Which Mod/Script Should i Download

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 9. May 11, 14:46

:oops: I've always thought Announcements to be quite sticky.
mordtech wrote:i know which one i want, i just can't find it. sure i saw it in the library before as well.... 'crystal-less SPP mod'. does anyone have a link for this, or is it discontinued?
Not "crystal-less" but "crystal free". Going deeper into the [url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216690]TC Download Library[/url], into the text file section, one stumbles on name Lazerath, His other posts then lead to crystal free thread, but the last page of that probably explains your memories. Links are dead though.

However, this might work. Furthermore, there is also "Resource Free Factory" by arcana75 in the Library.

mailleweaver
x3tc

Post by mailleweaver » Sun, 22. May 11, 05:34

Is there a script that will add a hotkey to eject an advanced satellite? I hate going through the menu for this. And I don't want to use something like the MARS "deploy satellites" that I have to wait for. I just want one satellite to be ejected behind me, wherever I happen to be at the moment I press the hotkey.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sun, 22. May 11, 06:40

jlehtone wrote::oops: I've always thought Announcements to be quite sticky.
Making it a stickie would defeat the purpose.
Noone reads those.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Mon, 23. May 11, 14:32

mailleweaver wrote:Is there a script that will add a hotkey to eject an advanced satellite? I hate going through the menu for this. And I don't want to use something like the MARS "deploy satellites" that I have to wait for. I just want one satellite to be ejected behind me, wherever I happen to be at the moment I press the hotkey.
As requested.

Eject Adv Sat Hotkey v1 Zip

MarCon

mailleweaver
x3tc

Post by mailleweaver » Wed, 25. May 11, 05:27

Thanks, MarCon. I considered writing a script similar to that but didn't how to make sure the sat was placed behind the playership without doing trig. Will placing it at the same position as the playership always put it behind, like ejecting, or will it get placed at some random point just outside of the playership collision avoidance zone (leaving the possibility of accidentally scooping it back up when it occasionally gets placed in front of playership)?
It seems strange to me that there's no script command for ejecting cargo; I couldn't find one, anyway.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Wed, 25. May 11, 05:58

It just places it outside the avoidance zone. I tested by flying around a sector with a cargobay full, well 100 anyway, of Adv Sat's and deploying them, not once did i pick one back up. I'm not saying it can't happen, but i think it will be rare. Like you i decided the trig involved to place it behind was unwarranted for the marginal effect of precise placement. I tried to keep the script as 'lite' as possible.

If you think it is warranted a small wait could be put into the script to check if the Adv Sat still exists (not scooped back up) and a warning played if it's not found.

An eject cargo command that placed it behind would have been good, but no such luck I'm afraid.

MarCon

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Wed, 25. May 11, 06:37

mailleweaver wrote:It seems strange to me that there's no script command for ejecting cargo; I couldn't find one, anyway.
There is one in Mission Director, though I do not know if it helps any.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Wed, 25. May 11, 07:18

mailleweaver wrote:Thanks, MarCon. I considered writing a script similar to that but didn't how to make sure the sat was placed behind the playership without doing trig.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 02#2059502

No idea if there's an english thread for it.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

mailleweaver
x3tc

Post by mailleweaver » Wed, 25. May 11, 15:36

mark_a_condren wrote:... not once did i pick one back up. I'm not saying it can't happen, but i think it will be rare.
Maybe the engine is smart enough to place it anywhere but in front. I'll use it for a while and see how it works. If I start running over them, I'll add in the trig.

It's funny how much extra work I end up doing because I'm lazy. I wonder how many sats I could have dropped using the menu in the amount of time I've spent with this.
  • ~1 hour searching for nonexistent command.
    ~20 minutes searching the forum for nonexistent script.
    ~10 minutes with this thread.
That would be a lot of satellites. :wink:

Drewgamer
x4

Post by Drewgamer » Mon, 30. May 11, 06:06

I know it sounds kinda lame, but I was hoping to get some help choosing a few mods/scripts/plugins to help liven the universe up a bit. To help you help me I'll try to give a description of what I'm looking for.

I'm the type of player that wants everyone to like me (or almost everyone) so i dont really want any "dynamic" rep system that makes it impossible to befriend all the major factions.

That being said I could care less about the khaak and xenon and I feel less than favorable towards the pirates and yaki. However! I don't want them wiped out of the galaxy (then who would I take my anger out on?) unless I do it myself, of course :P

I want to see incursions from the "evil" races in different systems but I don't want to see borders change. At the same time I don't want to see the "poor" pirates wiped out from the few sectors they "own" (that happened in my first game and it made things quite boring for me)

I did check the mod index (gasp!) and came across these mods...

Pirate Guild 3
Military base response revamp
Yaki armada 2
Khaak invasions

Will these accomplish what I'm looking for? Are there any other mods out there that i might have missed? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Hektos
Check out my mod Crystal Rarities

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Mon, 30. May 11, 07:54

Simple Use Improved Races/IR Chaos Edition...

Much more involved and they launch attacks against each other :)
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

Drewgamer
x4

Post by Drewgamer » Mon, 30. May 11, 09:25

TrixX wrote:Simple Use Improved Races/IR Chaos Edition...

Much more involved and they launch attacks against each other :)
Are you talking about this mod?

