Paranid Task Force in Duke's Haven ??

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Paranid Task Force in Duke's Haven ??

Post by Bill Huntington » Wed, 20. Apr 11, 06:21

I like to take build missions in a pirate area, to get a number of stations going in each area. I’ve got them in the PTNI Unknown, and Veil of Delusion right now. When I go there, I can usually get one or two good missions out of it.

So I was cruising Friar’s Retreat and got a Hack Station mission for Duke’s Haven. I took it, of course. I took a few missions there and then come and find a Paranid task force taking down the Duke. There was an Oddy and a Deimos and a number of M3s. They finished off the Duke pretty fast, and then demolished all his ships, like Duke’s Zeus. After they finished, they just hung around. I have to wait a game day or so for Duke’s Haven to come back. It should be blue.

My Question: Is this Paranid task force going to stay permanently, and attack the next Duke’s station, or will it go somewhere else, or just disappear when its time is up? Thanks.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Wed, 20. Apr 11, 06:36

They should wander off, eventually. Although I'm not sure if they only move when scouts report a target, or if they patrol as well.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Thank you.

Post by Bill Huntington » Wed, 20. Apr 11, 07:46

Thank you, Carlo.

I was already there with a Claymore and a load of Phantoms, so I blew up the Oddy just in case they were going to stay. I did the "Tomahawk" trick to avoid rep loss. Duke can handle the rest, if needed.

Thanks again, for the fast answer.

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Wed, 20. Apr 11, 08:08

I've hung out in the Duke's Haven quite a bit in my travels. In fact, I did the same thing as you did. Built up their sector for the Dukes. That task force came in and did a number on the sector, so I hung around and after they were done, the hung around a while, then got bored or something and all of 'em left. So they should just leave eventually, like Carlo said. :)
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

garv222

Post by garv222 » Wed, 20. Apr 11, 10:49

The handful of times I've seen them destroy duke's HQ, they left within an hour. Unfortunately they also appeared again within about 12 game hours to level the place again. Wish there was a way to automate notifications of gate travel to that sector to know when I needed to rush back to defend the HQ.
Duke's Buccaneers... I hate you so much... I am sooo demolishing your HQ when our business is finished....

Lelouch
x3tc

Post by Lelouch » Wed, 20. Apr 11, 11:18

You could park a ship at the HQ and receive a notification if HQ has been destroyed. Ah - and save often to be able to go back in time and avert this hideous crime.

garv222

Post by garv222 » Wed, 20. Apr 11, 11:25

Lelouch wrote:You could park a ship at the HQ and receive a notification if HQ has been destroyed. Ah - and save often to be able to go back in time and avert this hideous crime.
I did exactly that and had the notification of my overtuned hyperion destroyed during a transport mission for Duke's. I usually leave a TP at the HQ for a quick swap for those pesky missions. I loaded right back to the previous save as you can imagine. Duke's HQ isn't worth my precious.
Duke's Buccaneers... I hate you so much... I am sooo demolishing your HQ when our business is finished....

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Wed, 20. Apr 11, 11:28

@Bill Huntington

Unfortunately, unless I missed a patch that fixed the bug, if you already started the Dukes missions, you lost them forever. The Duke HQ representative won't show up when the station respawns.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Thanks!

Post by Bill Huntington » Wed, 20. Apr 11, 19:41

Thanks all! That's a nice piece of advice - park a ship.

I don't really like the Duke. I might do the misssions later, and might not. I don't believe it. Now I've got to defend the Duke from the Paranid empire. But I like to build up a sector, and I've had this sector built up very nicely in previous games. So you can drop in, get one or two good pirate missions, and another on the return. And your pirate rep is okay again.

Thanks again. This forum is excellent, I am learning new things all the time, or seeing things applied in new ways.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”