Gauss Cannons not disappearing from EQ docks?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

wathman00
x4

Gauss Cannons not disappearing from EQ docks?

Post by wathman00 » Mon, 25. Apr 11, 04:32

I've built my GC forge quite some time ago, and since I'm not building a huge fleet of Shrikes or anything right now, I have quite a bit of surplus. I tried to get my CAGs to sell them and was puzzled as to why they weren't moving stock of them... then I decided to look at all the possible locations where GC's would sell, and I see that each place already has a full stock of GC's, and they weren't disappearing. I suppose I could go buy them, but that would defeat the purpose of trying to sell my own surplus.

Is this a bug of some sort? For the mean time I can always take it to an Argon EQ dock and sell them manually, but I like trying to work within the established game mechanics when possible.

Catra

Post by Catra » Mon, 25. Apr 11, 04:53

Big stuff takes longer to be pulled from the shelves. Which is why mosquitoes are such a terrible weapon to sell when used with the vanilla "sell for best", as the EQdock will eat a few before the ship can make it back to the factory.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 25. Apr 11, 10:10

The time it takes for anything to disappear from an Equipment Dock is pretty much on the same timescale as it takes to build the thing in the first place, and that's a long time for a Gauss Cannon! Therefore they're probably not the best thing to be producing if you want automated selling to work for you.

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Mon, 25. Apr 11, 12:48

You can reduce the prices some, that way NPC traders come & buy it from you.
Got a few GC forges scattered around, and they sell out nicely, without any of my traders assigned to sell it (albeit one GC forge does seem to have problems selling, but I put that to the fact there's no Teladi EQdock near, so no incentive for the NPC's to get it)

Catra

Post by Catra » Mon, 25. Apr 11, 13:02

Starlight_Corporation wrote:You can reduce the prices some, that way NPC traders come & buy it from you.
Got a few GC forges scattered around, and they sell out nicely, without any of my traders assigned to sell it (albeit one GC forge does seem to have problems selling, but I put that to the fact there's no Teladi EQdock near, so no incentive for the NPC's to get it)
Proximity doesn't have much to do with it, other than determining if the ship can live long enough to get to you. =P

Which makes the "infinite market" trick(put a trade station/EQdock in the US next to the xenon sector near getsu fune, then raise the price of the good(s) you want the NPCs to buy from your other stations to max at the trade station*) possible.

*so say you want to sell Ecells, itll look like this:
Ecells at your SPP: 12
Ecells at your Trade station / EQdock: 20
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”