If so, I assume it's "modular"? Would I be able to set Argon, Boron, Paranid, Teladi, Spit, and Terran all as allies so that Pirates, Yaki, Khaak, and Xenon are the only "bad guys"? Also will they invade sectors without actually taking over?

Thanks again for the help!
Hektos

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Mon, 30. May 11, 09:28

Hektos wrote: If so, I assume it's "modular"? Would I be able to set Argon, Boron, Paranid, Teladi, Spit, and Terran all as allies so that Pirates, Yaki, Khaak, and Xenon are the only "bad guys"?
Yes
Hektos wrote: Also will they invade sectors without actually taking over?
No, However in an IR game takeovers don't happen one after another with major speed, and they follow a pattern (they will attack the closest enemy sector)
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Drewgamer
x4

Post by Drewgamer » Mon, 30. May 11, 09:48

I see...I guess my main concern at this point is that the Pirates and Yaki will be wiped out (this happened in my vanilla games quite early sometimes) is this somehing I have to worry about with Improved Races? Should I get Pirate Guild 3 or Yaki Armada 2 to help?

Thanks again for any advice
Hektos

TFO Bloodlust
x4

I would like some suggestions please.

Post by TFO Bloodlust » Wed, 8. Jun 11, 00:40

I want to play x:tc again and I have used many mods/scripts in my time. But often I have trouble getting exactly what I want out of the game. Please give me any suggestion on mods or plugings that might fit what im looking for.

-Major conflicts between races, making holding territory for them or me dangerous.
-Cap ships that seem like titans, better shielding and Hulls
-Perhaps some kind of random map so I can not have every trade route memorised or at least a dynamic map
-Finnally the ability to be a scavenger with a home, watch battles take place; sweep up wares and abandoned ships ( From said epic battles) and bring them home.

As I said I have played with many scripts but when I try to combine the ones I am used to using it causes some errors so if anyone has any suggestions please lay em on me. And Thank you for your help :)

P.S. I am not worried about game load:
CPU: Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2ghz
RAM: 16gb Corsair Dominator DDR3 running @ 2133
GPU: Two ATI Radeon HD 5870s (2gb each) using crossfire
SoundCard: Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Series
PowerSupply: 1200w with four 12v rails
HD: Four Western Digital 2tb sata 6gb/s internal drives

A5PECT
x4

Re: I would like some suggestions please.

Post by A5PECT » Wed, 8. Jun 11, 01:27

-Major conflicts between races, making holding territory for them or me dangerous.
Improved Races - Gives each race a dynamic military that invades, claims, and defends sectors. Lots of options to control how aggressive races are when it comes to invasions.

Improved Races: Chaos Edition - Gives the races even larger militaries to go to war with.

-Cap ships that seem like titans, better shielding and Hulls
Combat Mod 4 - Rebalances all weapons and shields in the game, and comes with optional addons that universally multiply hull ratings to different degrees (low, medium, and high).

I highly recommend also using the Ship Rebalance Mod, as it's designed to work with CMOD4.
-Perhaps some kind of random map so I can not have every trade route memorised or at least a dynamic map
I don't have a lot of experience with mods like this. X-tended gives you an entirely new universe map that starts out small then expands over time. The map itself is static, but the properties therein are dynamic. However X-tended makes changes to pretty much every single aspect of TC. If you take this route it will feel like an entirely different game.
-Finnally the ability to be a scavenger with a home, watch battles take place; sweep up wares and abandoned ships ( From said epic battles) and bring them home.
I use two mods to achieve this:

NPC Bailing Addon - Gives you the ability to customize bail rates, and allows ships to bail during NPC vs. NPC combat (it even allows ships to bail OOS).

Salvage Commands and NPC's - Gives your ships commands that allow you to remotely control salvage operations (claiming ships, stripping captured ones), and places NPC salvagers in the universe for you to compete with.

I use the sector claiming system built-in to Improved Races to get a home sector. For Reunion I remember there being a standalone sector takeover script, but I don't see one in the Terran Conflict mod library.
Last edited by A5PECT on Wed, 8. Jun 11, 05:36, edited 1 time in total.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Wed, 8. Jun 11, 02:30

Two after main campain, minis The TSOG and the ATF campain.

Very well done and fun to play.

(IMHO- a combination of these two is worthy of the main campain.
Like the Terran, Aldrin, Goner and FF camapin.)

Seperately they are excellant within themself.
You think a hero is some weird sandwitch and not a guy attacking a Xeno J with a kestrel.

Sir.. I said .. A guy attacking a J with a kestrel is the sandwitch.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 8. Jun 11, 12:09

Use this topic to ask about what mods you should download use.

*merged*

MFG

Ketraar

TFO Bloodlust
x4

Post by TFO Bloodlust » Wed, 8. Jun 11, 21:51

Thank you for the sugesstions! I will load them up and try them out. :D

ameriveaux

So many Mods- and im so overwhelmed . Any help?

Post by ameriveaux » Sat, 11. Jun 11, 07:20

Hi Guys. I know the new X3 Game is around the corner, but i wanted to try to get into X3-TC anyway. Like morrowind, i see that X3 has alot of mods, and i know they make the game from great to incredible.

My question is ; as a complete newb - is what mods would be good for me to start on? There are so many threads and so many FAQs that i dont even know where to start - paralyzed with information so to speak.

Anyone can spare a few minutes to give me a bit of guidance on what mods i can get that really enhance X3TC?

Thanks again!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”