Xenon Invasion = nightmare

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nponoBegHuk
x4

Xenon Invasion = nightmare

Post by nponoBegHuk » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 03:26

So, I started new game patched to 1.2.1 to get the ships removed in latest patches. Poisoned Paranid start, trying to avoid pirate/yaki killing involving missions to maintain their rep, Xenon Invasion missions are the only ones right now which I am taking.

Did 3 xenon invasions so far, first one was easy: destroyed a pack of 5 ms/ns and got my reward, then I went for my second, marked as hard. Well, I must admit, going for Xenon Invasions without jumpdrive / docking computer / in a derelict ship using it just with the goodies it had upon claiming is BAD idea. I ended up docking in a nearest station, waiting for the shields to regenerate, then undock, try to take one out and then comm the station again asking for docking permit and try to dock before my hull starts taking damage. An average of 5 reloads per ship kill.

It seems that the AI really knows your weaknesses, While chasing one of the xenons down (usually faster then 180m/s Skate Prototype) the targeted one just runs away from the HEPT fire while waiting for their buddies to arrive, and when 5-6 of them are in position they just start frying my ship at the same time with no chance to retreat. After couple of hours of endless reloads and chases I finally managed to complete the mission, here are some screenies:

[ external image ][ external image ]

On my way to Atreus HQ I found another XI mission in Sanctity of Corruption, and decided to give it a go. At the beginning only 5-6 Ps spawned which was great because they give huge amount of money, but then...

[ external image ]

Good thing is, this SPP has still 70% shield left, but I foresee couple more hours of playing hide and seek with the swarm of Xenons.

Any ideas/suggestions of how to deal with them faster? tried escaping on SETA - doesn't work! Maybe I should wait to Teladi military to arrive.
Fast sector selection on the Universe Map | Rock locations for Mobile/OOS mining | Botting for max speed Hyperion | Complete list of ship sources | Capturing smaller ships

My current ship collection:
11 out of 11 *retired* ships found
17 out of 17 *unique* ships found
9 out of 9 *limited* ships found
16 out of 16 *rare* ships found

Catra

Post by Catra » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 03:32

Stay close to the SPP and see if you can get em to ram into it.

zyriel
x4

Post by zyriel » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 03:40

At Overlord fight rank you can get up to 1500 ships to kill
hundreds of capitalships among them

and good luck with that HUB with the old huge demands < i finished it few times but the old patches had too many bugs to really enjoy the game

try to finish the Final Fury as soon as possible or the Khaak will swarm your stations
Last edited by zyriel on Thu, 21. Apr 11, 04:13, edited 1 time in total.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 04:07

Frankly, it's easier in the Split Sectors, but I don't think that'll help you at all.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 04:17

Well, I actually made it to the south gate and got "mission complete" after crossing it. However I also found a exploitable flaw in their AI which I am trying to use to kill them all
Spoiler
Show
they won't attack you if you stand close to the gate so I just standing behind it and have my front turret with a PRG take them one by one - it's impossible to hit them with HEPT anyway
Fast sector selection on the Universe Map | Rock locations for Mobile/OOS mining | Botting for max speed Hyperion | Complete list of ship sources | Capturing smaller ships

Catra

Post by Catra » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 04:34

nponoBegHuk wrote:Well, I actually made it to the south gate and got "mission complete" after crossing it. However I also found a exploitable flaw in their AI which I am trying to use to kill them all
Spoiler
Show
they won't attack you if you stand close to the gate so I just standing behind it and have my front turret with a PRG take them one by one - it's impossible to hit them with HEPT anyway
They do attack if they can get a good angle, plus chances are they have PBE or similar short ranged weaponry, thus disallowing an attack run due to collision logic scaring them off.

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 05:49

Catra wrote:They do attack if they can get a good angle, plus chances are they have PBE or similar short ranged weaponry, thus disallowing an attack run due to collision logic scaring them off.
They don't seem to get any closer than 1km if I hug the gate.

Managed to kill all the ships:
[ external image ]

However I'm still 22 million short with less than 40 hours left, I don't think I'm going to make it :D

zyriel
x4

Post by zyriel » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 06:26

nponoBegHuk wrote:[However I'm still 22 million short with less than 40 hours left, I don't think I'm going to make it :D
poisoned paranid was easy for me with every patch , takes about 8-10 hours to get 25m
my best is 6hours and i heard some ppl made it with 5h

question is what the hell you've been doing for the last 35 hours then ?

