Spoilers.. Follow on plot after Goner plot, Freedoms Reach.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TheGoldElite
x4

Spoilers.. Follow on plot after Goner plot, Freedoms Reach.

Post by TheGoldElite » Fri, 29. Apr 11, 01:54

So I got a message explaining that since I was given a special jumpdrive, I need to save some people from the xenon. I'm supposed to do a special jump in, get everyone out the Station and get back out. After a few in game hours I got round to buying my first TM (Boa) to give it a try. I kitted it out with everything I liked and put my Nova raider and two discos in as well. I jump to the sector just north of Freedoms reach, as I havent actually visitted it yet. then I save and enter the gate. theres 10 Xenon M3s, and more and more start jumping in and actually hitting my ship. So I reload and jump into sector with the jumpdrive. Same happens again. So I go to the menu and try unfocussed jump, which as I understand sends you to some weird Nothingness land, as I tried it once before. It sent me nowhere as usual. So I enter the sector, and quickly do the unfoccused jump. Same happens again! What the hell am I supposed to do??

TheGoldElite
x4

Post by TheGoldElite » Fri, 29. Apr 11, 01:55

I mean the Mission Objective is jump to Freedoms Reach, but when I get there it just stays the same and is very unhelpful.

andrewas
x3tc

Post by andrewas » Fri, 29. Apr 11, 02:06

Keep hitting the UFJD until you get where you need to go. It usually takes three or four jumps.

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Fri, 29. Apr 11, 02:15

Spike's A New Home Plot Walkthrough has some very useful information that may help when you run into roadblocks such as this. This specific detail is covered there, for example. His walkthroughs are all heavily spoilered, so you only have to read the information that you want to know.

Good luck. :)

KongRudi
x3tc

Post by KongRudi » Fri, 29. Apr 11, 06:39

I did this in my new game the other day.
Hadn't discovered the sector either.
Done it a few times before, It's a pretty hard mission, due to various factors..

Just jump to south gate in Denna's chance with your Boa (Make sure that you have a fighter docked), and SAVE.

Then fly into Freedom's Reach gate regulary.

You'll see the CPU ship there, and it will spawn fighters like crazy all over the sector, so you need to hit Unfocused Jumpdrive immediatly, and hope the shields hold out long enough for you to enter the spawned sector.

I usually fly about 50-60 km south in the spawned unknown sector.. Because one time when I returned to regular space, doing this mission, I returned right outside the station.

However the other day, and a few other times, I returned back in the Freedoms Chance right outside the gate, but fighters had stopped spawning, and where down with the Trade stations.

I got informed that I had to protect the station, so I just flew down way outside the range of the CPU-ship, and towards the trade-station, don't worry about it, it's iundestructable.

When I were about 30-20 km away, I changed to my fighter, and killed 3-4 fighters attacking it.

After that I where informed that this where hopeless, I docked my fighter to my Boa, and flew to the trade-station.

The 97 people awaiting evacuation will enter your ship.
(if you don't have room for them, due to all the energy-cells for your jumpdrive, you can load the auto-save when docking and sell all your energy-cells really quickly with Home-key, before they load people into your Boa, then buy them back afterwards).

Afterwards, jump out to your destination sector (Elena's Fortune, I think), on your way to the Military Base in you'll get a message.

If you dock before you get the message, you might not get the mission to continue, after docking.
If that happens. just load the auto-save from Freedom's Reach, and jump to a different gate in Elena, and come back.

Also, I've noticed that Transporter device, usually get's destroyed pretty often when using the unfocused jumpdrive, so you might need to replace that.. :)

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 29. Apr 11, 08:36

You *must not* enter the sector in the normal way, or by using the normal jumpdrive. You have to use the Unfocused Jumpdrive to get in--this may take several attempts, and by default there's no key mapped for the UFJD so you'll either have to map one or activate it from the player menu.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 29. Apr 11, 10:43

That's what I thought.
Maybe he's discovered a new way in...using the return ufj to trigger the rest of the plot?

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Fri, 29. Apr 11, 11:39

Don't you need some free docking slots in your TM for this one?

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 29. Apr 11, 13:13

perkint wrote:Don't you need some free docking slots in your TM for this one?

Tim
Not AFAIK, although you DO need at least one fighter docked to it...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”