[TC] Mining Base Ship Help

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lord_kruor

[TC] Mining Base Ship Help

Post by lord_kruor » Thu, 28. Apr 11, 09:19

Right. So ive purchased for myself a Terran Mining Base Ship thing. Awesome. And now ive just gone and wasted so much time and effort putting together a little fleet of Cutlass' thinking they could work as the 'hands' of my base (collecting ore, etc) but NO. They cant take ore COllectors or even carry the bloody stuff. So im quite :evil:

But now im thinking that the whole thing is pointless, because i need ships that can actually DOCK with my Mining Base AND collect rocks. I need to be able to Jump around the universe with them in my belly so i dont waste time and effort equipping them with jump drives and energy.

So:

1. What ships can collect Ore AND Dock with a TL/Mining Base.
2. What ships are best suited to this sort of business arrangement.
3. Any tips for this line of work. I usually play X3 running in the background while i do other work, so this sort of extreme passive income generation suits me perfectly, whilst still giving me the feel like im actually doing something (rather than just sitting back watching Stations generate larger numbers -_- )

Cheers in advance.

[also: i am running the trade-ships-can-dock-with-TL's scripts thing, but i dont really like it, and its too cumbersome tbh]

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Thu, 28. Apr 11, 09:31

1) Teladi Falcon Hauler, available at PTNI Headquarters.

2) For mobile mining in general I'd recommend the Paranid Demeter Miner.

3) For extreme profitsss from mobile mining Nividium is considered a better earner, indeed just about anything is a better earner than ore.
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

lord_kruor

Post by lord_kruor » Thu, 28. Apr 11, 09:42

Ah thankyou sir!

I shall explore this. I wanted to just use Terran Ships, since ive put so much effort into getting rep up with them, but i'll make do.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Fri, 29. Apr 11, 03:35

There are plenty of threads about mobile mining, so I'll just touch on a few points:

Look at CLS2 for moving ore between ships (you need to be a certain rank to use the Transfer Device automatically, & it has to be on your CLS ship(s))

Baldric Miners may not come with the essential mining equipment (Ore Collector & SCS) so check for this - I may be having a senior moment here, as this may be a problem with a mod only
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”