The last time i go after a Mako,BLOODY HELLFIRE

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gosnell
x4

The last time i go after a Mako,BLOODY HELLFIRE

Post by Gosnell » Tue, 19. Apr 11, 21:49

So today i tought i would do a little shoot and loot in haticvahs faith,you know the usual bankrupt assasin start shoot some ships hope they bail,everything was going splendidly i had aquired 10 ships 6 of which were fighters m3,i had found pbgx2 and 2 more hepts,i was blasting everything into next sunday.

Then i saw a lone mako frieght ship,Why not i tought,i engage and it bails but while im doing this a yaki task group sneaks up on me cue frantic fighting which ends up with me on 6% hull and minus a mineral scanner,so i hop out and start repairs,praying the next wave of bounty hunters dont arrive till im done.thankfully at 98% hull they return so i engage them and do my death dance,by the end im 20 km from the mako so i head back over.
As im flying i notice the mako is in the flight path of a paranid task force including i think a hyperion,so foolishly instead of waiting i try to out run them and claim the mako.I close on it and hop out to claim just as the first turret rounds pass me by and start hitting the mako destroying it instantly .I turn around to get back in my maba only,Where is it what the hell.
Thats right folks my Mamba decided to be a hero and engae the enemy,valiant but a tad suicidal,im now left trying to dodge enemy fire in a friggin space suit.Thankfully the Paranid are happy to leave me floating and my mamba smoking in a million plasma charred pieces.

So now im stuck in the middle of a pirate sector awaiting some very pissed off bounty hunters.I request that my Baracuda raider which is heavily damaged unarmed and unshielded rescue me its starting point the argon trading station in the neighbouring sector.I am 50 km from the east gate.

Cue a frantic eva over towards the baracuda lasting 10 mins than an even more frantic scramble for the safety of argon space and docking berths finally making it.
thankfully the pirates didnt show up.
Never going after a mako again
:evil: :evil: :x

wreckzors
x3tc

Post by wreckzors » Tue, 19. Apr 11, 21:59

At least you lived :D, and it sounds like you probably have a decent number or other ships to repair and fly instead. If could be worse.. the Mako could have been your second ship to capture and you would only have the 1 hunk of garbage ship and no equipment to use :P.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 19. Apr 11, 22:02

:lol:
That's just one real bad-luck story.
Never been left in just a space suit like that before.
Although I did once forget I was in one and realized almost too late as I turned and saw my ship fading in the distance. :oops:

A5PECT
x4

Re: The last time i go after a Mako,BLOODY HELLFIRE

Post by A5PECT » Tue, 19. Apr 11, 22:06

GOSNELL wrote:Where is it what the hell.
I started laughing at this point and couldn't stop until I finished reading.

The closest experience I have to this was claiming an abandoned ship (also a Mako) and while checking its freight bay in my space suit I suddenly start seeing PPC rounds fly past me. I turn around and there's a Boron military Ray at 8km. Fortunately I hopped back in my Mamba and flew away with only some shield damage and the Mako was still intact.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Progress-M
x3tc

Post by Progress-M » Tue, 19. Apr 11, 22:39

Ahaha, this is an awesome story! It may have been rather unlucky, but I for one am quite thankful you shared it with us, heh.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: The last time i go after a Mako,BLOODY HELLFIRE

Post by Nanook » Tue, 19. Apr 11, 22:51

GOSNELL wrote:...
Thats right folks my Mamba decided to be a hero and engae the enemy,valiant but a tad suicidal...
:lol: Just taking its cue from it's last pilot, who was just a tad suicidal for trying to claim a ship with a hostile force bearing down. Especially since the Mako probably would've been perfectly safe until they passed, since it didn't yet belong to you. :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Gosnell
x4

Post by Gosnell » Tue, 19. Apr 11, 22:55

Yeah i realised that 2 seconds too late.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 19. Apr 11, 22:58

That's ok. If you'd waited, there wouldn't have been such an exciting story to tell. :D
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Tue, 19. Apr 11, 22:59

This needs to go in my "Weirdest occurrence" thread. Talk about lousy luck!
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 19. Apr 11, 23:08

Somehow, I don't think 'luck' played much of a part in it. Unless it was his good luck in not getting his 'suit blasted by the hostiles. There's that old saying that you make your own luck, both good and bad. :lol:

Progress-M
x3tc

Post by Progress-M » Tue, 19. Apr 11, 23:18

Psh Nanook...fortes fortuna adiuvat ;)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”