Which Mod/Script Should i Download

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 18. Aug 14, 18:54

Censor wrote:I'm looking to make the user interface 100% opaque...
That's not possible afaik.
Censor wrote:...or to remove suns from the game.
There is an easy solution, if you are willing to start a new game. Create an empty text file called "TSuns" and place it in your types folder (addon\types for X3AP; simply create one if you don't have it). Afterwards all suns in the whole universe will be gone. However, this will have a negative effect on Solar Power Plants, as the sun intensity influences their cycle time.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Censor
x3ap

Post by Censor » Thu, 21. Aug 14, 02:35

Hahaha, awesome.

Rickjames125
x3tc

Post by Rickjames125 » Thu, 21. Aug 14, 05:20

Are there any mods other than Xtended that allow Player owned shipyards? i Know obviously the PHQ can be used for said purposes but I want to build multiple ships simultaneously and create my fleet that way. Would also be cool if it worked with litcubes universe too. Really just looking for any mod that gives the player the option to control or behave like his/her own faction.

Shasslar
x4

Post by Shasslar » Thu, 21. Aug 14, 08:40

Rickjames125 wrote:Are there any mods other than Xtended that allow Player owned shipyards? i Know obviously the PHQ can be used for said purposes but I want to build multiple ships simultaneously and create my fleet that way. Would also be cool if it worked with litcubes universe too. Really just looking for any mod that gives the player the option to control or behave like his/her own faction.
LU's pHQ has significantly shorter construction and repair times, you still need the blueprints.

XRM has player owned shipyards, with slightly shorter construction time, but reverse engineering is needed and doesn't sync with the HQ (means that if you have an aamon blueprint in the pHQ, you won't get it in the shipyard unless you RE it there too).

Hope that helps.

Rickjames125
x3tc

Post by Rickjames125 » Thu, 28. Aug 14, 04:20

@Shasslar

I Went with XRM which was a great decision, thank you.

Ive found myself in another situation though, I wanted to add a script that removes the need for energy cells to jump and works for the AI as well, However needs to be compatible with XRM and AP, I did a few searches but couldn't find anything.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 28. Aug 14, 07:48

There seem to be a few options out there for Crystal-Free SSPs for vanilla AP (most TC scripts will work in AP as long as files go into the /addon directory).

http://www.google.co.uk/search?safe=off ... iooxUT2A5s

I don't think XRM changes SSPs so it's worth trying them out to see if the game loads and the SSPs are changed afterwards. Since XRM is a little tricky to setup, it is best to try this on a duplicate of the XRM install directory to save a lot of time if it doesn't work.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 28. Aug 14, 20:00

Rickjames125 wrote:I wanted to add a script that removes the need for energy cells to jump and works for the AI as well, However needs to be compatible with XRM and AP, I did a few searches but couldn't find anything.
Did you already have a look at Advanced Jumpdrive by Cycrow and Beacon Jump by Shimrod?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Phyon
x3ap

Post by Phyon » Tue, 2. Sep 14, 04:53

Hello I am looking to try out the game again only ever played for a few hours before but I am going to install the game again this time with xrm. I been watching a youtube video I am unsure if I can link it here but he is playing litcube mod but it shows his map as colored and which faction owns it. Is there anything out there like that I can get for xrm? Something that changed dynamically would be nice to I want to install improved as well so that space can be taken over. Is there some kind of map mod that would do that?

If not I suppose I can go with litcube but it seemed like a much tougher mod for people a bit more experienced I am still pretty new to the game with minimum experience under the belt.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 2. Sep 14, 07:59

XRM and Litcube's Universe are both quite far-ranging mods so not necessarily idea for newer players but they are also both fun.

If definitely trying XRM then you could try the following coloured map but no idea if compatible with XRM (plus I cannot remember whether XRM colours the map already or not).

http://xdownloads.co.uk/index.php/compo ... iverse-map

Edit: Might as well check out the LIFE scripts too as they are entertaining and work with XRM. That is linked in my signature, alongside links to updated Bonus Pack scripts and the bugfix for the Universe Trader's Blacklist Manager.

