[mini-MOD] XChange Guild Portals 1.0a

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

creidiki
xr

Post by creidiki » Mon, 11. Jul 11, 12:21

No, it would only matter if you tried to install two mods that mess with gates :)
I am not as think as you drunk I am.

Domiel

Post by Domiel » Thu, 15. Sep 11, 15:12

Cant' figure out how to install this.
Only other mods installed are Mars and Bounce.
-Mars repair drones are already selected in my "select mod package" option.

Downloaded 1) Guild Portals XChange, Mini-Mod (first option on French site) and renamed the 2 files to the highest number dat+cat files in my root.
=NO change to portal size.....

Im a beginner at this so can someone tell me what to do
:roll:

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Thu, 15. Sep 11, 15:53

did you change sector as that happen to me till i changed sector and the gates were remade
those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

Domiel

Post by Domiel » Thu, 15. Sep 11, 17:35

Ahh ye I think it works now actually.....hard to tell when the gates look so much alike XD

EDIT:
You dont see anything wrong with the way I installed it then?

Mechanis

Post by Mechanis » Thu, 15. Sep 11, 22:04

all you have to do is fly to Teladi space and camp the gates until a Phoenix flies though. if it barely fits, X-change didn't install. if you could fly thee of 'em through side-by-side, it worked.
A tinker
And maker of models

8igdave

Post by 8igdave » Tue, 18. Oct 11, 00:44

Is this compatible with other modes like the terran revitalization mod?

Cheers.

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Tue, 18. Oct 11, 06:22

it should be as i don't think that the terran revitalization mod changes
the gate models
i think it just tells the game to use a different gate type
those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

Goldenxtrader
x3tc

Post by Goldenxtrader » Sat, 17. Mar 12, 03:18

This is how the gates should be. Great Mod. Had a little trouble with the french site to download and install since i do not speak french but I just used Google translate and all was good. Oh and for anybody that try's this mod out, you will not see the gates change until you fly through one.

Aegyen
x4

Post by Aegyen » Wed, 23. May 12, 21:59

I find this to be an absolutely essential mod... 8)

This frees up the flow of traffic so well, the vanilla gates should actually have been this size all along..

One thing I have found, has to do with the wonderful terran accel gates. In AP, in the albion sectors (I haven't been towards Terra yet, there is a war, you know.. :P ), once you exit the gate (enter the sector) you experience a real slowdown (graphically, and game engine : eg, try speeding up and it takes longer for the input to go in), which disappears once you get so far from the gate, and all is normal again.

What I am wondering, is if there is a zone here (as part of the model) that Egosoft is using, where things like adjusting course for exit, take place. You know what I mean, like when you are on autopilot, and your ship changes course to exit the gate, and puts you above the traffic lane. And, if this zone needs to be adjusted to make it thinner, in scale to it's newly sized model? This way, you are only in that zone for the same amount of time, as you are in vanilla gates.

Could you take a look at that?

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Thu, 24. May 12, 07:46

Aegyen wrote:What I am wondering, is if there is a zone here (as part of the model) that Egosoft is using, where things like adjusting course for exit, take place. You know what I mean, like when you are on autopilot, and your ship changes course to exit the gate, and puts you above the traffic lane. And, if this zone needs to be adjusted to make it thinner, in scale to it's newly sized model? This way, you are only in that zone for the same amount of time, as you are in vanilla gates.
Ships entering and outgoing zone through the gates are defined into the game engine.
This zone may changes, if create new 3D gate ring model (not use vanilla gate model), because game engine somehow to calculate and add this entering and outgoing zone depending of the gate ring 3D model.

Aegyen
x4

Post by Aegyen » Thu, 24. May 12, 15:03

Oh, that kind of sucks, doesn't it?.. :P Well, regardless.. this is a fantastic little mod that improves so many things, I am just going to live with that little detail. :P

Once you get going in a game, you jump far more than use gates, and the terran gates get even less 'personal' usage.

HateDread
x3ap

Post by HateDread » Tue, 9. Jul 13, 05:31

Has anyone gotten this to work with AP? I don't see a change in gate sizes even after changing sectors, and I'm not sure if I suck at installing or if 3.0 broke this.

relias1288

Post by relias1288 » Sat, 19. Jul 14, 12:16

This mod worked for me only after i placed dat/cat in both X3 Albion Prelude/mods, and X3 Albion Prelude/addon/mods, im currently on 3.0 just letting anybody interested in this great mod to know that it actually works for later versions :D

Marien
x3tc

Post by Marien » Fri, 10. Apr 15, 19:57

Hey OPR, where is your mod. It is not at your first topic.... :(
First Elite2 Frontier on Amiga, now X3 on i5-3.4GHz, 8GB DDR3 1600, 1TB Seagate HDD with SSD, Ati HD6870 1GB, Samsung 24" 1920x1080

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 10. Apr 15, 20:28

In the first post OPR wrote:Download and Instructions :
XChange Guild Portals from the XChange Guild forum (in french)
A click redirects you to an external forum post, where you find two download links (1 and 2, blue colored text) in the section 'Téléchargement et Installation'. The first one is for X3TC, the second one is a version which is compatible to the NHTC mod.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Hemmingfish

Post by Hemmingfish » Wed, 11. Apr 18, 06:50

I've mirrored this mod here because the two download links are 404ing now. I only have the rar version - extract and place the "objects" folder into your base X3 Terran Conflict folder.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”