Massive pirate fleet in Maelstrom?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dlprentice
x4

Massive pirate fleet in Maelstrom?

Post by dlprentice » Mon, 2. May 11, 04:16

So I am trying to get the Personal HQ I got XTM with bonus package on a vanillia 2.5 version of X3:R from steam ( I got it backed up incase )

Anyway I got to go find this ship and I did before barely making it past like 500 pirates and some huge pirate vessels so I don't know what to do I got to tow the ship, but how can I do that with lots of pirates on the way back?

Just some help would be nice.

Maybe their is some way of being 'nice' to the pirates so I can pass?

Maybe their is a base i can destroy and stop them?

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Mon, 2. May 11, 04:26

I'm answering this on the assumption you're working the Goner plot to get to the HQ plot. Correct me if I am wrong.

Befriend the pirates by doing missions for them and selling booze. You'll eventually get to the point where you can scan most hostile pirate ships (from the drop-down menu) and turn them non-hostile.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

dlprentice
x4

Post by dlprentice » Mon, 2. May 11, 04:33

No im doing the bala gi research missions

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Mon, 2. May 11, 04:35

Oh, damn. I didn't see X3R in your post. :oops:

Forget I said anything.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

dlprentice
x4

Post by dlprentice » Mon, 2. May 11, 04:43

Its fine I wont be getting TC because I leave for the army in a month no point.

Progress-M
x3tc

Post by Progress-M » Mon, 2. May 11, 05:10

dlprentice wrote:Its fine I wont be getting TC because I leave for the army in a month no point.
Good luck. Try not to get in the news.

dlprentice
x4

Post by dlprentice » Mon, 2. May 11, 05:18

Yeah i'll try not too lol, but um another question

Is their an easier way to look at stuff off the map without zooming out? This would help me with station placement A LOT as the above user said sell booze to the pirates so im going to spend my money on a space fuel place and two wheat farms so I can be nice with them :)

But yeah main point itd be nice to look off map without zooming out thanks.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 2. May 11, 07:30

If you zoom IN to the map while a ship is selected the map view will centre on that, no matter whereabouts the ship is--so send a fast scout to where you want to place the stations, select it on the map and then zoom in!

dlprentice
x4

Post by dlprentice » Mon, 2. May 11, 08:05

Ah thanks :)

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Mon, 2. May 11, 10:43

One of the features of XTM is that it increases pirate activity throughout the universe. Sorry to say, but you're in for a hard fight in and a hard fight out. :wink:

There's no easy way to go about it. You're going to have to get a big ship and clear out as many pirates as you can from around the yacht, then tractor beam it as quickly as possible and try to keep the hostiles off of you while you tug your way out of there. You'll probably need more than one ship:

An M7 or M2 for the first attack.

An M6 to tow the yacht.

And a whole bunch of fighters to watch your back.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 2. May 11, 12:46

These fora do have exactly one thread, XTM Gameplay, for XTM gameplay discussion. :sceptic:

dlprentice
x4

Post by dlprentice » Mon, 2. May 11, 21:05

I am actually talking about pirate activity due to XTM. Otherwise the main course of this thread is how I can befriend the pirates and complete the research missions for my HQ. I don't think that thread would of worked for this?

To the poster that said I got to go in guns blazing I tried that & ended up having a battle of epic scale I need more ships x.x like I tried going in with a carrier a M6 and um 30 fighters it was not enough!

So I am going to use more money from my stations & get a titan, and 20 more fighters, and yeah this is hard :S

dlprentice
x4

Post by dlprentice » Mon, 2. May 11, 21:27

KloHunt3r wrote:One of the features of XTM is that it increases pirate activity throughout the universe. Sorry to say, but you're in for a hard fight in and a hard fight out. :wink:

There's no easy way to go about it. You're going to have to get a big ship and clear out as many pirates as you can from around the yacht, then tractor beam it as quickly as possible and try to keep the hostiles off of you while you tug your way out of there. You'll probably need more than one ship:

An M7 or M2 for the first attack.

An M6 to tow the yacht.

And a whole bunch of fighters to watch your back.
Did you have to deal with such madness?

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Pirates

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Mon, 2. May 11, 23:30

I did this mission in a centaur with six m3 wing men to protect me and a mass of missiles. i did it in sector stages saving at each sector but more importantly i salvaged all tyhe derelict ships first and docked them in merchant haven before attempting to tow the hyperion.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 2. May 11, 23:41

dlprentice wrote:I am actually talking about pirate activity due to XTM. Otherwise the main course of this thread is how I can befriend the pirates and complete the research missions for my HQ. I don't think that thread would of worked for this?...
That's exactly the thread you want to discuss this in because it's not an issue in the vanilla game. If you peruse that thread, you'll find a number of ways already mentioned on how to deal with the pirates. This discussion isn't really appropriate for the main forum, so I'll lock this and refer you to that XTM gameplay thread jhletone linked.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”