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Tue, 2. Sep 14, 08:42

I am pretty sure that the mod that Sparky linked won't work with the new sectors in XRM and the mod itself isn't dynamic. If there is any change in ownership for the sectors at any point during the game, the map won't update the colours.

As far as I know any mod which does that (with the exception of LU) usually screws up some features at one place or another as the game was not programmed with the coloured sector names in mind. The first example that I can think of this was it screwing up the search on the X3TC galaxy map. I am not sure if this sort of thing was fixed in AP though.

As for the case of XRM vs LU, for a player starting off either is alright. Even though LU is aimed at the more experienced players, that is mainly very late in the playthrough. Early on, LU is almost identical to vanilla X3 with the exception of weapon balance and performance (LU is far superior in that regard). It is only later on that it starts to become tougher, and by then, you would be more experienced with the game.
The only thing that XRM has that LU doesn't that makes it easier for new players is the plots, which once you have even a tiny amount of experience, they aren't really needed.

Oh and you can post youtube videos if you want and they relate to the topic. If you want to post cat videos, go to the off topic forum :)
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

Phyon
x3ap

Post by Phyon » Tue, 2. Sep 14, 09:24

jack775544 wrote:I am pretty sure that the mod that Sparky linked won't work with the new sectors in XRM and the mod itself isn't dynamic. If there is any change in ownership for the sectors at any point during the game, the map won't update the colours.

As far as I know any mod which does that (with the exception of LU) usually screws up some features at one place or another as the game was not programmed with the coloured sector names in mind. The first example that I can think of this was it screwing up the search on the X3TC galaxy map. I am not sure if this sort of thing was fixed in AP though.

As for the case of XRM vs LU, for a player starting off either is alright. Even though LU is aimed at the more experienced players, that is mainly very late in the playthrough. Early on, LU is almost identical to vanilla X3 with the exception of weapon balance and performance (LU is far superior in that regard). It is only later on that it starts to become tougher, and by then, you would be more experienced with the game.
The only thing that XRM has that LU doesn't that makes it easier for new players is the plots, which once you have even a tiny amount of experience, they aren't really needed.

Oh and you can post youtube videos if you want and they relate to the topic. If you want to post cat videos, go to the off topic forum :)

Thanks for the great info I think I will try litcube after all. I was just going to use a video from youtuber that goes by william ferrell for refrence but you were pretty spot on what I was looking for from the map so thats a bit uneeded.

The second thing though I was concerened about was if I could use improved races I was wanting a fairly active galaxy battling things out. Taking over areas from each other. Even if it works though it seemed like from it's description it might have problems with other things like the ocv and phanon<? interact with the other races was a bit unclear.

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Tue, 2. Sep 14, 12:40

Improved Races isn't recommended to be used with LU (there will be some incompatibilities somewhere), but the OCV and the Phanon corporation make enough trouble, let alone other races having war as well.

As for the 'enemy' races, they are much more active in LU than vanilla, however they won't take over sectors.
Jack08 said he *might* make an Improved Races mod tailored for LU, however if he did, it would be far in the future.

However another feature that is coming to LU very soon that shall add a bit more life into the galaxy is the new mission system, that will grant missions based on universe events.
The ETA for this is 2 or 3 weeks, so it's not a long wait.
If you want to read a bit more about it, look here:
https://code.google.com/p/litcubesunive ... i/EMS_Home

Personally I recommend LU as it is still in very active development and new features are being added on a constant basis, so it is only going to get better (it is very good right now), whilst XRM is pretty much done except for the occasional bugfix. That doesn't mean XRM is bad, it is a very good mod, however it is pretty much near the end of its life.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

Phyon
x3ap

Post by Phyon » Tue, 2. Sep 14, 19:35

Ah that's disappointing about improved races that was the reason I was originally going with XRM since I wanted it and knew it worked together but ah well.

I was reading about the EMS thing that though sounds pretty dang cool so that sounds like it will be pretty fun. I suppose a final question since I am pretty set now on what to do. It litcube does the phanon fight anyone else or is it just there to fight you? Like does it ignore pirates/xenon/ocv? I have been reading the wiki and other then saying phanon is neutral it doesn't go far into it. I am also curious if the ocv and xenon fight.

