[TC] Hyperion... Not Capped?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

NightStryke
x3tc

[TC] Hyperion... Not Capped?

Post by NightStryke » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 09:18

So I'm capping a Hyperion (my first boarding, at that) and my marines get to the core, hack in, yadda yadda, and when I think I've got it the Hyperion turns neutral instead of owned. It has no "Paranid Military" prefix, no pilot, and my marines are on-board, but it's not mine. What the heck?

Edit: Well, after a few reloads they actually took it, but this happened multiple times. What was up with that?

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 10:31

Not done this capping,but when it turns neutral,can't you just "Claim" it?

zyriel
x4

Re: [TC] Hyperion... Not Capped?

Post by zyriel » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 12:19

NightStryke wrote: It has no "Paranid Military" prefix, no pilot, and my marines are on-board, but it's not mine. What the heck?
similar things happened in earlier patches - should not happen in 3.1
what version of TC you playing ?

bravoman
x3ap

Post by bravoman » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 12:40

This exact scenario happened to me. The Hyperion had turned neutral and my marines suddenly "defected" and became part of the neutral Hyperion's defense.

As it started flying around, I was tempted to reload but given how long it took me just to get it the first time, I decided to try something on a whim...

I used my tractor beam on it.

To my surprise, it held. And since all weapons on the ship were already lost in the boarding operation, i kept my tractor beam on and jumped in my TP-filled marines to retake the Hyperion again.

Since it couldn't run away again, the TP was able to launch it's marines quite easily and I took the Hyperion back from the rebellious marines :p

NightStryke
x3tc

Post by NightStryke » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 19:23

TTD wrote:Not done this capping,but when it turns neutral,can't you just "Claim" it?
No, I checked, no "Claim" option. It was technically owned by someone; pilot was listed as "Unknown Object" but comms didn't work and it just sat there.

zyriel wrote:
NightStryke wrote: It has no "Paranid Military" prefix, no pilot, and my marines are on-board, but it's not mine. What the heck?
similar things happened in earlier patches - should not happen in 3.1
what version of TC you playing ?
I'm running 3.1. And no third-party mods, just the bonus pack.

bravoman wrote:Since it couldn't run away again, the TP was able to launch it's marines quite easily and I took the Hyperion back from the rebellious marines :p
Ah, I hadn't considered that. But then, I didn't have any more trained marines available anyway (this was a really haphazard boarding operation which I'm frankly surprised worked, heh).

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 19:45

Should be standard procedure to save before doing a spacewalk boarding imo. :wink:

NightStryke
x3tc

Post by NightStryke » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 20:17

Oh, I did. And I saved a couple more times during the boarding. I eventually got it, but the same thing happened two more times during the reloads so it wasn't just some one-off fluke.

As I said, I did get the Hyperion eventually, so it's not that important anymore, but it was still some kind of bug.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 21:37

I've done hundreds of spacewalk boardings and never had that happen before. Are you running any scripts or mods?

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 21:49

SIMON POPPLEWELL wrote:I've done hundreds of spacewalk boardings and never had that happen before. Are you running any scripts or mods?
he already said above...
I'm running 3.1. And no third-party mods, just the bonus pack.

Flozem
x3tc

Post by Flozem » Fri, 22. Apr 11, 07:07

Well - I'm not surprised since I caught an M6 bailing during a mission recently.

I've also recently seen unknown object pilots, but mostly on mission craft like this Mammoth carrying cartography chips for a mission offered, but not yet accepted in Yaki space. Could this Hyperion perhaps have been a certain mission spawned ship?

NightStryke
x3tc

Post by NightStryke » Fri, 22. Apr 11, 08:00

Flozem wrote:I've also recently seen unknown object pilots, but mostly on mission craft like this Mammoth carrying cartography chips for a mission offered, but not yet accepted in Yaki space. Could this Hyperion perhaps have been a certain mission spawned ship?
Well, perhaps, but I kind of doubt it. I found it patrolling around the southeastern Paranid area and tailed it through a few sectors while preparing before I boarded it in Cardinal's Domain, and it just seemed like a regular military patrol ship. I also hadn't taken any missions in the area recently, nor did it have any cargo on it indicative of some special purpose.

If anyone's interested, I've uploaded the save from just a few seconds before the boarding finishes. https://rapidshare.com/files/458601527/X08.sav

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”