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 06:35

zyriel wrote:
nponoBegHuk wrote:[However I'm still 22 million short with less than 40 hours left, I don't think I'm going to make it :D
poisoned paranid was easy for me with every patch , takes about 8-10 hours to get 25m
my best is 6hours and i heard some ppl made it with 5h

question is what the hell you've been doing for the last 35 hours then ?
Explored until Interworlds through southeastern boron sectors, put my TS to mine Nividium there, however found out the hard way that OOS mining doesn't work in such an early patch - the rocks don't respawn. Started to look for alternative money income - missions. Don't want to spoil yaki and pirate rep so only picking Xenon and Kha'ak invasions. Maybe you've got any suggestion on what should I do?

By the way, the gate trick doesn't work with Kha'ak Corvettes - they attack you through the gate. Need to abandon that 4-sector patrol I just picked up

zyriel
x4

Post by zyriel » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 07:13

Bartering can be highly valuable if you are lucky
also capping and selling ships
oh and with that early patch combat missions give nice cash - only do defend station missions if you dont have enough firepower yet
and wasnt boarding capitalships supereasy with old patches
or if you cant get the capitals then try boarding TL maybe ?

care to explain why you need good rep with Yaki ?

tranenturm
x3tc

Post by tranenturm » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 07:37

Get a few STs or UTs going just to build economic rank and then Taxi driver yourself to riches. I currently don't do taxi missions for less than 2 million. An ore or silicon mine also helps build economic ranks and builds infrastructure for the future.

zyriel
x4

Post by zyriel » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 12:01

tranenturm wrote:Get a few STs or UTs going just to build economic rank and then Taxi driver yourself to riches. I currently don't do taxi missions for less than 2 million. An ore or silicon mine also helps build economic ranks and builds infrastructure for the future.
that reminds me that in such old patch the mission rewards were going to insane heights
Claim Ship Mad Reward

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Fri, 22. Apr 11, 02:34

I started doing station defense missions, aiming to recover my pirate rep at some point later. I found out that it's possible to reach 25M within less than 10 station defense missions at certain fighting rank in such an early patch:
Spoiler
Show
All you need is to save game prior to taking the mission, then take it, wait for an M8 to spawn, save again, activate script editor to check his morale, if it's low - reload to get rid of ***modified*** tag, if it's high reload to the point before taking the mission. 9-morale Hadeses, Gladiators and Vipers sell for over 3M each, after using SETA trick for repairs. I already have 6 M8s and 12 million credits which should be enough to complete the storyline quest after selling the ships. I want to keep at least one of each ship, however, might need an extra M8 or two. Most of the time a single M6 and M8 spawn in these missions. I wonder if boarding M6 + capping M8 would be the absolutely fastest way to 25M

vr01
x4

Post by vr01 » Fri, 22. Apr 11, 05:22

In the early version the station build missions paid out astronomical amounts of credits. So a couple of those will easily get you in the clear for PP.

The other fun thing about 1.2 was the combat mission spawns, I remember having to tackle about 150 Yaki (mainly M6) in my Vidar. Somehow I managed to complete the mission successfully but it took a few hours... I remember thinking WOW at the time.

Then the nerf bats came along. Hopefully we will have a chance to get missions like that in X:R.

zyriel
x4

Post by zyriel » Fri, 22. Apr 11, 05:31

vr01 wrote:In the early version the station build missions paid out astronomical amounts of credits. So a couple of those will easily get you in the clear for PP.

The other fun thing about 1.2 was the combat mission spawns, I remember having to tackle about 150 Yaki (mainly M6) in my Vidar. Somehow I managed to complete the mission successfully but it took a few hours... I remember thinking WOW at the time.

Then the nerf bats came along. Hopefully we will have a chance to get missions like that in X:R.
i dont want thousands of sitting ducks to shoot at to make me feel like im good at fighting

i need 3-4 ships that have so good AI that i can barely beat them
that would be real nightmare . but not the old patches brainless tin-cans :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”