concussion effect of missiles? (TC)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

inkalsecurity
x3

concussion effect of missiles? (TC)

Post by inkalsecurity » Thu, 5. May 11, 15:51

Hi,

I remember in Reunion, if the target was TS class or smaller, even the weakest missile caused the target to spin around with a nice "burn&smoke" effect, but now as I play TC, I noticed that not all missiles do this.
I really like that effect, as I like to play the game focusing on dogfighting, and this concussion effect is a great tactical advantage, also a neat countermeasure vs enemy PBG roast...

So now I'm looking for the best "knocker" missile, I'm looking for a fast, light missile with this knock effect. So far I found the hurricane and the wildfire being my best bets, but the hurricane is taking 3 cargo spaces, and the wildfire is not terribly fast...
Does anyone know a better missile for this task?

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Thu, 5. May 11, 16:52

I wasn't aware missiles are capable of that, try silkworms, they are smallest of "big" missiles. I doubt hurricanes could do it.

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Thu, 5. May 11, 20:26

In my TC game I recently knocked around a Demeter using Hurricane missiles for fun.

I think the missile has to do a certain amount of damage in order to get the target to spin. When I fire Wasps at an M3 the ship doesn't flinch. But if I launch Typhoons at it the fighter flips about on every impact (until it explodes, that is).
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

inkalsecurity
x3

Post by inkalsecurity » Fri, 6. May 11, 08:18

Thanks for your input guys,
I did some field testing yesterday, and I think I found the winner:

disruptor missile

KloHunt3r, you're right, it seems that a missile needs to cause at least 6000 damage to have this effect, hurricanes, wildfires, silkworms are all confirmed to do this in my testing, but lesser missiles, like dragonflies, wasps, rapiers do not.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”