Error In The X:rebirth Trailer!!!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Chobittsu
x4

Error In The X:rebirth Trailer!!!

Post by Chobittsu » Mon, 9. May 11, 22:16

Anyone else notice that the darkside of the planet cuts to the starfield before the planet forms a sphere?

Egosoft, you may have a problem

http://www.after-domination.net/ADGloba ... _BG_01.jpg

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Mon, 9. May 11, 22:34

That planet is clearly emerging from a wormhole whose event horizon is surrounded by black swirling gaseous dark matter.

Anyway.. X3 also has a ton of problems with layering planets, starfields and nebulas correctly, for some reason. Or doing proper atmosphere layering when two planets with one intersect. Over time, you just start to ignore those things ^^

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 9. May 11, 22:38

Nah...it's an egg,not a sphere.

Maybe the new adventure of "DIZZY" ?

Flozem
x3tc

Post by Flozem » Mon, 9. May 11, 23:10

It's a drive-by video shoot... you're bound to get spaceflies splattered all over your lens....

Catra

Post by Catra » Mon, 9. May 11, 23:39

Its alpha footage.
seriously, lol.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

gunman127
x4

Post by gunman127 » Tue, 10. May 11, 00:02

Got to be gravitational lensing...

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 10. May 11, 09:25

Ahah! The test firing of the XR M0 Planet-buster weapon actually worked then!
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Tue, 10. May 11, 11:03

The nebula bits are in foreground the plant is in background.

Tho tbh the image is shockingly bad lookin anyhow imo with the crap nebula or whatever it is stuff. I think they need some new artists :p
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Tue, 10. May 11, 12:11

It's not abut the nebula, it's about stars shining through the nebula where by all rights the dark side of the planet should be :)

It's perfectly fine if the dark side of planet can't be seen, but stars from background should still be blocked by it - that's the problem.

As for quality - it's a still from a youtube vid, after all - so obviously not the hi-def original frame one would expect.

(drawn a circle around the planet, see for yourself that stars are inside it, quite deep even - left-hand arrow)
http://www.abload.de/img/ktrspnv.png
Last edited by X2-Eliah on Tue, 10. May 11, 12:14, edited 1 time in total.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 10. May 11, 12:14

Skeeter, I know you like to be critical, but one image with an error in it and a few things you don't like and you want the artists replaced? I hope your boss is more forgiving! ;)

Edit: Typo.
Last edited by CBJ on Tue, 10. May 11, 14:49, edited 1 time in total.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Tue, 10. May 11, 13:44

Lol CBJ. Well you have to admit the x games have never really done decent nebulas before compared to say freespace 2 excellent nebula level.

I have always found the lighting and nebulas in the x games lacking as with most of the effects for weapons and hit effects. And tbh it would be nice if they tried a new approach. So ok im sry i was a bit harsh in my judgement of the image and effects but it would be nice if the style and quality changed a bit as it is suppose to be a new engine i thought the lighting and effects would be a bit better in screenshots (not just the above) by now.

Besides its good to complain now and then it might encourage new things for all i know. :D But i hope u can see where i come from, as a avid player of x2 and xT and Xbtf but not so much of the x3 series i do crave new stuff from egosoft not just redone stuff. Which ok rebirth it might be, but visually i still see alot of the same stuff from what i have seen in screenies and videos so far especially visual wise.

Is it so wrong to want change, especially away from the x universe especially, i mean, is ES only capable now of basing any game in future in the X universe? I know its popular but only new comers really appreciate the new games well from my view it is but old timers surely must be getting bored of it by now?

Bah im just rambling. Sry. Im sure the gameplay will be a nice change from what i know. Just wish the visuals were radically changed from what we have seen from past x games and from my eyes it doesnt look different at all from x3/x3tc visual style.
X2-Eliah wrote:It's not abut the nebula, it's about stars shining through the nebula where by all rights the dark side of the planet should be :)

It's perfectly fine if the dark side of planet can't be seen, but stars from background should still be blocked by it - that's the problem.

As for quality - it's a still from a youtube vid, after all - so obviously not the hi-def original frame one would expect.

(drawn a circle around the planet, see for yourself that stars are inside it, quite deep even - left-hand arrow)
http://www.abload.de/img/ktrspnv.png
Now that is really funny that pic when u drew the circle. It looks like there is no planet and the curvy of the planet now looks just like nebula part of the other nebula stuff its freaky that the curve can look like a planet one pic and nebula just in the other. :D
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Tue, 10. May 11, 14:13

lol. tech support early adopter i see.

Raise a ticket! demand that they fix this to the next patch! :D
X3:TC Heavy M6 guide : : : Let's pretend you are an addict, lets pretend that you are a X-games player... but i am repeating myself here.

Ozkar
x3tc

Post by Ozkar » Tue, 10. May 11, 18:55

Considering the great ship designs that EgoSoft has in X3 R or TC I think the artists should keep their jobs. tbh I am glad that they spent more time on ships/stations than background. And I am sure with the resources that they have, Egosoft has to prioritize somethings over others.

Funny thing with Freespace 1/2 nebula, they were just .bmps that were stretched and overlapped until a nice final nebula effect was created. The background was always the same black, with a random amount of stars. The nebula they added in Freespace 2 were totally different, andwhile I liked flyingin them from time to time, they were a bit tiring to spend longer periods of time in.

Now if they had nebulous clouds floating about in sectors that could hide whatever was in them (crates, asteroids, ships, ambushes) that would be cool, kind of like the dust clouds in Homeworld 2 maps.

As far as the X-verse goes... well, its a good place, and I am glad that they choose to keep rebirth located there. Let another company step up and make a sandbox space rpg. Honestly I hope one does, because imho, competition breeds innovation, and I know EgoSoft can be quite innovative.
Give me a mamba or give me death!

forloren
Winner X3TC Forum Quest
x4

Post by forloren » Fri, 13. May 11, 10:35

I think the planet is supposed to be that way, as in something radical happened or is happening to it. The effect is more pronounced when the logos appear. Perhaps something to do with the supernova.

I'm just not going to immediately attribute it to poor graphics, which to me seems to be a way of saying they were lazy and couldn't be bothered to do things right. Besides, I'm of the belief that the planets are physical objects, not composite background images.

To me, the visuals are radically different. There is much finer detail, dynamic shadows, and there doesn't seem to be that metallic sheen on everything. The flame effect on the station looks much better than the plasma bust generators. There are blinking lights on ships and stations, as well as spotlights. There are moving signs and arrows that aren't just videos on billboards. The lines of ships don't look like anything I saw in X3. The gates are now 3D as opposed to a 2D event horizon. There is also the new effect on ships when traveling through whatever it is they fast travel through.

And yes, I got all that from the 40 seconds of footage and 4 screen shots. :)

-Forloren

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”