[Script] Advanced Tactical Computer System [v0.2 - Su-29-May-2011]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

[Script] Advanced Tactical Computer System [v0.2 - Su-29-May-2011]

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Fri, 22. Apr 11, 23:20

Hi Peeps,

I thought I would formally create a thread for my ATCS script that I created in support of this thread. In brief, this script provides 3 hotkeys to support real-time shield/hull/laser status reporting for your ship, your current target, or both.

Suggested Mods/Scripts Downloads
Please see my blog over on TXU for the formal release of my mod and mod/script compatability patches.

[ external image ] ZIP @ TXU

Game Resources Used
  • Strings
    • 17:250600-250699
    New Data Files
    • t\2506.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.atcs.key.mod.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.atcs.key.tog.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.atcs.main.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.atcs.news.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.atcs.report.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.atcs.report.ship.xml
      scripts\plugin.rlsg.atcs.report.value.xml
      scripts\setup.plugin.rlsg.atcs.xml
Last edited by Sam L.R. Griffiths on Fri, 12. Apr 13, 15:49, edited 6 times in total.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Fri, 22. Apr 11, 23:21

Known Issues
  1. Displayed information can appear a little cryptic to the un-initiated
  2. Lack of coloured text
  3. Formatting concerns
Last edited by Sam L.R. Griffiths on Sat, 23. Apr 11, 10:02, edited 1 time in total.

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Fri, 22. Apr 11, 23:22

(Reserved #2)

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Fri, 29. Apr 11, 01:56

Possible addition to this script:

Ability to scan targets from further away. It's typically smart to scan an enemy before attacking, so you know what weapons you'll be facing. But with a scan range of only 4km, you're almost always already under fire from the weapons you would have liked to scan, at least against enemy cap ships.

Balance issues, maybe just have the bigger scanner on bigships, leave smallships as they are. As far as ships turning aggressive on being scanned and the risk involved in doing so because of that... I'm not sure how big a deal that really is. Up to you.

Also, if others use this script at it is currently and have the same problems with persistent display (ie, doesn't work) as I do, perhaps that could also be listed as a known issue. I guess for now I'll just assume it's something on my end though. Need more people (of varying script/mod configurations) to try it out.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Fri, 29. Apr 11, 02:10

Unfortunatly, the freight/weapon scan range setting is hard coded to use an entry in global.txt.

Something similar could be implemented as an alternate/upgrade to the freight scanner perhaps. We could make it dependent on one or more wares in addition to the freight scanner being installed (for balance purposes and to avoid having to get into either virtual wares (ala CPLS/PMTS) or custom wares (not keen on that for the time being maybe will consider it when I have editing/merging facilities of Changeling ready)

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Mon, 2. May 11, 03:17

Status Update
Added GoogleDoc mirrors as a temporary measure.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Tue, 24. May 11, 11:42

Status Update
I believe I have identified an issue where ATCS can cease to work if it is enabled when you are in a space suit and transfer back to a ship.

Suggested work-around in the short term is to deactivate ATCS auto-reporting before entering a ship after a space walk.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 29. May 11, 22:42

Status Update
Formal release of v0.2.

Changes include:-
  1. Bug fix for the case where entering a ship from a space suit when ATCS is active would stop it from working (will fix existing games)

phantomrock2
x4

Post by phantomrock2 » Fri, 13. Dec 13, 19:02

COOOOOOOOOOOL!
[" thank you "]

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”