Which Mod/Script Should i Download

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 26. May 13, 21:39

wavion wrote:playing a trader, trying to build a fleet of CAGs, I find the $2 mil jumpdrive to be highly prohibitive to my style of gameplay. So how would I go about changing the price for this? ...

I tried the approach DrBullwinkle suggested for changing the price of the SCS...
SCS uses a custom ware defined in the .spk, so that advice will not help you with built-in wares.

JoelR's post is the right approach. You will want to change RelVal. Note that prices in-game are 28 times the RelVal.

If I were trying to do what you are doing -- play a trader in XRM -- then I think that I would approach the problem differently. There is value in the way that XRM handles traders and jumpdrives, so I might leave that part alone. Instead, I would modify the Humble Trader start to give you a jumpdrive for your TS. (Possibly *two* jumpdrive-equipped TS's.) That should give you enough resources to get started; and you would have to earn any future jumpdrives by playing the game.
  • (I might also wonder *why* one might try to start as a trader in XRM??

In XRM, you are going to have to fight sooner or later. Probably sooner. ;) )

wavion
x3tc

Post by wavion » Sun, 26. May 13, 23:37

DrBullwinkle wrote:JoelR's post is the right approach. You will want to change RelVal. Note that prices in-game are 28 times the RelVal.
Yep. Got it working with that approach. I dropped it to $1 million (in-game). Still one of the more expensive wares, but more manageable now. I kept the XL requirement, so fighters can't use it.
  • (I might also wonder *why* one might try to start as a trader in XRM??

In XRM, you are going to have to fight sooner or later. Probably sooner. ;) )
Heh. I build a trade empire, amass a ton of wealth, then use said wealth to buy the best ships and weapons/shields before I start fighting. It's risk management. I like to live.

Nyito
x4

Post by Nyito » Sun, 14. Jul 13, 13:49

Well, this thread looks pretty dead... but the sticky index still says to post here for this sort of thing, so... following the sticky.

Starting a new AP game, after trying out the base game, moving up from TC, and just looking to mod out the things I don't like, but didn't see anything that would, by it's title and description, do what I want for the following:

Tone down or eliminate Rapid Response Fleets. Ideally I'd just like them to be less... huge. Fewer bombers and M7Ms, in particular. Something that allows for quick in and out strikes to still be possible, without having a wall of nukes headed my way if I try to pillage a sector of a couple TLs. If the only option is to get rid of RRFs entirely, I'd also like to generally up sector defense patrols; perhaps do that anyways.

Similarly, I'd like to restrict the war sectors to Heretic's End and Circle of Labor. I dislike the whole war thing in general, but my biggest issue with it is always traders getting sniped in Omicron Lyrae, and that it cuts off the Asteroid Belt as a potential building sector, which is where, in TC, I would build my Terran economy supporting complex.

I'd like the Kha'ak back; or at least the Kha'ak sectors, if I really want to pick a fight with them. I liked the idea of them just point jumping into sectors at random and throwing a temper tantrum, though. Added a nice bit of terror to the universe. Ideally I'd like them doing that more often than they did in TC, even, if that's an option.

I'd also like the Split sectors west of Zyarth's Dominion back as well; but this one isn't a big thing, and I really don't know how complex adding these sectors back in would be.

I think that about sums it all up. Any help pointing me in the right direction; or at least knowing what I want doesn't exist, would be much appreciated!

Eldgrim
x3ap

Post by Eldgrim » Sat, 31. Aug 13, 00:47

Hello!

I am ready to start playing X3:AP, read the manuals and watched some videos...

But i know some mods are must-have like one that improves ship docking which seem like a critical mod to own.

Can you suggest some Basic mods please?

Thanks!

_Calavera_

Post by _Calavera_ » Sat, 31. Aug 13, 13:06

Greetings everyone

Just started playing Albion Prelude a few days ago, got my 30mil and some stations, but i'd noticed what i really like is collecting ships (odd right?).
What would be the best mods i can download to get the most ships?
hopefully Babylon 5 and Galactica ships also (ummm Whitestar.....)
Thanks a lot for your help.

ahddib
x4

Time to go modified on AP

Post by ahddib » Fri, 6. Sep 13, 05:15

What are some MUST HAVE scripts that I've missed out on?

