X-rebirth empire buiilding?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

tianlongprc
x3tc

X-rebirth empire buiilding?

Post by tianlongprc » Wed, 11. May 11, 23:25

I just wanted to ask if people have heard anything about the possibility of empire building in X-rebirth?

I love X3TC but when I got to the end game I did not like it as much. I wanted to take over sectors and rebuild the economy. Claim the sectors for my own. Now, I know there are mods to do what I want but the NPC stations will always re-spawn.

I am not asking that X-rebirth change that much from X3TC because I love that game play. But I would like a better endgame model.

cj-spartacus
x3ap

Post by cj-spartacus » Wed, 11. May 11, 23:50

The Improved Races mod scratches that itch for me. Nothing else for it I'm afraid. It would be nice if they added a universe domination mode to Rebirth but I doubt they will if it's to be in keeping with the spirit of the other games.
"Sticking feathers up your butt doesn't make you a chicken." - Tyler Durden

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Thu, 12. May 11, 00:09

You may want to keep an eye open for X-Timelines when I release it. Phase 1 is up for release in a couple of weeks (depending how testing goes) and empire building is central to Phase 2's gameplay. Phase 1 focuses on the Combat balance, whereas Phase 2 introduces the new semi-closed loop economy to the mix. Missions generated off the economy and racial needs as the game continues, plus a couple of other features that make building an empire far more interesting :D

Seeing as Improved Races: Chaos Edition is being designed primarily for X-Timelines and we are introducing a hell of a lot of new stuff to the economic structure for Phase 2.
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 12. May 11, 00:13

For now, let's please confine X Rebirth questions to the currently open threads and not start a rash of new ones.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”