[TC] Lasertowers

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

littlel
xr

[TC] Lasertowers

Post by littlel » Wed, 20. Apr 11, 23:02

Hey all,

How do you get rid of them ? I have built a few in a place where they seem to keep hitting friendlies and losing me rep.... like every 1hr game time I lose a rank (normally argon).

Does anyone know is friendly fire happens when OOS ? Because when I jump in I can normally hail the ship and apologise and it goes back to normal!

Thanks for the Help!

Little l

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Wed, 20. Apr 11, 23:18

Nope, that laser tower is going to stay mad at you for the rest of its life.

You can try blowing it up yourself then apologizing to the local military. It shouldn't be too big of a rep hit.

Or if you're lucky you can lure a pirate group near the laser tower and hope they destroy it.

P.S. There is no friendly fire OOS.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Wed, 20. Apr 11, 23:24

Check its Friend / Foe settings.
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Wed, 20. Apr 11, 23:25

@Klo: Um, I think you misunderstood the OP. :roll: I'm assuming the problem lasertower is one of littlel's own. In that event, all you need is a ship that can carry 100 units of XL cargo (even a Falcon Hauler will do the trick). Simply fly over the lasertower and pick it up. It'll be put back into your cargo bay, and if you choose to redeploy it, its Identify Friend/Foe settings will have been wiped clean.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Wed, 20. Apr 11, 23:28

That's what I get for not reading the OP.

I just saw "Lasertowers" "losing rep" and "friendly fire" and assumed it was that age-old question.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

littlel
xr

Post by littlel » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 00:08

Thanks guys gonna pick them up now! :-)

Bill Huntington
x3tc

LTs

Post by Bill Huntington » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 02:09

littlel, picking them up should work just fine. And I believe that they will be fine on redeployment.

You can just access the individual LT if there only a few. You can also access the lasertower from the property menu, and review its settings, and reset them as required.

You can also go to Global setting right next to the Encyclopedia, and set global settings for all ships in TC. You can also set it for that sector, though I don't exactly where you do that from. But I have noticed when you have a lot of LTs, it seems that the whole list doesn't get done.

I hope this helps.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

David Howland
x3tc

Do You Want To?

Post by David Howland » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 17:26

Yes if you have LT clouds to reduce the power of Xenon or Dukes Domain, periodically you will have to correct the friend/foe settings but unless you unset the 'enemy to me' setting on most of your defence patrol ships you can have the same problem with rogue ships starting wars. I can assure you that locating a rogue cloud of LTs is far easier than locating a rogue ship.

So I have kept Lt clouds at the gates of Xenon sectors where I have complexes to assist capital ship patrols. After all, doing a couple of missions ocasionally to repair rep. with a race, is far more cost effective than rebuilding a huge complex, thats if asteroids exist to enable this!

So yes you can easily scoop away your LTs but are you sure you want to? They might be a pain but at least they are a pain you are in control of, unlike the Xenon or Pirate threats.

Good luck and may Egosoft go with you, whichever path you may tread!
The BANISHED RETURNS.
HEALTH WARNING! Steam Damages Freedom Of Speech!
Congratulations Egosoft on increasing memory usage from 2 to 3 Gb.
Bin playing X too long when Egosoft refuses to sell you their latest game?
The only steam I want is in my kettle! STEAM=GAME OVER.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”