Boron help

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

arjuna123

Boron help

Post by arjuna123 » Thu, 5. May 11, 06:42

What can I do to quickly raise the borons rep. Aside from the obvious missions/trading. Who are their enemies? I tried killing some paranid and got hostile reactions from the police even though i read that argon/boron were at war with paranid/split. help would be nice :)

Thanks!

Progress-M
x3tc

Post by Progress-M » Thu, 5. May 11, 06:57

Go on a squid-free diet :) On a serious note, I'd say missions is the quickest way...but you know that already, I don't have a magic cure I'm afraid.

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Thu, 5. May 11, 14:32

Kill Split. The Borons and Splits are not fond of each other. :wink:

Mileron
x4

Post by Mileron » Thu, 5. May 11, 16:18

In my universe, the corridor between Patriarch's Conclusion and Queen's Retribution is always full of Split military convoys trying to take out the Boron ships/trading/stations.

If something similar happens for you, you could tag along and take potshots (as long as you get the killshot, you should get the rep boost) and collect on free loot too :)

StarSword
x3tc

Re: Boron help

Post by StarSword » Thu, 5. May 11, 17:18

arjuna123 wrote:Who are their enemies? I tried killing some paranid and got hostile reactions from the police even though i read that argon/boron were at war with paranid/split. help would be nice :)

Thanks!
It's a little more complicated than you seem to think. From what I've gleaned in TC and from reading the lore:
  • Argon are allied to Boron and are at war with Paranid
  • Boron are allied to Argon and are at war with Split
  • Paranid are allied to Split and are at war with Argon
  • Split are allied to Paranid and are at war with Boron
However: the Commonwealth web of alliances is not like NATO, wherein an attack on one nation in the alliance is treated as an attack against its allies. Thus, while the Paranid are allied to the Split, the Paranid are at war with the Argon, and the Split are at war with the Boron, the Paranid are not at war with the Boron and the Split are not at war with the Argon.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

David Howland
x3tc

Buy Ships!

Post by David Howland » Thu, 5. May 11, 17:42

You are doing the main things for boron rep., after all climbing up geasy poles is not something that can be rushed. But races like people who use their equipment, especially in their core sectors, so if you are rich buy and use where pos. boron factories and ships.
The BANISHED RETURNS.
HEALTH WARNING! Steam Damages Freedom Of Speech!
Congratulations Egosoft on increasing memory usage from 2 to 3 Gb.
Bin playing X too long when Egosoft refuses to sell you their latest game?
The only steam I want is in my kettle! STEAM=GAME OVER.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”