Maybe it is because I have never gone very far in the game I have 7 hours played of albion prelude from what steam says and that would of been years ago. But it doesn't sound all that fun to be constantly hunted down by a faction that everything else ignores. That is something that has put me off of litcube.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 2. Sep 14, 20:07

The fact you said you wanted to use Imporved was why I tailored my not-worthly-of-thanks reply to XRM despite currently being an avid LU player.

XRM is due for a bugfix update shortly and the LIFE scripts add verious things like reactivity to universe events, NPC bailing, NPC levelling and shock waves from exploding, large ships.

Phyon
x3ap

Post by Phyon » Tue, 2. Sep 14, 21:31

Wow looking into that life mod that sounds pretty awesome. Lol sorry I did kinda gloss over your previous response but honestly your suggestion fits really well into what I was looking for. Even though the plots are a bit minor I like doing them any ways just with more chaos helps me find a path in the game.

*Edited* Bonus question what about not doing xrm? Or litcube. I am thinking now I would just like the Life mod you mentioned as well as improved races. And in that case the map mod you mentioned earlier.

I don't really know the game very well as is but if there are some real basic quality of life mods that would probably be ok to.

*Edit 2* I think I remember why I wanted Xrm it's been years since looking at this stuff... I may be off base but I think with out a mod the Terran faction stops working because the economy is broken and xrm fixed it?

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 2. Sep 14, 23:08

Hi Phyon,

Apology accepted, thank you and you're welcome :)

I'm afraid you'll have to make the pick between combinations of coloured map/XRM/Improved Races etc. That said, a lack of colour isn't so bad after a while since you'll start to associate sector names/locations with races and while you are not sure, you probably know the sector map ("," key) states ownership.

Whatever your final choice, you might find the following list of some quality of life stuff of interest:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 03#4423803

Regards,
Sparks

Phyon
x3ap

Post by Phyon » Wed, 3. Sep 14, 03:53

oh thanks for the help guys crazy as this ends up sounding but I been spending the day playing litcube I ended up messing my install up badly with regular mods and had already done the install before doing all of the for litcube so ended up just going with it. I am having problems with it now well ethier it or I am still new to the game but I am just going to go post my question over in that post now instead of any more here.

AltiarSaint
xr

There has to be an easier way.

Post by AltiarSaint » Fri, 3. Apr 15, 10:24

I have spent many hours scouring the sectors for weapons for my newly bought ships. It takes so long to fit ships that I either get bored of the game or cheat them in. Is there a mod that makes the acquisition of weapons any easier such as a station that sells all types of weapons or maybe one that increases the rate and default stocks of weapons factories?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 3. Apr 15, 11:07

A couple of scripts dealing with equipping ships are listed in the Community Script & Mod Download Library:

Yalamandis Corp. ship construction by Marvelous3175 allows to buy already equipped ships.
Auto Prep Ships by ThisIsHarsh allows equipping and configuring groups of ships quickly and easily.
With BAM (Bad *** Marines) by RoverTX your marines can equip your ships.
Equipment Research and Development by Cycrow makes it possible to research equipment upgrades and make them available in your own equipment docks.
Equip ships by chms helps with equipping ships "almost automatically" too.
POED by Trickmov allows your own equipment docks to sell equipment to you.

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Fri, 10. Apr 15, 18:53

another option is to create a self sustaining complex with all the resources and equipment to equip your ships (done right, it also turns a tidy profit)

-though, I'd put it in some empty sector off the beaten path to keep the frame rate issue under control.

start with a high yield silicon mine, add a solar array (or 3), and a crystal fab, then the resources for the crystal fab, followed by the resources and then the factories for the desired components. done right, it will be self sustaining and will not want for resources to build (limiting factor is usually the energy cells almost every factory needs, hence multiple solar arrays)

Edit:

I have found 4 base resource (cattle ranch) to 3 bactories (cahoona bakery) to 2 equipment factories (shields or guns or missiles) backed by 3 xl solar arrays seem to work for me.

Edit Edit:

For defense, Gazz's Ring of Fire mod for lasertowers could help keep your station alive until reinforcements arrive,

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=

Or station assets in system to defend
Last edited by SirDeathwalker on Sun, 12. Apr 15, 20:56, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”