help with delivering missiles to Carrier

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Viviox
x3ap

help with delivering missiles to Carrier

Post by Viviox » Sat, 14. May 11, 00:50

I'm having problem restocking my carrier with missiles without going to back and forth to missiles stations everytime I need more missiles.

So here's the story. I have a TM Macana (from SRM mod) working as a carrier for my 8 m4, patrolling some sectors near Omicron Lyrae. I have my m4 set to restock their Disruptor Missiles and Thunderbolt missiles everytime they dock at homebase (TM). But my TM can only carry about 300 missiles.

Is there a way to set a freighter to automatically buys the missiles I need, jump, and transfer the missiles onto my TM to restock my m4? And the freighter should only buy and restock my TM when necessary, so that it doesn't have to run back and forth trying to transfer the wares when I don't need it yet.

Thanks in Advance.

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Sat, 14. May 11, 01:13

You can set up a CLS2 pilot to restock the Macana's missile stocks whenever it drops below a certain point.

You'd need to train the pilot for awhile to get him to be more efficient, and you'd have to make sure you have easy access to the desired missiles, but once you have everything squared away your TM should have a constant supply of ammunition.

In my game I put my CLS2 pilot in an M6, and have him collect missiles from my weapon complex in Hatikvah's Faith. Every time my patrolling frigate in Ore Belt starts running low on Typhoons the M6 jumps in and drops off some missiles at the M7.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Sat, 14. May 11, 01:20

I often post this link, its CLS/TL resupply guide made for fuel resupply but it could be very easily adapted to anything. Just follow described steps, you'll have no problems.

Viviox
x3ap

Post by Viviox » Sat, 14. May 11, 02:20

Thanks guy, I'll try CLS. Currently have 11 discoverers in Terran Space training. Once they get high enough level, i can put them to use.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”