X rebirth

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

now that we know what it is, have you:

increased your time playing an X game
27%
playtime stayed the same
55%
playtime decreased
3%
stopped playing due to anticpiation of the imminent arrival of true awesomeness
15%

Total votes: 171

Catra

X rebirth

Post by Catra » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 04:01

After seeing that, its hard booting up TC, vanilla or X-tended.

zyriel
x4

Post by zyriel » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 04:04

same

festa_freak
x3tc

Post by festa_freak » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 04:31

I've taken quite a long hiatus from X3TC. Seeing this really gets me wanting to play again but I have so much else going on now.

I will pull out the joystick soon and have a good ole trek through the stars.

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 05:36

I scripted out the Khaak in X2 and have started the slow grind back to mogul status. I might actually get 10 factories paid for and set up by November 2011 :roll:

SpidaFly
x3tc

Post by SpidaFly » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 06:21

I was about to start my TC empire save back up, but now that TNBT is a for sure, I'm going to spend the next few months going through some other games I've been wanting to beat - because I'm sure that when Rebirth is released I wont do much other than work, eat, sleep and play for many months.
[ external image ]
Luck and profit!

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 06:27

Was 0 before, still is 0 now ;) One announcement won't change the fact that after n years of playing X2, X3, X3-XTM, X3-TC, X3-XTC, (and modding for it), I'm a bit fed up with the X engine & gameplay.

Which also makes me hope that X:R really will be new and not X4.

breytac
x4

Post by breytac » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 08:44

I really wasn't playing any X games anyway due to the fact I'd returned to Eve Online, but I've got the itch to start playing, especially after seeing the trailer for Rebirth. It makes me want to say "Screw Eve Online" and play TC and build up my economic empire again.

Mopy
x3

Post by Mopy » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 08:46

Gotta save for a new machine, which unfortunately means more work, less play. :(
Sig

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 09:22

I personally would like to thank Egosoft for working hard on the TNBT. I will Definitely look for X Rebirth in the future. X3 TC is an amazing game, though I thought it did need improvements. All the Devs, THANK YOU! :D
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Alee Enn
x4

Post by Alee Enn » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 09:36

Even if I can't play it on my current PC when it is released, I'll be buying TWO copies of it, because even if I have to wait 10 years until I can afford a PC that will play it, I know that I will play it so much that by the time I need a new disc, I won't be able to buy one anywhere.

In answer to the OP question & poll, I probably won't play X3TC again now until Rebirth is released and if I am unable to play it on my current PC for a while, I may return to X3TC.
Formerly "Alien Tech Inc."

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 09:43

im one of those people who worrie about the small quality developers, Until i get more details i'm worried that console versions may be attempted. Im sure it will be as indepth and complicated a universe as other x-games but i have seen many good franchises dumbed down for the console (COD) crowd.

Sits staring at the screen patiently with fingers crossed and a worried look on his face lol :o :wink: :D
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

parameter
x3tc

Rebirth not rehash!

Post by parameter » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 09:50

I am all up for it but as X2-Eliah mentioned I am also wary of buying a rehash of previous X. My other problem is that by the time you guys get to play Rebirth, I, and countless other Mac users, will have to wait 2 years before something is re-hashed for us to play, probably called "X: Afterbirth!". :( By then the Wintel fraternity will be on X: Final Solution :)
I will wait for it but do say to Developers, "Please sort out something with VPltd soonest with regards Mac version", secondly, I am male and don't want to play as a female. Male/Female/Neuter gender option on start of game? Feel stupid flying about in female body with male name, not that way inclined thank you! No wonder aliens laugh and kill us! Well, kill me in particular!
:lol:
veneratio supernus omni

Alee Enn
x4

Post by Alee Enn » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 10:26

parameter, I agree with you about the wait for a Mac version ... WHY is there STILL no Linux version of X3TC???????
Formerly "Alien Tech Inc."

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 10:56

I'm still playing TC at about the same time. Considering how long X:R is away from completion and how these things can take longer than they intend them to be. I think I'll be playing TC for some time yet. :wink:

Post by Guest » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 11:04

Mopy wrote:Gotta save for a new machine, which unfortunately means more work, less play. :(
Just don't become a dull boy Dan XD

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 11:13

Ive started playing X-BTF, seeing that Rebirth will be awhile :)
Roguey's Site: X3TC, X3AP, X3FL, X4.

Venereus

Post by Venereus » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 14:46

Increased. Gotta finish the plots before the year is over.

dalin80
x3tc

Post by dalin80 » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 15:07

Have just started a new game to nibble away at until release. Well unless my PC cant play it in which case funds wont allow it for a couple of years yet.
Pilot of the Purple Elephant

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: X rebirth

Post by Nanook » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 19:30

Catra wrote:After seeing that, its hard booting up TC, vanilla or X-tended.
Not for me. It just makes me want to get the most out of TC before it inevitably gets shelved for X-Rebirth. Besides, I can't play X-R right now, so how would I get my X-fix?

So, I vote 'playing the same', only because if I tried to play even more, my wife would not be happy. :roll: :mrgreen:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 19:56

Imminent arrival? Fourth quarter 2011 is a minimum of 5 and a bit months away (assuming the game released October 1st, which I doubt)...I think I'll still be playing X3:TC for a while yet! :wink:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”