What are your fav scripts and why?
Game Player, Designer, Fanatic

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 6. Sep 13, 09:29

We already have a topic for script and mod suggestions, where I just moved your topic to. Please note that most scripts for TC will also work with AP, when properly installed to the "X3 Terran Conflict\addon" directory.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Schultski

Post by Schultski » Fri, 6. Sep 13, 20:59

Nyito wrote:Well, this thread looks pretty dead... but the sticky index still says to post here for this sort of thing, so... following the sticky.

Starting a new AP game, after trying out the base game, moving up from TC, and just looking to mod out the things I don't like, but didn't see anything that would, by it's title and description, do what I want for the following:

Tone down or eliminate Rapid Response Fleets. Ideally I'd just like them to be less... huge. Fewer bombers and M7Ms, in particular. Something that allows for quick in and out strikes to still be possible, without having a wall of nukes headed my way if I try to pillage a sector of a couple TLs. If the only option is to get rid of RRFs entirely, I'd also like to generally up sector defense patrols; perhaps do that anyways.

Similarly, I'd like to restrict the war sectors to Heretic's End and Circle of Labor. I dislike the whole war thing in general, but my biggest issue with it is always traders getting sniped in Omicron Lyrae, and that it cuts off the Asteroid Belt as a potential building sector, which is where, in TC, I would build my Terran economy supporting complex.

I'd like the Kha'ak back; or at least the Kha'ak sectors, if I really want to pick a fight with them. I liked the idea of them just point jumping into sectors at random and throwing a temper tantrum, though. Added a nice bit of terror to the universe. Ideally I'd like them doing that more often than they did in TC, even, if that's an option.

I'd also like the Split sectors west of Zyarth's Dominion back as well; but this one isn't a big thing, and I really don't know how complex adding these sectors back in would be.

I think that about sums it all up. Any help pointing me in the right direction; or at least knowing what I want doesn't exist, would be much appreciated!
For the second part of your questions, try the X3-AP's bonus package, and have yourself both some Commodity Plugin. With these legally-registered scripts by Egosoft, you can set which sectors that your traders will traverse, hence give you the ability to 'black list' sectors that are currently 'at war' with each other [as it would to my game, 'black listing' all Xenon sectors].

For the third part of your questions, the Kha'ak are already beaten in the last the X-universe, but not entirely beaten in the universe itself, this is due to the certain plotline in X3-TC. However, I also like the idea of the Kha'ak are still out there and harrasing people, though not much responsive in strength anymore. If you like the idea, refer to the Scripts and Modding Community stickies, and have yourself a Kha'ak Invasion scripts. It will help you get the most of your war against Kha'ak in AP style.

For the fourth part of your questions, these sectors are 'lost', presumably destroyed, in conjunction with the gate network breakage that sums up the X-Rebirth game lines. A.F.A.I.K, I don't have any alternative of bringing these sectors back in X3-AP, but you will get some new sectors to play with. These sectors are the old 'unknown sectors' previously known in X3-TC, and they will have their own names to it, instead of being 'Unknown Sector'. In my gameplay, I like the sector 'Veil of Delussion', as it connects with only 1 gate away from main trade ways past the Boron, and it will have all 4 races trading connections, hence the Boron, Split, Teladi, Paranid, and a little further to the north, you will have the Argon for you.

_Calavera_ wrote:Greetings everyone

Just started playing Albion Prelude a few days ago, got my 30mil and some stations, but i'd noticed what i really like is collecting ships (odd right?).
What would be the best mods i can download to get the most ships?
hopefully Babylon 5 and Galactica ships also (ummm Whitestar.....)
Thanks a lot for your help.
There are a whole lot of MODs to begin with, but instead of having yourself a MOD, you could [in my case, anyway...] build your own MODs that could brought down many 'external' ships.

Try this:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=274276

and this:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0

Both links offer as many people would find their favourite ships as possible. And in your case, both links offer ships from both Galactica and Babylon 5.

Use the Cycrow's Plugin Manager to install those ships into your game, and don't forget to download and install X3 Editor 2 as well, in case you would like to merge them into your own MOD.

ahddib wrote:What are some MUST HAVE scripts that I've missed out on?

What are your fav scripts and why?
Well, it depends on what your styles are based on...
And what scripts that you have already installed...

