Sector Trader Quits After Every Trade (X3: Terran Conflict) - Resolved

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RyanFialcowitz
x3tc

Sector Trader Quits After Every Trade (X3: Terran Conflict) - Resolved

Post by RyanFialcowitz » Mon, 25. Apr 11, 00:04

I recently ordered a ship to start sector trading and every time it completes the buy/sell process it sits there, does nothing and informs me it's finished it's job. I've sent it to sector after sector and it's always the same deal. Any ideas?

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 25. Apr 11, 00:20

The theory is you tell it "start sector trader" and you select the sector.
Try Ore Belt or Empire's Edge.
The latter one usually works well for training.

Once the ship is there it buys a product at a low price and then sells it as a resource at a high price.

However,if the captain cannot see a good deal,he will sit there until he can,usually on "standby".

Sometimes though,when he is a bit new to the task,he will ask for advice.This will happen less frequently as he levels up.

RyanFialcowitz
x3tc

Post by RyanFialcowitz » Mon, 25. Apr 11, 00:42

TTD wrote:The theory is you tell it "start sector trader" and you select the sector.
Try Ore Belt or Empire's Edge.
The latter one usually works well for training.

Once the ship is there it buys a product at a low price and then sells it as a resource at a high price.

However,if the captain cannot see a good deal,he will sit there until he can,usually on "standby".

Sometimes though,when he is a bit new to the task,he will ask for advice.This will happen less frequently as he levels up.
Sector is irrelevant- one complete trade and the Sector Trader just quits. My first though on the matter was similiar to yours, that there were no more profitable trades to be had- but as soon as the Sector Trader quits I can issue a new Sector Trade order for the SAME sector and the ship will complete one more trade before quitting again.

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 25. Apr 11, 00:55

The more trade opportunities there are in a sector,the longer it will be before he stops trading and asks for advice.There are a number of threads here about the best sectors for MK3 trading.

RyanFialcowitz
x3tc

Post by RyanFialcowitz » Mon, 25. Apr 11, 01:00

TTD wrote:The more trade opportunities there are in a sector,the longer it will be before he stops trading and asks for advice.There are a number of threads here about the best sectors for MK3 trading.
And yet you mentioned Ore Belt where I first encountered this BUG. It's not an issue of available trade, if it were the problem would not reoccur in EVERY sector.

I found another thread dealing with this issue and it didn't seem to get resolved:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=293976

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Mon, 25. Apr 11, 01:02

There should be an option to generate a log ( dumped into a .txt file ) from within the Sector Trader options. I believe it's under Configure Reports. I think so anyway, I honestly can't remember if that option exists in a vanilla game.

If you can generate that log and post it, it may help see what is happening.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 25. Apr 11, 01:08

ok...
Just to clarify,is it only one trader that does it,or are all your traders suffering?
What softwares do you have on your trader?
Which ship is it?I am assuming it is a TS,although there are other ships that can trade with MK3.

Is your game Vanilla,ie no mods or scripts running?

if this turns out to be tech problem,you will need to register your game before the tech boffins can help.

RyanFialcowitz
x3tc

Post by RyanFialcowitz » Mon, 25. Apr 11, 01:17

builder680 wrote:There should be an option to generate a log ( dumped into a .txt file ) from within the Sector Trader options. I believe it's under Configure Reports. I think so anyway, I honestly can't remember if that option exists in a vanilla game.

I figured it out, whilst looking for the Sector Trader options (Seriously, where are they?)- it dawned on me to check the message log. Apparently, everytime my Sector Trader quit it gave the reason there- it was too damaged.

I see this as a critical design flaw had the quit notification told me that damage was the issue I could have avoided wasting everyone's time- which I do apologize for and I thank you both for your assistance.

-Ryan Paul Fialcowitz

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Mon, 25. Apr 11, 01:21

I just tried the Sector Trader command to see if I could find the options for it and didn't see them. I must have been thinking since CAG and CLS had it that it does too. Appears I was wrong, sorry.

Glad to see you got it figured out though. :)

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 25. Apr 11, 01:30

Glad you found the problem.
That would probably been my next line of thought,as I sometimes over look keeping my ships well shielded to start.

Most traders will hold at least 2x 25mj shields.
I usually fit at least one before I send it trading.
If I forget,then I end up with your problem.

RyanFialcowitz
x3tc

Post by RyanFialcowitz » Mon, 25. Apr 11, 01:33

TTD wrote:Glad you found the problem.
That would probably been my next line of thought,as I sometimes over look keeping my ships well shielded to start.

Most traders will hold at least 2x 25mj shields.
I usually fit at least one before I send it trading.
If I forget,then I end up with your problem.
So often things like this go unresolved and become reasons not to play a game. Thankfully with both your help such is no the case here.

-Ryan Paul Fialcowitz

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Mon, 25. Apr 11, 05:31

TTD wrote:Glad you found the problem.
Even veterans like us screw up once in a while. Today, after receiving multiple reports of CAGs being attacked in Spaceweed Grove (and at least one loss of a mid-ranked CAG Baldric), I jumped my Panther in and blew away a small fleet of pirate fighters that had gathered there.

As I was cleaning up I checked the report stack. One of the freighters, a Mercury Hauler, had miraculously survived (barely) despite only having a 1MJ shield. It did have a jumpdrive, though, so I sent it to the nearest shipyard for repair, then jumped it to the Hub for shields. (So many ships use 25 MJ shields that I added it to the Hub's wares list, and built a complex for them.)

@ryan: No worries. Sometimes the problem is obvious (like the time I station-bombed myself), and sometimes it's hiding inside a hundred layers of menus and messages.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Fri, 27. May 11, 11:09

StarSword wrote:(like the time I station-bombed myself),
:rofl: Love it.
Allergic to work.

If at first you don't succeed, delegate the job to a minion.

Lelouch
x3tc

Post by Lelouch » Fri, 27. May 11, 16:43

RyanFialcowitz wrote:Apparently, everytime my Sector Trader quit it gave the reason there- it was too damaged.
You may be pleased to hear that at least with CAGs/CLS the issue is handled nicely. They haul themselves to the nearest shipyard and notify you about a necessary repair.

Heemskerk

Post by Heemskerk » Mon, 18. Sep 17, 21:43

RyanFialcowitz wrote:
builder680 wrote:There should be an option to generate a log ( dumped into a .txt file ) from within the Sector Trader options. I believe it's under Configure Reports. I think so anyway, I honestly can't remember if that option exists in a vanilla game.

I figured it out, whilst looking for the Sector Trader options (Seriously, where are they?)- it dawned on me to check the message log. Apparently, everytime my Sector Trader quit it gave the reason there- it was too damaged.

I see this as a critical design flaw had the quit notification told me that damage was the issue I could have avoided wasting everyone's time- which I do apologize for and I thank you both for your assistance.

-Ryan Paul Fialcowitz
Ok, I am having the same problem. Also in Ore belt. Where is the option? I can't find it.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 18. Sep 17, 21:52

This is a 6 year dead thread.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”