexikon.xibo.at -ein deutsches Wiki zur X-Reihe

littlel
xr

Post by littlel » Sun, 17. Apr 11, 17:21

I will be on the look out for those missions, but i do not think it will help unless i abandon Savage spur, get rep then come back! :)
Fat chance! Will be more careful with yaki next time. I didn't know they were anything but enemies!
Thanks for the help all

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sun, 17. Apr 11, 18:40

You can bring up your rep. Go hunting pirate bases and kill them until one pops in Ocracoke's Storm. Then start killing every single ship that spawns.

That'll slowly push up your Yaki Rep. Eventually they'll stop shooting, but it can take a while.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”