In case of MODs, you could try 'X3 Rebalancing MOD', as it brought the perfect way of playing space sim, particularly X3-series, nearly as close as real facts are based on X-universe.

Other than that particular MOD, I really can't help much. But I recommend [as everyone out here have recommended me themselves...] of using MARS, Complex Cleaner, Player-ship Eject Mechanism, Multi-Missile Launcher, and so on...

Sincerely,
Schultski Rheindland
[=] Matsu-Taka [=]
Matsuhiko Takagawa / Schultski Rheindland

Know how to best the X-Universe by one shot?
Push the little 'REBOOT' button on your PC, that should do it...
Try it... it works for me... believe it... it works...

Ihyde
x3ap

Post by Ihyde » Fri, 27. Sep 13, 08:16

I am kinda surprised that no one has posted mod packs like their favorite mods or ones that improved the game without drastically changing it and what not

in my case i kinda feel lost when it comes to all the mods in the list >_<

:edit and now that i have some nice scripts installed hopefully i can find some graphical enhancements on here somewhere

khadgarion
x3ap

Post by khadgarion » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 02:57

I'm looking for something thats like a ledger for my player bank account.

I have seen one that checks what your traders are doing, but I would like to see one that is essentially a bank statement that shows any transaction that hits the personal bank account.

Anything like this around?

Some of the previous posts were asking about favorite mods, so I will list what I am using:

FCC - great for building large complexes, helps you place stations
MarCon: All kinds of handy features
Marine Repairs: marines repair ships they are on including ones docked (at a carrier, TM, TL, etc)
NPC Bailing addon:makes pilots bail in npc v npc fights, great for lots of salvage
Salvage command suite: great for helping salvage the ships -^
unversal best buy / best sell: helps find things to buy wherever you have property (ship, satellite, etc)

Lea Flamma
x3tc

Post by Lea Flamma » Sun, 19. Jan 14, 14:41

Hi there,
I am looking to do some minor tweaks in my Vanilla TC experience. All I have installed so far is the bonus package and a no-tube mod for Complex Hubs.

What I am looking for is a package of ships I could use. I do not want to make a specific race over or underpowered. I also do not want them to be player only. I looke through X-Tra Ships/Stations, but it does not have an up to date Jobs file. There are X-Tended or X-Rebalance, but they change too much to my liking.

Anyone can propose something I could use?
Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom.

Igor.tverd
x3ap

Post by Igor.tverd » Mon, 20. Jan 14, 03:02

Have you tried XRM? I know you said that it changes too much, but in reality it makes the game much more polished without screwing up balance.
Fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science fiction is the improbable made possible.

Shodan_

Post by Shodan_ » Mon, 20. Jan 14, 03:20

Hi,

I'm looking for a mod that allows me to sell/scrap/auction/whatever-you-want-to-call-it a station. Sure, you can make them self-destruct but why would I do that? It's perfectly functional, I just don't need it anymore. There should be *somebody* that is eager to purchase that heap of metal, right?

I've searched the forums for the past hour but terms like sell station yield way too many results.

Can somebody recommend a script? I'm using XRM:AP.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 20. Jan 14, 13:45

Lea Flamma wrote:I am looking for a package of ships I could use. I do not want to make a specific race over or underpowered. I also do not want them to be player only.
Ships are easy; Jobs are not. Search the library sticky (press ctrl-F in your browser) for "ship" -- you will find quite a few. To get ships that will be used by Jobs requires a larger mod such as the Battlestar Galactica mod, XRM, XTC, etc.

I agree with you about sticking to a vanilla-ish balance. Everyone has different tastes, but I find the vanilla-ish balance superior.

Shodan_ wrote:I'm looking for a mod that allows me to sell/scrap/auction/whatever-you-want-to-call-it a station.
Great idea. You probably would not get a lot of credits for a second-hand station (because they are cheap to begin with). It would be mostly a role-play thing. I cannot recall anything like that for TC/AP.

