Reviving the Aldrin economy with local traders

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

StarSword
x3tc

Reviving the Aldrin economy with local traders

Post by StarSword » Sat, 23. Apr 11, 19:34

I'm trying to duplicate my previous success with LTs and the Terran economy in Aldrin. Right now I have three LTs trained to level 10 and set loose, and 20 more are on the way. Mostly they're Mistrals, but I've also got an Iguana and Iguana Vanguard.

Is 23 LTs with a three-jump range enough after the Aldrin plot opens further sectors, or should I add more?
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

zyriel
x4

Post by zyriel » Sat, 23. Apr 11, 19:54

thats enough - but the more the merrier :)

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Sat, 23. Apr 11, 21:46

Spoiler
Show
There isn't anything beyond Aldrin 2 to trade withso 1 jump would be sufficient. And that's assuming there's anything other than the OSB in Aldrin 2...
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Sat, 23. Apr 11, 23:47

Aldrin 2 has some stations as well, a SP, mixed food and some techstuff. Stuff that can help boosting the Aldrin economy: commonwealth shieldfabs (1mj-5mj-25mj shields) and commonwealth crystalfabs, creating a higher demand for the resources (aldrin produces far more then it uses, causing the basic stuff to go away over time).

You can also assign the traders with a 2-3 jumprange in TUS1. Combined with the stations placed I mentioned above, the two economies get joined (terrans buy crystals & shields as well) You can add some factories for terran missiles as well in aldrin then to further join the two.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 24. Apr 11, 00:08

If you do the Hub Plot,you can assign a pair of gates to give you a wider ranged link with Commonwealth sectors,if you want to set them to LT5s for example.
But that really should be enough.
I use LT3s in the Commonwealth sectors,and LT5s in Aldrin Sectors with Hub connected.

blackmilan
xr

Post by blackmilan » Sun, 24. Apr 11, 00:31

Aldrin is a very large system. Using Springblossoms instead of (or additional to) the TS class ships might also help to speed up the process of reviving.

From my experience of rebuilding the terran economy I would also suggest a SolarPowerPlant Complex to have a cheap energy supply. But this depends on the situation in your game and on which stations are still there. If the Aldrin Energy Production Bases are still there this might not be necessary.

pH7.0
x4

Post by pH7.0 » Sun, 24. Apr 11, 05:02

I was quite slow to expand and get through the plots my first time around. When I started a new game (Argon Patriot this time I think) one of the things I did every time the terran, OFF or Aldrin plots gave me access to new sectors was send a couple of fighters to land at each station I thought had any use. Missile fabs, shipyards, etc all got a fighter docked at them because the first time around GoD took a bunch of stuff away.

For example, the eEMPC forge in Aldrin. I put a fighter in it as soon as I got to Aldrin and I then kicked off a couple of SpringTraders as sector traders. This combination seems to have kept access to everything, although the Aldrin eEMPC and pMAML/pSSC are the only ones you can't get a station for eventually (except PBG - the pirates really hate me...)
cheers
pH7.0
X3TC 3.1 vanilla.
Fight-trade-flying: Elite on C-64, Privateer, Privateer 2, Freelancer, X2, X3R, X3TC, X4.
Tenlar Scarflame wrote:nasty things that induce swearing and bashing your keyboard like a monkey.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Sun, 24. Apr 11, 16:33

pH7.0 wrote:I was quite slow to expand and get through the plots my first time around. When I started a new game (Argon Patriot this time I think) one of the things I did every time the terran, OFF or Aldrin plots gave me access to new sectors was send a couple of fighters to land at each station I thought had any use. Missile fabs, shipyards, etc all got a fighter docked at them because the first time around GoD took a bunch of stuff away.

For example, the eEMPC forge in Aldrin. I put a fighter in it as soon as I got to Aldrin and I then kicked off a couple of SpringTraders as sector traders. This combination seems to have kept access to everything, although the Aldrin eEMPC and pMAML/pSSC are the only ones you can't get a station for eventually (except PBG - the pirates really hate me...)
This is exactly what you should do. Tho ofc places like shipyards, EQ docks are inviolate. Don't get removed by GoD and if destroyed get respawned.
I put an M5 in pretty much everything else in Terran/Aldrin space. All tech, all food, all SPPs.
And yes, the Springblossom is pretty much made for trading in Aldrin space.

Eisenkalle
x3tc

Post by Eisenkalle » Sun, 24. Apr 11, 17:26

blackmilan wrote:Aldrin is a very large system. Using Springblossoms instead of (or additional to) the TS class ships might also help to speed up the process of reviving.

From my experience of rebuilding the terran economy I would also suggest a SolarPowerPlant Complex to have a cheap energy supply. But this depends on the situation in your game and on which stations are still there. If the Aldrin Energy Production Bases are still there this might not be necessary.
Yep it is really for the better, using the Springblossom.

Aldrin is a really huuuuuge sector. Even though your LTs (better use STs!!!) will use the OOS shortcut through the planetoid, they still need some time to get from one corner to the other. You can save the JD, because there is no advantage using it inside Aldrin (always jumps to the same location, where the beacon has been dropped). You can start your STs (!) instantly in Aldrin. They will level up over time and they do not have to fear any enemies. You can even save the shielding... if you are a cheapskate :-D
Last edited by Eisenkalle on Sun, 24. Apr 11, 18:55, edited 1 time in total.
I am a Mistral Tycoon!

Poisoned Paranid Start (X3TC): Take a joyride in a Hyperion Vanguard (250.3m/s)! VANILLA Updated 2012-04-02 (new mediafire link)

dalin80
x3tc

Post by dalin80 » Sun, 24. Apr 11, 17:34

Yaki chokuros are excellent traders if you still have enough rep to buy them, at 150m/s they are a bit quicker then most freighters have 2500 cargo which is 500 more then a spring blossom if memory serves.

The 200mj shield is also very nice for trading in the normal sectors.

Still any way aldrin is a huge sector and I still have 8 traders in there all making a slow but steady profit.
Pilot of the Purple Elephant

pH7.0
x4

Post by pH7.0 » Mon, 25. Apr 11, 07:07

@Starsword and Starlight_Corp, a bit off topic - what's with the signature/stats graphics? Where do you get those? Are they automatic update or do you manually create a new one when your ranking changes?
cheers
pH7.0
X3TC 3.1 vanilla.
Fight-trade-flying: Elite on C-64, Privateer, Privateer 2, Freelancer, X2, X3R, X3TC, X4.
Tenlar Scarflame wrote:nasty things that induce swearing and bashing your keyboard like a monkey.

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Mon, 25. Apr 11, 07:13

It's a signature template made by Freya Nocturne. Linky

You fill in the information manually; so no, they don't update themselves.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

pH7.0
x4

Post by pH7.0 » Tue, 26. Apr 11, 06:09

Thanks!
cheers
pH7.0
X3TC 3.1 vanilla.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”