M7 bails on Stolen Ship Mission!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bill Huntington
x3tc

M7 bails on Stolen Ship Mission!

Post by Bill Huntington » Sun, 1. May 11, 09:20

I’ve started to get my marines back from training, 3 x 100. So I’m doing fight training with Return Ship and Stolen Ship missions. I like to cruise NJY’s Deception because it’s a small sector with a lot of stations, so faster and easier to get missions.

So I get a Stolen Ship mission for a Thresher (M7) in Menelaus Paradise. I bring in the Tiger to lower his shields, and it gets into the hull. And the pilot bails and gives me the ship. An M7 bails!

I reload because I need to cap it for training purposes. I’ve got anti - Xenon defenses in the sector which include blocks of 50 Lasertowers. So the Thresher spawned close to it and by the time I closed with him, he was next to the LTs. When the marines boarded, the Thresher turned red, and got into it with the LTs. Gone! and with my Marines!

On the next reload, everything went okay, and I capped the Thresher. I lost 5 low value marines, and all of my 3x100 marines came through. I returned the Thresher, collected my fee … and capped him again! Since I returned the ship outside the station (an M7 can’t dock), and I returned it without shields, it was pretty easy. As soon as I relinquished control of the Thresher, it started to move. But I was ready with my finger on the manual trigger, and launched pods immediately. Cap, transfer JD, Energy, shields and lasers. Then Unfocused Jump, and I’ve got another Thresher.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Flozem
x3tc

Post by Flozem » Sun, 1. May 11, 10:06

yes they do indeed - had the same happen to me recently when I inadvertently accepted on such mission. The M6 bailed on me after I decided to destroy it....

Have been looking into these missions more now, but so far I haven't seen any capital ships to be reclaimed.

Seleucius
x3tc

Post by Seleucius » Sun, 1. May 11, 15:58

M7 is the largest those and abandoned ship missions go. "You forgot your Thresher over in Spaceweed Grove, hmm? Oh, yeah, no problem, I'll be right back, you just wait patiently right there..."

Edit: In my experience. YMMV.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sun, 1. May 11, 17:49

They are often rare indeed, but M7's are the top you'll experience.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Sun, 1. May 11, 18:15

Seleucius wrote:M7 is the largest those and abandoned ship missions go. "You forgot your Thresher over in Spaceweed Grove, hmm? Oh, yeah, no problem, I'll be right back, you just wait patiently right there..."

Edit: In my experience. YMMV.
More like, "Yeah, you just wait patiently while I use your ship for boarding practice, then keep it for myself." :twisted:

I think we're all agreed though: Stolen Ship missions are broken. I've said it before and I'll say it again: bailing is random, and Egosoft should not have made a mission wherein success is entirely based on pure dumb luck.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sun, 1. May 11, 20:48

Only until you're after M6's is it luck based. Then it's just a matter of marines.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”