Lea Flamma
x3tc

Post by Lea Flamma » Mon, 20. Jan 14, 13:49

Igor.tverd wrote:Have you tried XRM? I know you said that it changes too much, but in reality it makes the game much more polished without screwing up balance.
If I use the Plugin Manager will it allow me to try the XRM and keep the Vanilla version as well? I might give it a try, but do not want to lose my progress so far, if I decide to come back.
Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 20. Jan 14, 14:03

Lea Flamma wrote:If I use the Plugin Manager will it allow me to try the XRM and keep the Vanilla version as well? I might give it a try, but do not want to lose my progress so far, if I decide to come back.
XRM requires a separate installation. You can copy your game folder to another location, install XRM there, and use the no-Steam .exe. Keep copies of your saved games in another folder as well, because your saved games must match the installation.

XRM is not packaged for installation with the Plugin Manager. The installation instructions are for a manual installation. You *can* use the Plugin Manager but you will have to change the names of the .cat/.dat files in the archives before installing with the PM. Change the names of the .cat/.dat files to a two-digit number (any number -- the PM will "fix" the numbers). Then install with the PM.

I know that you are new to modding, Lea; are you also new to the game? XRM *does* change the balance substantially, so I do not recommend it to anyone who has not already mastered the vanilla game. While XRM has some terrific features, it also nerfs combat skill and spoils some of the best boarding equipment (ISR's, Sirokos, and Acinonyx), which is a shame because it has (very good) stronger enemies. Some love it; others do not. Personally, I am in the "I *want* to love it (but would have to fix it)" category. ;)

Lea Flamma
x3tc

Post by Lea Flamma » Mon, 20. Jan 14, 18:45

I am not new to the game. But I can't tell that I am a veteran of it either. THat's why I do not want to change a lot.

How would a mod switch work? I will have to look into it.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 21. Jan 14, 02:31

Lea Flamma wrote:How would a mod switch work? I will have to look into it.
There is no magic to it. Just do what I suggested above; it is standard windows file and folder copying.

IMPORTANT: Remember to also copy your saved games to a separate folder, because the saved games must match the scripts and mods in the game folder. Saved games are in the Documents\EgoSoft tree.

Tip: I use two Windows Explorer (a.k.a. "File Explorer") windows when copying stuff. It makes drag and drop operations more obvious. I position the "source" window upper-left and the "target" window lower-right so that I can see the important parts of both windows.

Tip 2: If you right-drag (rather than normal left-drag), then you will get a context menu when you release the mouse button. That makes it easier to Copy, Move, or Create Shortcuts.
  • (You can also Ctrl-drag, Shift-drag, or Alt-drag to do the same things, but right-dragging is easier to remember.)

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Tue, 21. Jan 14, 03:08

Lea Flamma wrote:What I am looking for is a package of ships I could use. I do not want to make a specific race over or underpowered. I also do not want them to be player only. I looke through X-Tra Ships/Stations, but it does not have an up to date Jobs file. There are X-Tended or X-Rebalance, but they change too much to my liking.

Anyone can propose something I could use?
The advice others have given is solid, but I think you should probably reconsider XRM. My advice would be to install XRM and not look back. Unless:

1. You plan on playing the game in your favorite M3 with plasma burst generators from start to finish. M6's outperform M3s in every way in XRM and a few of them are even faster than the fastest M3s. Oh and PBGs get the nerfbat.

2. Your favorite ship in X3TC was an M7M and you capped everything with it. Capping in an M7M in XRM requires skill, guts, and luck, but contrary to rumors it is possible and there are strategies that only work with an M7M in XRM. Oh and ghouls/flails aren't swarm missiles in XRM which means you'll have to use your tailgun to keep the victims shields down ;)

If these changes don't scare you then XRM will only make things better.

Also, regarding save games, there is a save game tool I recommend:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=2917206

Great for archiving your save games for later in case you decide a certain mod isn't your style. Don't forget make note of which mods your campaign is using.

Lea Flamma
x3tc

Post by Lea Flamma » Tue, 21. Jan 14, 18:43

What I meant is an extansion to command line.
-mod:[folder] Also known as the Mod:Switch, this is one of a modders best friends. This is used to tell the game to look in the folder specified and use the game files in there rather than those in its original folders. This allows you to play a modified version of the game without altering the original game files, so that the vanilla game is still playable as well.
from: http://rtw.heavengames.com/rtw/mods/tut ... ndex.shtml

That's what I used to play a modded version of Rome Total War. It allwoed me to keep the original version intact. I just needed a second shortcut with the command added. It loaded additional files from the specified folder.

Would that work?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”